Jabari Ishmael in the Portal

That's an entirely different point though. Yes - evals have to be much better across the board. But remind me who recruited Roberts, Ishmael, Rodriguez...

Only one we have worth a **** is Parrish and he was brought in via portal. Completely different person (+Highsmith) in charge of evals now, so it's not exactly apples to apples.
I don't disagree but there's no other school we consistently sign so many jags from. Maybe with better folks in charge we can leave some of those guys for FIU to sign.

Advertisement
Agree with the OPs sentiment

Hopefully this is just us actually identifying and landing an elite edge class

I feel like it’s been a position we’ve been incredibly hit or miss with over the years. Lots of stars, but not many stars so to speak

I don't disagree but there's no other school we consistently sign so many jags from. Maybe with better folks in charge we can leave some of those guys for FIU to sign.
Totally fair point. Chaminade isn't far away either with Franklin, Couch, Keontra, Haye, Cam Williams, etc. But we still have to push for Trader (for example)

Advertisement
he was never Miami material, with all due respect. very weak and little skills. wish him the best.

Kobe Bryant GIF

Advertisement
People are allowed to have opinions on a prospect. If they have memory of not liking him back then it's ok to say so. Just like it's ok for u guys to complain about complainers lol.
But these guys haven't stepped foot on campus and people are already writing them off because of their offer sheet and ranking.

In regards to Ishmael yes you all are entitled to your own opinions. Sometimes it's better to wish the guy luck and move on with life instead of all the negative nonsense.

But these guys haven't stepped foot on campus and people are already writing them off because of their offer sheet and ranking.

In regards to Ishmael yes you all are entitled to your own opinions. Sometimes it's better to wish the guy luck and move on with life instead of all the negative nonsense.
They are allowed to question takes. I have always done it cause u want what's best for your team. And most posters have been right over the years on questionable takes. I like the under the radar guys we have got lately. In the past I didn't like the takes. And no one's saying he's a piece of crap human being they are just saying he's not UM material. Good luck to the kid but the truth is the truth.

Per Gaby.

I know everyone will say he stinks, and maybe he does, but he came in undersized and should be a redshirt sophomore this year. Again, maybe no matter what he’s not a player at this level, but you can’t just keep replacing 3rd and 4th year players with true freshmen and expect to hold up for full seasons, year after year.

So if Wayne and Bain’s arrivals pushed him out the door, OK. But I still wish kids like this would stick around until they’re fully physically developed, at least to just provide depth as 21 year old men vs us having to play 18-19 year olds all the time.
it cuts both ways......if you are an undersized player and working your hardest and guys like Wayne and Bain come in and they are the toast of the town, you may start to think you are never gonna get in there. And if you want to play cause you only get 4-5 years to do this, then sometimes you gotta go. You cant keep worrying about a team's depth when they are going to the transfer portal constantly to take your playing time (and rightfully so). At some point you gotta be honest with yourself if you want to play and it isn't looking like its gonna happen.

Advertisement
Came here to say this, no disrespect to jabari tho i wish him well.

Also we sit up here and cry all day about kids leaving sfla but we literally miss on so many evaluations that could’ve been replacements or even upgrades over the 4 n 5 stars that left smh. Thats why I wont right off mario and his staff taking lower ranked kids, gotta let them evaluate and see what the results are in a couple years

Yeah and until proven otherwise (from seeing the kids in game) we should happily accept Mario’s approach so far targeting those lower ranked kids to lock up early.

Just think if we start hitting at a high rate on these types added with blue chip players. We’d potentially have a kid like Payton on roster in a position to redshirt and start/backup year two.

We’ve relied heavily on the few good players we’ve signed to contribute right away and we can’t win if we have to keep sending out true freshman starters.

Mario has been criticized before for caring too much about a recruits rating and stars so I think if he’s targeting guys that aren’t moving us up in the rankings it’s because they’re legit.

I complained about the teams performance last year when it sucked and I acknowledge Mario isn’t Lincoln Riley when it comes to calling an offense, but the man recruits 1st rounders and NFL gems like few others so I’m not going to start questioning his recruiting chops now.

He was right when he said the U used to have a lot more Bains and Ray Rays on the roster. He knows the caliber of player we need to get back

Advertisement
Very surprising since his dad has been on S&C staff here **** near Jabari’s entire life.
He was a little light coming in like a lot of edge players coming out of high school but I don't think he was particularly weak. he just wasn't a great player. I remember a few guys here, who's opinions I respect, saying his film was not 4 star film and that he was basically being graded on potential and not production.

1. Throwing out a SMU prediction to round it out.

2. That Gaby young person strikes me as a hard worker and he has out-scooped other insiders several times. in the minor pet peeve department it seems like "again" is one of his favorite words.

Geaux Canes !!
I’m throwing out Duke

Advertisement
Back