J JOHNSON BRUTAL SAFETY PLAY

nickster

Freshman
The kid is literally taking himself out of every play as he is not only playing 20 yards off the line but back pedaling before ever snap. Can’t believe what I’m seeing. Yeah he made an interception but watch his play, it’s like playing with 10 men

Advertisement
Advertisement
We held them to 3 points and 137 yards. Please STFU.
Idk what he was doing on the 3 and 25.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Single high S most of the game daring them to throw it. Sometimes it works, i.e. the INTs (that plural), one time it didn't. Whatever Diaz is doing, it's working. On to the second half.
Don't you think we should have dropped two safeties deep on that play and had are CBs play 5 to 7 yards off the WRs and just play simple cover 4 zone defense? Our D is played solid but that one play was unacceptable

No doubt Jaquan didn't turn to be the player we expected coming out of high school. I see him as being pretty unathletic but he's the best we have.

Advertisement
He's doing a good job, just has to take better angles.. Letting 2/3 extra yac yards when he takes those poor angles.

They are playing a lot of man coverage. He is just keeping everything in front of him. not great but also not awful

he was strategically placed there and did what he was told. for as thin as we were at DB him being there took out deep routes that would hurt our recovery time with limited DB's. plenty of other issues on D but him being placed there was not one of them

Advertisement
The kid is literally taking himself out of every play as he is not only playing 20 yards off the line but back pedaling before ever snap. Can’t believe what I’m seeing. Yeah he made an interception but watch his play, it’s like playing with 10 men

I'll say again! Johnson is too small and too slow. We need '18 class to add speed. Still ****ed Henderson phucked us over, that boy has that South Florida speed we are known for,

Advertisement
We held them to 3 points and 137 yards. Please STFU.
Idk what he was doing on the 3 and 25.

Single high S most of the game daring them to throw it. Sometimes it works, i.e. the INTs (that plural), one time it didn't. Whatever Diaz is doing, it's working. On to the second half.
Don't you think we should have dropped two safeties deep on that play and had are CBs play 5 to 7 yards off the WRs and just play simple cover 4 zone defense? Our D is played solid but that one play was unacceptable

Bingo! Defense played amazing today and the secondary locked it down but that 3rd and 25 is on Diaz. I don't understand that alignment and even the announcer said it was fundamentally unsound. Diaz can't have lapses like that going forward. It's a disservice to the defense that is playing so hard for you.

Advertisement
Back