Ivins Update

Advertisement
Stubbs, Barry, Enos need to go

Banda and Rumph need to be replaced by a DB coach.. forget this S coach and CB coach Bull**** - Both of which are bad to average at recruiting
You make a run at a Raymond or Fran Brown and pay them 2 mil (salaries of Baker, Rumph, and Banda) to be your DC and DB coach.

Get Cornell Ford down here in some capacity. Hes coached DBs and safeties before. He can coach LBs.

You make a run at a Raymond or Fran Brown and pay them 2 mil (salaries of Baker, Rumph, and Banda) to be your DC and DB coach.

Get Cornell Ford down here in some capacity. Hes coached DBs and safeties before. He can coach LBs.
How is it that Fran Brown was supposedly joining Manny at Temple and then when we sign Manny, we get Baker? Am I recalling that incorrectly?

Advertisement
How is it that Fran Brown was supposedly joining Manny at Temple and then when we sign Manny, we get Baker? Am I recalling that incorrectly?
Brown has connections to Temple, but Schiano just snagged him to be his DC at freaking Rutgers which tells me Manny couldve got him here.

Just bad personnel evals all around by the HC.

Brown ended up taking the DC job at Temple. There was definitely talk about him taking the DBs coach role here, but I can't remember if he was going to be Co-DC as well. He was going to take Rumph's job, though.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not worried about CB I think they'll figure it out and Rumph will coach them up, Linebacker and O-line are my biggest concerns

Brown has connections to Temple, but Schiano just snagged him to be his DC at freaking Rutgers which tells me Manny couldve got him here.

Just bad personnel evals all around by the HC.
Brutal. Just fûcking brutal.

Meanwhile... back at the ranch, while other schools are hiring the best coaches out there, Manny’s still playing tiptoe through the tulips.

Advertisement
Honestly in terms of player development I’m not a fan of a single coach on this defensive staff including manny. In the 4 years they been here they haven’t developed one player into a top 3 round pick besides chad Thomas who was a five star and from the previous regime. I’m not asking for a bunch of early round picks but **** 1 or 2 players in the top 3 rounds isn’t asking a lot especially when manny boasts about good his defense has been.

Enos - Fraud
Hickson - He's cool
Stubblefield - Mediocre, and apparently an *******
Barry - OL was a mess but who knows, I think this is the one position group that you genuinely don't know what you have in a coach for multiple years
Field - He's cool

Stroud - solid, but we could probably do better. Lack of reps for Miller and Silvera is concerning.
Baker - not sure how much day to day control he actually has but the defense looked mediocre when we needed it most
Patke - what does this guy actually do? Coach the 2 dudes on the team that play 'Striker'? Specials continue to be underwhelming.
Banda - he's probably got the most stacked room outside of the TE and RB groups. Hall had his moments. Carter is not as impactful as he should be. Bolden was starting to look good. Depth is a major issue.
Rumph - See previous post

Anyone who looks at this and thinks we have a Miami caliber coaching staff is high. Good argument to be made that 8 of the 10 spots could be improved. Even the biggest sunshine pumper would say that 6 out of 10 gotta go. That's pathetic.

Does that honestly look like a Miami Corner room should? Youve become satisfied with mediocrity.

Bandy struggled to be consistent
Blades struggled to be consistent
Ivy struggled to be consistent .. understatement
Couch Unknown
Williams Unknown
Clarke is a Project

yea their all 4stars and from Florida besides Williams. What else you want? Blades graded out great so he wasn’t inconsistent. Bandy had a shaky year but many people do. I’m not letting this year with how the team played affect the previous two years bandy balled out sorry I’m not a doom and gloomer when it isn’t called for it

Advertisement
I'm probably in the minority but I'm not worried about CB I think they'll figure it out and Rumph will coach them up, Linebacker and O-line are my biggest concerns
yea their all 4stars and from Florida besides Williams. What else you want? Board graded out great so he wasn’t inconsistent. Bandy had a shaky year but many people do
”their all 4 stars” has he developed them into top players though? They may be solid but they ain’t special and he ain’t coaching them up to be top players. We’d probably get same results with someone else to be honest. His recruiting is sub par I really don’t get why ppl defend him and want him on staff.

Advertisement
His "coaching up" legend is getting overrated...He is a decent CB coach, nothing more/nothing less. And it doesn't make up for his misses.
Im not qualified to sh it on rumph and say if he is or isnt a good coach, but i know our dline play has made it a lot easier on our secondary the past few years.

Advertisement
Back