Ivins Update

Picked up a handle of jack earlier
I was telling myself today that I'm gonna give the carbs/calories a rest this week and try to lay off the hootch... then I saw this thread and I'm now parked outside the liquor store. Looks like it's gonna be an @Mklein13 / @Wildnation kind of night here. Celebrating the Gift of Richt.

Advertisement
I was telling myself today that I'm gonna give the carbs/calories a rest this week and try to lay off the hootch... then I saw this thread and I'm now parked outside the liquor store. Looks like it's gonna be an @Mklein13 / @Wildnation kind of night here. Celebrating the Gift of Richt.

Whoever distributes Woodford Reserve to Miami should send gift baskets to Blake James, Mark Richt, Searles, and Hartley for all the extra bourbon they've forced me to drink the last couple of months.

Got a few beers left but I’ll pick up more tomorrow and enjoy a few watching Miami basketball and some hockey on tv.

Advertisement

Man, you guys are killing me!

Don't think he retires. But I too have noticed he looks mentally drained on the sideline.

I just heard him on QAM with JoeZ and DBJ and the guy is hoarse. It's starting to wear on him.
I remember when Erickson was our coach, my buddy would see him walking around campus with a bottle of Pepto Bismol and had cold sores around his mouth. Kids would walk up to him and tell him not to worry that everything would be alright.

Advertisement
Might as well just take whatever we can get and focus on 20 heavy, cause this **** looks drastic

Richt just needs more time. Expensive buyout. He just needs his players. We need more talent. We need a better OLine and better QB's......

Just some of the things that are still being said. I don't know how to respond to this kind of stuff anymore.

Guy's, none of us is getting out of life alive. Our time on this earth is limited and short. It shouldn't be spent waiting around for a program that is clearly going in the wrong direction to eventually do the right thing waaayyyyy too late and after so much damage is caused that the repairs will cost twice as much and take ten times as long. It pains me as much as anyone to say this, but the writing is on the wall for Richt. HS recruits are never going to buy his pitch again.

It's over.

The first step in recovery is acceptance.

Whoever distributes Woodford Reserve to Miami should send gift baskets to Blake James, Mark Richt, Searles, and Hartley for all the extra bourbon they've forced me to drink the last couple of months.
Not that I need an excuse to drink bourbon, but this season is getting a little pricey.

Advertisement
All I know is that a lot of the guys we have committed now are showing love and twitter and are letting it be heard and known that they in this no matter what. I like seeing that as a fan of a struggling team if they do it then why shouldn’t we? A lot of these guys have earned my respect.

Advertisement
Sigh....some things never change.

After LSU lost:
Realistic Fans: This class is going to suck
White Knight Fans: Nothing to worry about, Richt is an excellent recruiter....just let the season play out.

After 5 game winning streak against nobodies:
Realistic Fans: We still have to prove we can beat the big boys. Win out, and we'll finish well in recruiting
White Knight Fans: 5 game winning streak!! Whooooo! Just wait boys, we're going to get everybody

After UVA loss:
Realistic Fans: Jesus Christ! Say bye bye to the class of 19
White Knight Fans: Calm down, it's one game, and in the ACC, we still control our destiny. We make it to the Coastal, and we clean up!

After BC loss:
Realistic Fans: FML!! F Richt and F this admin, fly the planes. Class of 19 is truly fcked!
White Knight Fans: Well......yes this loss hurts, BUT UVA is definitely going to lose a game down the road. We just need to win out and everything will be OK.

After Duke loss (and decommitments):
Realistic Fans: Fly the mutha****** planes!
White Knight Fans: Why? It would hurt recruiting. Those guys that just decommitted were overrated anyway, not true Canes. We don't need them. We just need UVA to lose two more games, which they will. We need Pitt to lose one more game, and then we beat Pitt on the final weekend and then we'll play Clemson in the ACCCG, and we have a real shot of beating them. We're the most talented 5-4 team in the nation. What recruit wouldn't want to come here?

After GT loss:
Realistic Fans: I'm drunk. F this program until Richt is gone. No recruit will come here
White Knight Fans: Silent....but down voting post on the shady.

L-O-L. Am I right??!

Last edited:
One of the VERY few positives of Mork Rick was his ability to recruit...this ******* chump cant even do that correctly now. Get him the fuq out of here already

Great avatar...but we assumed Richt could recruit. W/o those bags, let's truly see.

All I know is that a lot of the guys we have committed now are showing love and twitter and are letting it be heard and known that they in this no matter what. I like seeing that as a fan of a struggling team if they do it then why shouldn’t we? A lot of these guys have earned my respect.

This is awesome!!! This is exactly what we need!!! More twitter warriors.

Advertisement
Back