Ivins Update (6/25)

BS85

D before E
Premium
Miami is in a good spot for Kinchens due to Banda

Ivins still thinks Williams will go to Georgia but we're in it due to Banda yet again. He'll announce close to the early signing period and if Miami makes some noise this year, there's a chance.

Garcia and Milroe are the main qb targets. Garcia is being recruited by some other schools hard but unsure who. Milroe is also recruiting for Texas so still doesn't appear to be super likely unless Texas sucks this year.

Jay Allen is a third name to know for this class of qbs. Apparently, he's a great athlete and some schools want him at db.

Jacurri Brown, MJ Morris, Braedyn Locke, and Zion Turner are the QBs in play right now for next year.

The biggest threat for Jabari Ishmael is Oregon. If he commits there I'd fire his dad (I'm mostly kidding). Kid probably just wants to enjoy the process a little bit.

Brashard Smith and Amari Daniels are trending as we all know. Auburn (they're ******* annoying) is going to turn the heat up on Smith after missing out on O'Leary. However, both of these players like the spread and want to play at home.

Thomas Davis ran a 7.07 three cone drill which is smoking and he ran an official 4.71 in Jacksonville last weekend as well. I think I read elsewhere that he's over 230 (Mr. Davis can you verify?) so those are terrific numbers.

At this point last year there were 12 commitments for the 2021class, there aren't any for the 2022 class right now. Part is due to covid and part is due to the new recruiting protocols Manny started

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just to add

I felt like he was hedging what Gaby said about Garcia earlier. He said other teams are interested BUT he’s going to give Miami a hard look. We all know if he decommits then he’s coming here. He’s not gonna go to ASU. Not when he knows that he’s got a better chance at notoriety here and that kind of stuff plays a role with QBs.

Advertisement
Miami is in a good spot for Kinchens due to Banda

Ivins still thinks Williams will go to Georgia but we're in it due to Banda yet again. He'll announce close to the early signing period and it Miami makes some noise this year there's a shot.

Garcia and Milroe are the main qb targets. Garcia is being recruited by some other schools hard but unsure who. Milroe is also recruiting for Texas so still doesn't appear to be super likely unless Texas sucks this year.

Jay Allen is a third name to know for this class of qbs

Jacurri Brown, MJ Morris, Braedyn Locke, and Zion Turner are the QBs in play right now for next year.

The biggest threat for Jabari Ishmael is Oregon. If he commits there is fire his dad (I'm mostly kidding). Kid probably just wants to enjoy the process a little bit.

Brashard Smith and Amari Daniela are trending as we all know. Auburn (they're ******* annoying) is going to turn the heat up on Smith after missing out on O'Leary. However, both of these players like the spread and want to play at home

Thomas Davis ran a 7.07 three cone drill which is smoking and he ran an official 4.71 in Jacksonville last weekend. I think I read elsewhere that he's over 230 (Mr. Davis can you verify?).

At this point last year there were 12 commitments for the 2021class, there aren't any for the 2022 class right now. Part is due to covid and part is due to the new recruiting protocols Manny started
Great info buddy. Unfortunately, Mr. Davis is no longer posting here. He asked for his account to be deleted.

Advertisement
I’m telling y’all Davis sounds like he’ll be an absolute unit at Mike back. Leave Jacorey to play viper, Johnson/Troutman to play on the outside where they’re most natural at, and let Davis use that first step and 4.71(and probably will get faster) speed to be a gap hunter.

Okay then it's now safe to ask. Think it was really his dad?
Yes. He was in the same town and I don’t think it was a fake. He had a hard time seeing any criticism of his kid. I get that but some of it was also shît starting which 1 of Carol City High’s accounts started and the other joined in on. That pretty much got him clipped. And he’ll actually be back in a week. Under which account, I have no idea but he can only have 1.

I’m telling y’all Davis sounds like he’ll be an absolute unit at Mike back. Leave Jacorey to play viper, Johnson/Troutman to play on the outside where they’re most natural at, and let Davis use that first step and 4.71(and probably will get faster) speed to be a gap hunter.
You know better than me but I thought this kid wants to play DE??? If he was going to be a LB, wouldn’t he fit more in a 3-4 like at UiF?

Just asking bc I don’t know.

Advertisement
Makes sense why I couldn't tag him.

Okay then it's now safe to ask. Think it was really his dad? And if it was his dad....is deleting his account a good or bad thing? I need some hot takes on this.
Just from being around this type of situation before (Shaq’s dad, Steed’s dad, Robert’s mom, et al) I think it was his father and it was the wise thing to delete his account.

Said it in another thread but it takes maturity to step into the ring, realize the forecast is only pain, then step back out before damage is done.

I love UM and there’s no way I could see people discussing my child like he or she’s just another stud on the meat market. And no, there was no ill will born.

Advertisement
You know better than me but I thought this kid wants to play DE??? If he was going to be a LB, wouldn’t he fit more in a 3-4 like at UiF?

Just asking bc I don’t know.
I would figure with Jabari being a priority that he would fit the traditional end role with the viper being either Hammett or him which seems to be the case. If this is where it’s headed than you let Jacorey play a more natural role to him in Viper being that he’s already at 3-4 backer and let Davis come down hill instead of teaching Jacorey how to drop into traditional coverage and then teaching Davis to drop in flats. Cave ran 4.7 at 205(I think) and he’s doing it at over 230. I’m telling you with that 3-cone and 40 he can absolutely play Mike back and allow everybody else being recruited at LB/Viper to play their most natural position.

Besides that wasn’t his dad talking about him playing backer here already?

Arent Smith and Daniels essentially the same player? i.e. its unlikely we would take BOTH. ?

Advertisement
Back