Ivins Update (6/25)

I would figure with Jabari being a priority that he would fit the traditional end role with the viper being either Hammett or him which seems to be the case. If this is where it’s headed than you let Jacorey play a more natural role to him in Viper being that he’s already at 3-4 backer and let Davis come down hill instead of teaching Jacorey how to drop into traditional coverage and then teaching Davis to drop in flats. Cave ran 4.7 at 205(I think) and he’s doing it at over 230. I’m telling you with that 3-cone and 40 he can absolutely play Mike back and allow everybody else being recruited at LB/Viper to play their most natural position.

Besides that wasn’t his dad talking about him playing backer here already?
Which spot is Viper? Is it similar to Buck at UiF? I believe our Striker is their Star.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just from being around this type of situation before (Shaq’s dad, Steed’s dad, Robert’s mom, et al) I think it was his father and it was the wise thing to delete his account.

Said it in another thread but it takes maturity to step into the ring, realize the forecast is only pain, then step back out before damage is done.

I love UM and there’s no way I could see people discussing my child like he or she’s just another stud on the meat market. And no, there was no ill will born.
Yeah he just seemed like a proud dad but I wanted to see if my bull**** meter was broken.....seems like it's still intact.

I agree that it's good he got off the site even though everyone seems to love his kid as a prospect. I know I couldn't do it.

Advertisement
Which spot is Viper? Is it similar to Buck at UiF? I believe our Striker is their Star.
It is what Trevon Hill played. I guess a smaller more athletic DE. Jacorey would be perfect for that role, he us 6'3 210lbs now and is more athletic than Hill.

Great info buddy. Unfortunately, Mr. Davis is no longer posting here. He asked for his account to be deleted.

What was that about? To be honest I always get nervous when family members, especially parents, post here. We’ve got our share of knuckleheads that are disrespectful, and in due time start talking shlt about the person’s kid. I mean it’s like some of these people don’t know what it’s like to be a parent

Miami is in a good spot for Kinchens due to Banda

Ivins still thinks Williams will go to Georgia but we're in it due to Banda yet again. He'll announce close to the early signing period and if Miami makes some noise this year, there's a chance.

Garcia and Milroe are the main qb targets. Garcia is being recruited by some other schools hard but unsure who. Milroe is also recruiting for Texas so still doesn't appear to be super likely unless Texas sucks this year.

Jay Allen is a third name to know for this class of qbs. Apparently, he's a great athlete and some schools want him at db.

Jacurri Brown, MJ Morris, Braedyn Locke, and Zion Turner are the QBs in play right now for next year.

The biggest threat for Jabari Ishmael is Oregon. If he commits there I'd fire his dad (I'm mostly kidding). Kid probably just wants to enjoy the process a little bit.

Brashard Smith and Amari Daniels are trending as we all know. Auburn (they're ******* annoying) is going to turn the heat up on Smith after missing out on O'Leary. However, both of these players like the spread and want to play at home.

Thomas Davis ran a 7.07 three cone drill which is smoking and he ran an official 4.71 in Jacksonville last weekend as well. I think I read elsewhere that he's over 230 (Mr. Davis can you verify?) so those are terrific numbers.

At this point last year there were 12 commitments for the 2021class, there aren't any for the 2022 class right now. Part is due to covid and part is due to the new recruiting protocols Manny started
I don’t give a flying poo about 2022 commits and I’ve heard it’s not Banda that has us in with Williams (one of the reason but not the main reason). That being said I was never told who the main dude is, my guess is E Reed

Advertisement
What was that about? To be honest I always get nervous when family members, especially parents, post here. We’ve got our share of knuckleheads that are disrespectful, and in due time start talking shlt about the person’s kid. I mean it’s like some of these people don’t know what it’s like to be a parent
You pretty much covered it. While I enjoy the insight, this isn’t a great place for a parent.

Just to add

I felt like he was hedging what Gaby said about Garcia earlier. He said other teams are interested BUT he’s going to give Miami a hard look. We all know if he decommits then he’s coming here. He’s not gonna go to ASU. Not when he knows that he’s got a better chance at notoriety here and that kind of stuff plays a role with QBs.
IDK about that. Garcia lives 30 minutes from USC. Dad doesn't want him going to school so far away from home. I thin ASU is very much in play. Closer to home. Would be playing most of his games in Arizona and California.

Lastly, people keep forgetting he's the better rated QB committed to USC (#4). Albeit Moss is ranked 2 spots behind him (#6).

I think he stays committed to USC unless we knock it out the park with wins and USC sucks ***. One of the two, will wind up transferring out in their 3rd year of college.

You pretty much covered it. While you enjoy the insight, this isn’t a great place for a parent.

I really don’t get legitimately angry on this message board, believe it or not, but I would absolutely go apoplectic if somebody was talking about one of my kids in a disrespectful way. The worst part is there really isn’t anything you can do about it, you can’t reach someone’s throat through the iPad. Good thing I don’t have kids ;-

Advertisement
Manny and staff might have 90% of our class locked up by August. Sounds like we might have Kinchens, Smith, and Daniels in the bag by then. I like the sound of Lashlee expanding the QB board, Milore is definitely not decommitting from Texas. No idea who Jay Allen is but we need a name or two as insurance for Garcia.

IDK about that. Garcia lives 30 minutes from USC. Dad doesn't want him going to school so far away from home. I thin ASU is very much in play. Closer to home. Would be playing most of his games in Arizona and California.

Lastly, people keep forgetting he's the better rated QB committed to USC (#4). Albeit Moss is ranked 2 spots behind him (#6).

I think he stays committed to USC unless we knock it out the park with wins and USC sucks ***. One of the two, will wind up transferring out in their 3rd year of college.
I don’t. USC took another highly touted QB. Not a project. That shows their cards. Any decent recruiter is slamming that they don’t have faith in him all over the place and that’s exactly what it is. They don’t think he can run their O(stupidly) while I(and Lashlee) knows he can run ours. Ivins is absolutely hedging because that’s who he is. Gaby probably has the same sources and isn’t gun shy like he is. There’s too many connections here and everybody knew that he was committing here until Bryce Young decommitted.

PS: You think a guy who committed right after he found out Bryce decommitted is gonna sit around as USC brings in another QB just as highly touted as him?

I really don’t get legitimately angry on this message board, believe it or not, but I would absolutely go apoplectic if somebody was talking about one of my kids in a disrespectful way. The worst part is there really isn’t anything you can do about it, you can’t reach someone’s throat through the iPad. Good thing I don’t have kids ;-
There are some legitimate posters giving legit evaluations but he wasn’t having an easy time with that. One low post jag poster we perma-banned started just to be a prick. 2 of Carol City’s accounts started up as well. He’s gone for a week.

Advertisement
Back