Ivins: Now what on CB's

DSD.some of these clueless people here are just young cats who started watching the canes the last 10 or so years and have never seen a dominant canes team except for youtube classics.We're 7-1 and that's all they care about,they're happy and don't care about all the problems old timers like us see.Time will tell but like you I don't see this ending well.
Lol I’m 47 years and I’ve been watching Canes for over 25 years.

Advertisement
My agenda u *** clown is seeing the university I bled for GET BACK TO WINNING ON A NATIONAL LEVEL... What can't morons like u comprehend? We aren't built to win consistently against better teams. That's plain to see for anyone with a. Clue. I don't care about manny one way or the other. He's no different from any coach we've had over the last twenty years from a results perspective. Just far more of a reach for anyone besides Coker ever here. Guess you have trouble with reading comprehension cause I've said OUR ENTIRE DEFENSIVE STAPH SHOULD BE FIRED... Guess what. Mike who y'all say I always blindly defend is one of those defensive coaches I think it's time to let go. I just understand why I'm saying it. Because he's reached a disconnect for multiple purposes and his room as well as all others is regressing... Period. I don't give 3 ***** about being 7-1 when we only played one team worth **** and they mollywhopped us. I care about nothing but being in a position to win a national championship year in and year out. Not because we play a joke schedule but because we have a dominant team. If you can't help us with that then yes my agenda says get ****ed and go coach at temple where you ****** belong. Simple ain't it. And losers like you who can see clear as day this path will never lead us to beating national powers consistently yet argue for why it should stay should just be aborted chase winning ain't for the weak. U wanna argue behind a keyboard yet can't see the people u arguing for go out they way to decieve you. That's like knowing ur wife is ****** but ur happy atleast u can't see...
First off I thought we were going to have an adult conversation. I’m 47 years old and I’ve been a Canes fan all my. I’m a season ticket holder with my first born a freshman at Miami who lives in Mahoney Hall. So anytime you want to take it there we can. Oh and btw my daughters roommate is a former player that probably played around the time you supposedly played. In January when i dropped my daughter off again maybe i’ll ask him about your clown ***.

IMO - It doesn’t start and stop with Rumph. It starts with Manny bringing in Baker, who’s in over his head, and what they run and how they prioritize position recruiting and how they award play time. Not defending his recruiting or how that position has played this year - I don’t know how it works honestly with teaching guys to turn around - but a lot of it falls at the top.

We put no priority on recruiting and developing cover skills at CB - ask LCE, Zbrod... - and that’s coming from above Rumph. I am happy to have the wins we have as I know this isn’t getting fixed overnight but Manny made a lot of changes on the offense but left a flawed defense in tact. If his answer is simply to fire Rumph and bring in a replacement, while his droogs skate free, I’m gonna be ****ed and it’s gonna backfire on him.

It’ll show you whether he’s really in it to win it and will do what he can to get there.
Manny had no issue getting rid of the Offensive staph he had no connection to and staying away from it as it’s not his area of expertise. Let’s see what he does where it hits closer to home this off-season.

Advertisement
And you don't see the problem with Diaz hiring nothing but his unqualified buddies on his side of the ball?
I doubt it would happen but what needs to happen is that he brings in a qualified and viable DC like Marcus Freeman or maybe the guy at San Diego State - though he runs a 3-3-5 and then he gives that guy the keys.

First off I thought we were going to have an adult conversation. I’m 47 years old and I’ve been a Canes fan all my. I’m a season ticket holder with my first born a freshman at Miami who lives in Mahoney Hall. So anytime you want to take it there we can. Oh and btw my daughters roommate is a former player that probably played around the time you supposedly played. In January when i dropped my daughter off again maybe i’ll ask him about your clown ***.
Feel free to. #1 thank you for being an actual fan. #2 were not having an adult conversation when u put words in my mouth. I'm more than capable of speaking for myself and if I had some kind of agenda like u speak on outside of what any cane fan (SUCH AS YOURSELF) should have id say it. I speak simple facts that most of y'all are blind to because you don't wanna see things for what they are. U mistake that as an agenda. Adults can ask questions while children put words in peoples mouth. So u choose where it heads from there. But again I do appreciate any of our actual fans. At the least I can say you appear to be that.

I doubt it would happen but what needs to happen is that he brings in a qualified and viable DC like Marcus Freeman or maybe the guy at San Diego State - though he runs a 3-3-5 and then he gives that guy the keys.

Yeah, Manny has to decide if he wants to be known as a good head coach, or just a good DC who can't let go of his defense as a head coach.

This is a critical off-season. Not that it was right, but I understand why Golden was loyal to D'Onofrio, they both rose the ladder together. That is not the same as what Manny has with any D-side coach. If Manny can't grow up and fire the weakest links, then I'm done with ever thinking he will grow into the HC job.

IMO - It doesn’t start and stop with Rumph. It starts with Manny bringing in Baker, who’s in over his head, and what they run and how they prioritize position recruiting and how they award play time. Not defending his recruiting or how that position has played this year - I don’t know how it works honestly with teaching guys to turn around - but a lot of it falls at the top.

We put no priority on recruiting and developing cover skills at CB - ask LCE, Zbrod... - and that’s coming from above Rumph. I am happy to have the wins we have as I know this isn’t getting fixed overnight but Manny made a lot of changes on the offense but left a flawed defense in tact. If his answer is simply to fire Rumph and bring in a replacement, while his droogs skate free, I’m gonna be ****ed and it’s gonna backfire on him.

It’ll show you whether he’s really in it to win it and will do what he can to get there.
Manny had no issue getting rid of the Offensive staph he had no connection to and staying away from it as it’s not his area of expertise. Let’s see what he does where it hits closer to home this off-season.
My fear is we keep surviving games this year and finish with only 1 or 2 losses and Diaz thinks everything is fine and makes no changes.

Advertisement
Age has nothing to do with it...y’all old heads always want to bring up age...I’m 29 and I’ve been in love with the canes as far as I can remember...I’m not a dumb *** fan who thinks Manny is the answer but I’m also smart enough to see that he is a first time head coach in year 2 who is 7-1 that’s a fact but y’all old heads think it’s some magic pill and we should be in the Natty right now and we should be dominant....should he have been hired in the 1st place that’s a different argument but all I’m saying is I will let it play out and see how the team continues to improve as Manny continues to grow..some of y’all old heads don’t even have y’all life figured out but come on here like y’all have all the answers stfu

Age has nothing to do with it...y’all old heads always want to bring up age...I’m 29 and I’ve been in love with the canes as far as I can remember...I’m not a dumb *** fan who thinks Manny is the answer but I’m also smart enough to see that he is a first time head coach in year 2 who is 7-1 that’s a fact but y’all old heads think it’s some magic pill and we should be in the Natty right now and we should be dominant....should he have been hired in the 1st place that’s a different argument but all I’m saying is I will let it play out and see how the team continues to improve as Manny continues to grow..some of y’all old heads don’t even have y’all life figured out but come on here like y’all have all the answers stfu
Totally agree

Lol I’m 47 years and I’ve been watching Canes for over 25 years.
Problem with that statement is you're being contradictory by saying it. What's ur problem with mike than if u don't take it that serious and it's just a game? If it's just about ur canes well the real can in that equation would be the former all american here and first round draft pick who came back to coach. So why not blindly support him? Manny is responsible for the Lb group and that room is god awful. Why isn't he being critiqued if that's the sole standard?

The more people I speak to who are close to Miami football, the more I find out that we have inner problems. (particularly on the defensive side of the ball)

You guys don't like to hear it because it's your beloved program and we're "7-1 bro!" and I understand that. It's just weird to me how some of you will eat-up ANYTHING positive regardless of who it comes from and shun anything negative (even if it comes from someone with inside knowledge). It's like hearing that your chick is fvckin' another dude behind your back, from a reliable source, but you refuse to believe it because you love the *****. Don't be that guy.

Me personally...I've given yall both positive news and negative news over the years. Any time I get any info I share it.
If it's positive, yall eat it up and hit the like button a hundred times.
If it's negative, I get **** on, called bitter and an "unqualified high school slapd!ck coach with a grudge" or whatever else yall come up with. LOL

When I shared the Nike Coaching Clinic crash party I was "Macho da gawd".
But when I told yall about the negative experience I had at a UM coaching clinic/social and how their staff wouldn't even acknowledge me despite being a lead coach at a major school, I was "bitter" and upset that I didn't get my dingaling stroked.

So with that said, some of us who hear inside information may be reluctant to share it at times because some of yall are simply too emotional and can't handle hearing negative news about your beloved Miami Hurricanes. What some of yall don't realize is that we want Miami to be good just as much as yall do! IF NOT MORE! Because some of us are vested in one way or another! (I've got kids there)
When I hear negative info about our staff, it's disappointing. You guys don't hear about the **** that goes on behind the scenes so it's all sunshine and rainbows for yall! People who hear inside info have a completely different outlook.
You guys get excited about James Williams, but I know that we almost botched that recruitment.
You guys clown Rumph for not having any CB's aboard, but I know that his hands are tied and our defensive staff had Marshall committed but blew it.

There's plenty of stuff I hear that's very disappointing and lets me know that it's straight-up amateur hour down in Coral Gables, but yall don't wanna hear that ****.
It's crazy to me though, because how in the world does THIS staff deserve any benefit of the doubt? When you look at our defensive staff in particular, what about their resumes tells you that they deserve our trust? LOL. Be for real!

Advertisement
Problem with that statement is you're being contradictory by saying it. What's ur problem with mike than if u don't take it that serious and it's just a game? If it's just about ur canes well the real can in that equation would be the former all american here and first round draft pick who came back to coach. So why not blindly support him? Manny is responsible for the Lb group and that room is god awful. Why isn't he being critiqued if that's the sole standard?
I’m good man I didn’t mean to say you have a agenda. I’ll just leave it alone and just continue to support my Canes. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

The more people I speak to who are close to Miami football, the more I find out that we have inner problems. (particularly on the defensive side of the ball)

You guys don't like to hear it because it's your beloved program and we're "7-1 bro!" and I understand that. It's just weird to me how some of you will eat-up ANYTHING positive regardless of who it comes from and shun anything negative (even if it comes from someone with inside knowledge). It's like hearing that your chick is fvckin' another dude behind your back, from a reliable source, but you refuse to believe it because you love the *****. Don't be that guy.

Me personally...I've given yall both positive news and negative news over the years. Any time I get any info I share it.
If it's negative, I get **** on, called bitter and an "unqualified high school slapd!ck coach with a grudge" or whatever else yall come up with. LOL

But when I told yall about the negative experience I had at a UM coaching clinic/social and how their staff wouldn't even acknowledge me despite being a lead coach at a major school, I was "bitter" and upset that I didn't get my dingaling stroked.

So with that said, some of us who hear inside information may be reluctant to share it at times because some of yall are simply too emotional and can't handle hearing negative news about your beloved Miami Hurricanes. What some of yall don't realize is that we want Miami to be good just as much as yall do! IF NOT MORE! Because some of us are vested in one way or another! (I've got kids there)
When I hear negative info about our staff, it's disappointing. You guys don't hear about the **** that goes on behind the scenes so it's all sunshine and rainbows for yall! People who hear inside info have a completely different outlook.
You guys get excited about James Williams, but I know that we almost botched that recruitment.
You guys clown Rumph for not having any CB's aboard, but I know that his hands are tied and our defensive staff had Marshall committed but blew it.

There's plenty of stuff I hear that's very disappointing and lets me know that it's straight-up amateur hour down in Coral Gables, but yall don't wanna hear that ****.
It's crazy to me though, because how in the world does THIS staff deserve any benefit of the doubt? When you look at our defensive staff in particular, what about their resumes tells you that they deserve our trust? LOL. Be for real!

I hear what you’re saying but do you think other programs have negative news also or is it just our staff that sucks...like does Saban or Dabo have **** up from time to time? I think the reason the negative news get attacked is some of these ppl (not you) seem to want to prove a point so they bring out the news only to **** on the program...like sometimes some of the things I read on here shouldn’t be on here IMO especially when we have a coach who’s clearly trying to change the direction of the program what if these messages get out to recruits and their families...idk maybe I’m looking at it wrong

So it wasn’t just UF swooping in at the last minute with bags with Marshall?

Advertisement
Yeah, Manny has to decide if he wants to be known as a good head coach, or just a good DC who can't let go of his defense as a head coach.

This is a critical off-season. Not that it was right, but I understand why Golden was loyal to D'Onofrio, they both rose the ladder together. That is not the same as what Manny has with any D-side coach. If Manny can't grow up and fire the weakest links, then I'm done with ever thinking he will grow into the HC job.
That's not true though. They did come up the ladder together. He's been a defensive assistant at two previous stops on staffs with manny before here. He literally came here with no more experience than defensive assistant. Dnofrio as much as I hated that dude can atleast take credit for previous success. His problem was he was too stupid to realize the system he demanded on running is for ivy league kids or atleast unathletic kids who don't thrive on instincts & athleticism. This is simply manny wants his hands on every step of the process and most coaches who are established would never allow that.

My fear is we keep surviving games this year and finish with only 1 or 2 losses and Diaz thinks everything is fine and makes no changes.
You're only seeing a part of this problem. Manny is perfectly aware of the issues. However it's the situation he specifically created in the image he chose. Win or lose its his idea and he's betting on it.

Only problem with that theory is if you can see the cap for future success. Because the issue isn't him in that picture(that's already been explained)it's the system. It has alot of limitations. So unless he lets go of the reigns and allows positions to develop independently of each other than that's the bigger problem.

You're only seeing a part of this problem. Manny is perfectly aware of the issues. However it's the situation he specifically created in the image he chose. Win or lose its his idea and he's betting on it.

Does that have an impact on overall optics? I mean am I happy we are 7-1? Of Course. I would rather that than 3-5 or some BS but you dont usually see coaches from winning programs fired unless they voluntarily leave or get poached by other programs. Why would a highly regarded D coach want to come to a program where his successor was fired when the team went 10-1 or something similar?

Advertisement
Back