Ivins: Now what on CB's

Advertisement
Bruh; let’s cut the bull chit. Let’s stop acting like Rumph is this CB whisperer. If anything, his units take steps back yr after yr under his tutelage. If Rumph was producing 1st - 3rd CB prospects, then I would give him more leniency. His unit refuse to turn their heads around, and are often trailing. So not only is our CB room a mess, his “coaching” ability is grossly overrated.

I stand by what I said; he gets a pass b/c he’s an alum, same chit was being justified when Kevin Beard was here.
I’ve always said this. If he wasn’t an alum with local high school ties, he would’ve been fired last year.

Sure hope the transfer portal has a couple options.

Not guaranteed that there will be good ones available. That's why its a big risk IMO.
For reference ( I really don't know ) where there any good transfer portal CB this year?

I’ve always said this. If he wasn’t an alum with local high school ties, he would’ve been fired last year.
“Local high school ties” - dude can’t deliver anybody, shïts comical
Austin Powers Movie GIF

Mike Rumph is under qualified to be a Miami Hurricane Cornerback coach. Mike Rumph went from a top 15 pick who was a bust in the NFL to coaching pee wee football, became the head coach at Heritage (recruited Michel, McKenzie, and others) for about 3-4 years and then became the cornerback coach for Miami. Who hired him? Richt. Where did Michel and McKenzie go? So essentially, Mike Rumph has never coached corners.

Advertisement
IMO, Banda took over corners. Banda offered the kid in Texas and if you peep Rumph’s Twitter account I haven’t seen any action from him since Pitt. I’m 100% okay if Banda dropped Burns, because Banda is our best defensive coach. He’s coached Redwine, Johnson, Carter and Jenkins and recruited Kinchens, Williams, and Avantae Williams. On top of that, Balom looks like a player and don’t forget about Jalen Harrell.

Rumph screwed us when he was coach at heritage. He delivered Michel to Georgia so he had a relationship with richt clearly and richt probably wanted an in at heritage to land the two corners so he figured rump is a good enough guy, former champion and first round corner so he must be good. And the fanbase will love him for the aforementioned reasons. It was a lazy hire by richt. A lot of his hires were lazy but rump is the worst one right behind his son. Except his son is gone and rump is still here

IMO, Banda took over corners. Banda offered the kid in Texas and if you peep Rumph’s Twitter account I haven’t seen any action from him since Pitt. I’m 100% okay if Banda dropped Burns, because Banda is our best defensive coach. He’s coached Redwine, Johnson, Carter and Jenkins and recruited Kinchens, Williams, and Avantae Williams. On top of that, Balom looks like a player and don’t forget about Jalen Harrell.

oh boy, paging @dsddcane

All hail the bartender!!

Advertisement
I think its pretty clear Rumph is being let go at seasons end. He isnt recruiting anybody and some of our insiders keep saying there will be alot of moving parts.
Yeahhhh it's time to move on. If Banda really takes over his spot is it a good thing? Not sure what realistic options we have who is a legit corners coach and has big ties to Florida.

I don’t know if any of this is Rumphs fault or not. He is 4th on the pecking order when it comes to rank and what he is allowed to do. It goes Manny, Baker, Banda and then they tell Rumph what to do.

Rumph hasn’t be credited with landing anyone this cycle and hasn’t had a public interview all season that I can remember. I think the writing is on the wall for his future on this staff.

Advertisement
They only make excuses for him b/c he’s an alum and has ties to the ‘01 squad, trust me. If he was from Ball St, they would’ve been turned on him.
Many here killed Paul Williams - justifiably so...he was pretty terrible (although, recruited better than Rumph) - but Rumph gets the cape treatment.

Your mileage may vary on Rumph...I personally think he's at best a replacement level coach here...but I think we can do better...and we need to do better. If you can't land the big fish, you have to evaluate, land, and develop your guys...he's doing neither.

Advertisement
Rumph screwed us when he was coach at heritage. He delivered Michel to Georgia so he had a relationship with richt clearly and richt probably wanted an in at heritage to land the two corners so he figured rump is a good enough guy, former champion and first round corner so he must be good. And the fanbase will love him for the aforementioned reasons. It was a lazy hire by richt. A lot of his hires were lazy but rump is the worst one right behind his son. Except his son is gone and rump is still here

Mike Rumph is under qualified to be a Miami Hurricane Cornerback coach. Mike Rumph went from a top 15 pick who was a bust in the NFL to coaching pee wee football, became the head coach at Heritage (recruited Michel, McKenzie, and others) for about 3-4 years and then became the cornerback coach for Miami. Who hired him? Richt. Where did Michel and McKenzie go? So essentially, Mike Rumph has never coached corners.

he wasnt the guy to get that base recruitment going either.

He got his guys like Tyson, Schwartz and company though. But before AH already had their built in recruiters. **** they are still living off of it somewhat now.
Western Broward county was due a powerhouse type program and AH fills that void. They can get kids from Cypress bay, Cooper city,Weston,Plantation yearly if they want...and they routinely mix in some inner city kids. The minute AH insurgence began...Plantation High demise started.
Also on that AH staff ever since even Rumph there were other NFL coaches that played db in the league. Surtain, Daryl Porter, etc to add to the Chad Wilson's, Blu Tanis that are personal db trainers for most of the top talent from youths on up here.

Rumph deserves to be called out but who in the Ungodly holy FUQ has Blake, Patke and Mindy himself signed?

Why Rumph never gets credit for Nesta

Never forget Shaq and Pic were Golden targets and regressed under Mindy

Nesta was a UM lean out the gate and the DL coach also played a big part in that. Rumph though was point man on it as he is the guy for AH.
-That was seen as a just dont f it up type of deal and apparently we still had to sweat it out somewhat.

Crazy part is...this article below is of defending Rumph....in 2018. 3 classes ago...its been almost 5 yearsof defending now. lol
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/2018/...ng-class-other-defensive-signing-day-tidbits/

I think he better close strong this class...because if some other staffs in other programs get let gothere may be options popping up.

We got 2 months to zero in on 2 targets imo. He should be able to do it.

Advertisement
Back