Ivey BYKE

Always ripped Ivey and alot of the corners but with a new scheme and TRob allowed to work, im curious to see if we see a major improvement. Especially with Kelly Taylor Moss and Stewart rushing the passer players like that can improve the back end very easily.
So you're cool with Ivey back but wanted Blades to leave..

Advertisement
Agree with you that he definitely missed the play - a big blunder on his part- but disagree that the whole MIami sideline was yelling at him Beforehand to cover - what in hindsight was, but not as it actually happened, an "obvious' fake.
I doubt that anybody on UM's side knew it was "obvious" beforehand.
I'm sure there were those on the sidelines yelling at him. but it was unfortunately AS and AFTER the guy blew by him, not before it even happened
They were in “punt safe” formation. That’s literally the call you make when expecting a fake.

Last edited:
The main concern I have with Ivey has been voiced on here by some others. If he's ready to put in the work with the right attitude, awesome. But if he is looking to hang out in the parking lot with Jeff Thomas while recruits are left hanging, then he can go play for FIU or Middle Tennessee State for all I care.

At worse he's a solid depth piece at a position where we're razor thin depth wise.

I'll take my downvotes on this one...all I have to say is Mario not making him feel unwanted and thus him hitting the portal should be an indication of what I just alluded to above.

I'm giving everyone who comes back a clean slate.....I want to see who can actually play when they have a real coaching staff from A-Z....

Advertisement
So you're cool with Ivey back but wanted Blades to leave..
I warmed up to Blades and giving him the benefit of the doubt. But if he does bad imma be the first to say it. I never liked Ivey or Blades out of HS in terms of our standard. But I get our standard is different in the dark ages I just always expect UM to be like the Yankees. Our best is better than the rest and I will always want the best players at every position with the backups no drop off.

1642108540154.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I warmed up to Blades and giving him the benefit of the doubt. But if he does bad imma be the first to say it. I never liked Ivey or Blades out of HS in terms of our standard. But I get our standard is different in the dark ages I just always expect UM to be like the Yankees. Our best is better than the rest and I will always want the best players at every position with the backups no drop off.

Ivey was a 4 star with offers from Auburn and Georgia.

Blades was a 4 star with offers from **** near everywhere including Bama, Auburn, and LSU.

By all means pull up your posts from their recruitment where you said they were "not up to UM standards ."

Advertisement
Ivey was a 4 star with offers from Auburn and Georgia.

Blades was a 4 star with offers from **** near everywhere including Bama, Auburn, and LSU.

By all means pull up your posts from their recruitment where you said they were "not up to UM standards ."
I don't know what I said about Blades maybe I did like him I can't remember 100. I'm not a robot I'm a human but I for sure know **** well I complained about Ivey that it was concerning his speed. He had the look but was worried about why no one on earth was pushing for him. I get concerned when the best eval schools are not interested in a sfla cornerback.

Few other were worried about Blades cause he wasn't starting at STA his SR year if I'm not mistaken

I don't know what I said about Blades maybe I did like him I can't remember 100. I'm not a robot I'm a human but I for sure know **** well I complained about Ivey that it was concerning his speed. He had the look but was worried about why no one on earth was pushing for him. I get concerned when the best eval schools are not interested in a sfla cornerback.

Few other were worried about Blades cause he wasn't starting at STA his SR year if I'm not mistaken
No but you've already been busted making bogus claims about things you said to try to to make yourself look like a sage or something so maybe chill on that. We know ivey has been a bust and we know Blades has been a disappointment mostly because of injuries. You don't have to try to retcon the past and say they were reaches as recruits and you always knew you didn't want them when a bunch of SEC schools did. It just makes you look ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back