It's time to stop assuming our backups will transfer

SinCityCane

Recruit
There are things apart from playing time to take into consideration. I saw Jake Garcia saying he feels like the school, teammates & coaches have "taken him in" after practice yesterday in response to a dip**** reporter asking him why he's still here. The U has always been a family, & a guy like Mario who grew up here and played here knows that better than anyone. With the right leadership in place, an elite coaching staff & off field staff with 2 NFL HOF's, the Ruiz family & NIL deals to keep the players happy & paid, a new IPF, & still a great education, this is quickly becoming one of the places to be in CFB. Our players are seeing it. Recruits have taken notice. Those outside the program who don't know will realize it soon enough. Some powerful figures are already scared (remember the bs NIL investigation announcement right after Mario was hired). We're about to seriously shake things up.

At the end of the day, the ones who will transfer are the ones who don't wanna put in the work or don't have what it takes. They'll just be freeing up a spot for a portal addition who does. But there won't be many difference makers jumping off this train.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are things apart from playing time to take into consideration. I saw Jake Garcia saying he feels like the school, teammates & coaches have "taken him in" after practice yesterday in response to a dip**** reporter asking him why he's still here. The U has always been a family, & a guy like Mario who grew up here and played here knows that better than anyone. With the right leadership in place, an elite coaching staff & off field staff with 2 NFL HOF's, the Ruiz family & NIL deals to keep the players happy & paid, a new IPF, & still a great education, this is quickly becoming one of the places to be in CFB. Our players are seeing it. Recruits have taken notice. Those outside the program who don't know will realize it soon enough. Some powerful figures are already scared (remember the bs NIL investigation announcement right after Mario was hired). We're about to seriously shake things up.

At the end of the day, the ones who will transfer are the ones who don't wanna put in the work. They'll just be freeing up a spot for a portal addition who does. But there won't be many difference makers jumping off this train.
Great **** post.

I believe the only ones who would transfer is NO ONE from that QB room. Maybe those who see the writing on the wall, and the one I can think off the top of my head is Cody Brown, and even I think he stays. We keep saying Daz and Redding may transfer... but I think w forget who is or head coach. He will find a way.

If you are a QB you only need one great year to be a 1st round pick. He will get his chance in 23 And you never know what could happen if TVD gets injured. Just like wed be sitting here this year just hoping one of the 2 could step in and fill the role. But King goes out and TVD makes the coaching staff look stupid for not playing him over King from begin with.

Advertisement
It is equally lazy to suggest that players transfer because they "don't wanna put in the work."
While every situation is obviously different, that is generally my take on transfers. If a guy beats you out, you work until you get better. That was really a minor point though. If a guy leaves, I couldn't care less why...he's not about this U. That's enough for me.

Miami isn’t the only school where players & recruits talk about it being a family. In fact, you hear most recruits say it (many of them saying it about multiple schools). It comes down to who you jive with - no different than choosing your friends or which girl to get serious with.

Playing time, esp to those who believe they are talented enough to play at the next level, will 100% play into the decision. As it should. Gotta do what is best for you. Ask Gus Edwards.

I hate to be the guy ****ing in the Cheerios, but you guys just set yourself up for letdown by setting expectations too high, then follow it up with ultimatums like “10wins minimum!”

There is nothing wrong with being excited, but Mario isn’t a god or something. We still need to recruit, develop and execute. It’s not as easy as plug and play.

One thing I am sure we have is one of, if not THE, hardest working coaches in cfb. The trickle down effect of that could & should be felt in year 1.

Great **** post.

I believe the only ones who would transfer is NO ONE from that QB room. Maybe those who see the writing on the wall, and the one I can think off the top of my head is Cody Brown, and even I think he stays. We keep saying Daz and Redding may transfer... but I think w forget who is or head coach. He will find a way.
PPl kept throwing that on Cody Brown as well....forgetting he techniclaly out worked Thad Franklin last year. And im as bias to Franklin as can be being he is from my area.
I dont even put that on him right away dude seems like a hard worker and will push the group. Change in run scheme and plays might even do him well. Him and Thad in short yardage may be real good.

Advertisement
I'm just a believer in logic and truth. I know be when I see it it's a gift. This staff isn't about the B's they real af. They not SJW's
Your belief has me singing like Steve Perry.

I always wondered if things took a turn here would your outlook change. I firmly believed it would but I am pleased to see it live and in memorex.

My references really expose me. I need to shut up.

Miami isn’t the only school where players & recruits talk about it being a family. In fact, you hear most recruits say it (many of them saying it about multiple schools). It comes down to who you jive with - no different than choosing your friends or which girl to get serious with.

Playing time, esp to those who believe they are talented enough to play at the next level, will 100% play into the decision. As it should. Gotta do what is best for you. Ask Gus Edwards.

I hate to be the guy ****ing in the Cheerios, but you guys just set yourself up for letdown by setting expectations too high, then follow it up with ultimatums like “10wins minimum!”

There is nothing wrong with being excited, but Mario isn’t a god or something. We still need to recruit, develop and execute. It’s not as easy as plug and play.

One thing I am sure we have is one of, if not THE, hardest working coaches in cfb. The trickle down effect of that could & should be felt in year 1.
This is all facts. Just sit back and let the **** happen

Advertisement
i dont know which is worse. the OP's post or manny navarro's questin to jake garcia re transferring. both want to bring an unnecessary amount of drama and negativity to the program and i would ban the OP for a month to teach her a lesson

It's sad to see so many of our fans this day & age disconnected from the "us against the world" mentality that built this program. I'm aware that every recruit nowadays wants to talk about feeling a family atmosphere on every visit they take (what else are they gonna say?). That doesn't diminish what Mario saw & became accustomed to when he played here, how connected to the program most of our ex players are regardless of their success in the league, how this has always been a respected but hated program across the country (you know, things that typically reinforce a "family" bond), or how this is a more tight-knit group than what you see at most schools.

Of course playing time matters. My point was that with all things considered, it shouldn't automatically lead to players transferring. It's senseless to point out all the guys that might transfer. If they're gonna leave, they're gonna leave.

Mario doesn't need to be a god to succeed. He's an elite recruiter who was born & raised in Miami, played at the U, has an undying passion for the program, got our school to open up its wallet, & stacked his staff with top notch assistants & analysts "to recruit, develop and execute" at a championship level. I'm more relieved than excited. It's just a matter of time. But temper your expectations as you will...I honestly can't blame you after the shiit show we've seen for 15+ years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great **** post.

But why do we necessarily want Redding to stay if he wants to go? Im all for letting kids stay and get their degree but if Redding wants to go, its not like he's done a thing.

If you are a QB you only need one great year to be a 1st round pick. He will get his chance in 23 And you never know what could happen if TVD gets injured. Just like wed be sitting here this year just hoping one of the 2 could step in and fill the role. But King goes out and TVD makes the coaching staff look stupid for not playing him over King from begin with.
Just imagine the type of talent Mario will surround Jake by the time TVD leaves.

Players transfer more now than ever. Especially when there’s a coaching change. It’s unrealistic to think that guys are just going to stick around while they’re buried on the depth chart. I’m not talking about freshmen and sophomores but if you’re in your third, fourth or fifth year somewhere and you’re not cracking the two deep, it’s probably in your best interest to look into transferring. That’s just the reality of the modern game. Kids can transfer without sitting out a year and they want to get a chance to play somewhere. The days of having guys who are career backups are pretty much over. Especially since freshmen play now more than in the past.

It's sad to see so many of our fans this day & age disconnected from the "us against the world" mentality that built this program. I'm aware that every recruit nowadays wants to talk about feeling a family atmosphere on every visit they take (what else are they gonna say?). That doesn't diminish what Mario saw & became accustomed to when he played here, how connected to the program most of our ex players are regardless of their success in the league, how this has always been a respected but hated program across the country (you know, things that typically reinforce a "family" bond), or how this is a more tight-knit group than what you see at most schools.

Of course playing time matters. My point was that with all things considered, it shouldn't automatically lead to players transferring. It's senseless to point out all the guys that might transfer. If they're gonna leave, they're gonna leave.

Mario doesn't need to be a god to succeed. He's an elite recruiter who was born & raised in Miami, played at the U, has an undying passion for the program, got our school to open up its wallet, & stacked his staff with top notch assistants & analysts "to recruit, develop and execute" at a championship level. I'm more relieved than excited. It's just a matter of time. But temper your expectations as you will...I honestly can't blame you after the shiit show we've seen for 15+ years.
“It’s just a matter of time now.”

It’s comments like those that I speak out against.

It is HARD to win Nattys. Harbaugh went back to Mich; they struggled for years. FSU, UF, Texas and dozens of other schools are pouring resources in just like we are, and are trying to win the same trophies we are, and have been failing just like we have. And Bama, Clemson, LSU etc are all still there as well.

I think Mario is the right guy for the job. I said that before he was hired.. my posts don’t get deleted so the receipts are all there. But it’s not just a matter of time.

Recruit, develop, execute. I’m confident in the recruiting. Development & execution will determine if and when we get to the playoff.

Advertisement
Back