It's time to stop assuming our backups will transfer

“It’s just a matter of time now.”

It’s comments like those that I speak out against.

It is HARD to win Nattys. Harbaugh went back to Mich; they struggled for years. FSU, UF, Texas and dozens of other schools are pouring resources in just like we are, and are trying to win the same trophies we are, and have been failing just like we have. And Bama, Clemson, LSU etc are all still there as well.

I think Mario is the right guy for the job. I said that before he was hired.. my posts don’t get deleted so the receipts are all there. But it’s not just a matter of time.

Recruit, develop, execute. I’m confident in the recruiting. Development & execution will determine if and when we get to the playoff.
I understand where you're coming from. I'm not saying it isn't hard. But these schools don't have the SoFL talent pool in their backyard or the entertainment Miami has to offer, which will play a much bigger role going forward...that NIL money will be a bit more fun to have in South Beach than in Tuscaloosa (maybe only USC can compete in that respect as far as big time college programs go). They can pour in whatever resources they want. Our unique advantages aren't going anywhere. The stars aligned for us to level the playing field ($ influx for the school, NIL, Cristobal, Ruiz) & the wheels are in motion. Hang on for the ride.

Advertisement
i dont know which is worse. the OP's post or manny navarro's questin to jake garcia re transferring. both want to bring an unnecessary amount of drama and negativity to the program and i would ban the OP for a month to teach her a lesson
Well in my humble opinion, take that for what its worth, ALL media just about these days dont really give two craps about good journalism anymore. They are just in it for "The Breaking Story" or to get more clicks on their crappy social media sites so they can have a feeling of being the bringer of cutting edge news stories. I am of the cloth that if you are a beat writer or you cover this program or any program for that matter don't be the one to try and stir the pot just so you can get a story, do or write something that will bring a positive outlook on said program.

However if you cover or write for uf or fsu stir it up as much as you like and make those places look like the steaming piles that they are.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm not saying it isn't hard. But these schools don't have the SoFL talent pool in their backyard or the entertainment Miami has to offer, which will play a much bigger role going forward...that NIL money will be a bit more fun to have in South Beach than in Tuscaloosa (maybe only USC can compete in that respect as far as big time college programs go). They can pour in whatever resources they want. Our unique advantages aren't going anywhere. The stars aligned for us to level the playing field ($ influx for the school, NIL, Cristobal, Ruiz) & the wheels are in motion. Hang on for the ride.
That's why we SHOULDN'T set expectations low for Mario. Mario is making more money and has better assistants than any coach at Um has ever had. He's also got potentially a top 5 coaching staff. He's got the recruiting advantages that you speak of. A top 5 qb.

The bar should be really high. He's an alpha, hard worker and great leader. The ACC isn't great. There's no excuse to not win the Coastal next year.

That's why we SHOULDN'T set expectations low for Mario. Mario is making more money and has better assistants than any coach at Um has ever had. He's also got potentially a top 5 coaching staff. He's got the recruiting advantages that you speak of. A top 5 qb.

The bar should be really high. He's an alpha, hard worker and great leader. The ACC isn't great. There's no excuse to not win the Coastal next year.

You Dont Understand The Sopranos GIF

Agreed, for the most part, though I don't think we're at that "no excuse not to win the ACC" level yet. I think a lot of folks are understandably gun shy about having expectations right away, but its one thing to expect we'll immediately compete with Bama, UGA, OSU at this point. That's wishful thinking considering the rosters they've been stacking for years. But we have more than enough to compete with and beat anyone outside the top few most talented rosters right now. ACC champs + a NY6 bowl game is absolutely attainable this year & would go a long way towards speeding up the roster upgrade. I think we'd sign a top 5 '23 class.

Last edited:
Advertisement

ACC ain't that great. Since we joined, we haven't won **** .

Your belief has me singing like Steve Perry.

I always wondered if things took a turn here would your outlook change. I firmly believed it would but I am pleased to see it live and in memorex.

My references really expose me. I need to shut up.
Oh Sherrie.

ACC ain't that great. Since we joined, we haven't won **** .
Had we spent the money we're spending today we would've won a few times already. Even without it, I believe that we would've won the ACC Coastal next year regardless of the coaching change. We finished #2 last year in the Coastal. But since we have the coaching change I'd consider it a step backward to finish #2 again. We've spent over $80 million dollars on Mario. He can't finish #2.

Advertisement
Agreed, for the most part, though I don't think we're at that "no excuse not to win the ACC" level yet. I think a lot of folks are understandably gun shy about having expectations right away, but its one thing to expect we'll immediately compete with Bama, UGA, OSU at this point. That's wishful thinking considering the rosters they've been stacking for years. But we have more than enough to compete with and beat anyone outside the top few most talented rosters right now. ACC champs + a NY6 bowl game is absolutely attainable this year & would go a long way towards speeding up the roster upgrade. I think we'd sign a top 5 '23 class.
This mindset completely ignores the reality of the roster. It also over-values some of the So Fla talent.

And it under-values the rest of the ACC. SMH These coaches are having to start with teaching the BASICS.

I know this isn't a popular opinion but the fan base isn't usually very reasonable, anyway.

This mindset completely ignores the reality of the roster. It also over-values some of the So Fla talent.

And it under-values the rest of the ACC. SMH These coaches are having to start with teaching the BASICS.

I know this isn't a popular opinion but the fan base isn't usually very reasonable, anyway.
We'll have to agree to disagree brother. This roster was good enough to win every game except Bama last year & was closer than you think to doing it. We beat Pitt - who dominated the ACC championship game - on the road late in the season with a lot on the line. We also beat their opponent (Wake). Yeah we lost Rambo, but TVD will have a year of experience & an off-season with a top notch staff. The ACC is weak. I'm not undervaluing it...I know what these programs are compared to where we should and will be soon. Even with Manny's recruits, this is a more talented roster than anyone but Clemson as far as the ACC goes...and we have the better QB & staff. Trust me, the ACC title & NY6 bowl are absolutely within reach.

Had we spent the money we're spending today we would've won a few times already. Even without it, I believe that we would've won the ACC Coastal next year regardless of the coaching change. We finished #2 last year in the Coastal. But since we have the coaching change I'd consider it a step backward to finish #2 again. We've spent over $80 million dollars on Mario. He can't finish #2.
QUESTION:

All things stay same about Miami Football as it stands today ($$$, support, new energy, etc...)

but.......

Manuela Diaz is still HC....

Is Miami more/less successful than what we anticipate with HC Super Mario Cristobigballs?

I'm selling Manuela and buying Mario....

Advertisement
QUESTION:

All things stay same about Miami Football as it stands today ($$$, support, new energy, etc...)

but.......

Is Miami more/less successful than what we anticipate with HC Super Mario Cristobigballs?

I'm selling Manuela and buying Mario....
If Manny starts out with these resources from day 1, we're not even discussing Mario today. That's not an indictment on Mario but the University. Mario is better than Manny. We all know that, so he should do better than Manny. He's not learning on the job.

QUESTION:

but.......

I'm selling Manuela and buying Mario.
If we spent more money, Mandy doesn’t enter the picture in the first place, provided we spent the $ before his hire. The trajectory after Richt would have been different. My two cents.

Mandy was wasted money and time.

If we spent more money, Mandy doesn’t enter the picture in the first place, provided we spent the $ before his hire. The trajectory after Richt would have been different. My two cents.

He was wasted time. But they got what they paid for.

Advertisement

I see your point, but not my question...

would Manuela be successful with today's Miami?

I'm in the "no" camp, but interested in other's thoughts.

Manuela just doesn't have "it" and I'd add when looking at his total work as a DC, the bark doesn't measure the bite. Not an insult to him, just the way I see it.

It's the off season doldrums...

I see your point, but not my question...

would Manuela be successful with today's Miami?

I'm in the "no" camp, but interested in other's thoughts.

Manuela just doesn't have "it" and I'd add when looking at his total work as a DC, the bark doesn't measure the bite. Not an insult to him, just the way I see it.

It's the off season doldrums...
You doubt the importance of a high paid talented staff? You think Manny poops that away?

It is equally lazy to suggest that players transfer because they "don't wanna put in the work."
But when you see some of the things they complain about/criticize on their way out, then look at their transfer destination...it makes it really is hard to ignore. (A certain player comes to mind.)

Advertisement
Back