It's time to stop assuming our backups will transfer

Miami isn’t the only school where players & recruits talk about it being a family. In fact, you hear most recruits say it (many of them saying it about multiple schools). It comes down to who you jive with - no different than choosing your friends or which girl to get serious with.

Playing time, esp to those who believe they are talented enough to play at the next level, will 100% play into the decision. As it should. Gotta do what is best for you. Ask Gus Edwards.

I hate to be the guy ****ing in the Cheerios, but you guys just set yourself up for letdown by setting expectations too high, then follow it up with ultimatums like “10wins minimum!”

There is nothing wrong with being excited, but Mario isn’t a god or something. We still need to recruit, develop and execute. It’s not as easy as plug and play.

One thing I am sure we have is one of, if not THE, hardest working coaches in cfb. The trickle down effect of that could & should be felt in year 1.
Great post.
Some talented players will not get their full playing time, that they would expect. That is normal.
The next step is crucial.
Do they work harder and earn time, or do they decide to move on?.

The strength of the team is stacking depth, and including the next man up mentality.
As hard as the Coaches work, success will only come when the bench has layers of depth, but the transfer portal also does not have any guarantees either, so there is no win in guessing. The win comes when the talent shines through, playing time is real, and the payoff is the next level based on performance.

Talk of family is great, but performance to create the product is the winner.

Advertisement
Well in my humble opinion, take that for what its worth, ALL media just about these days dont really give two craps about good journalism anymore. They are just in it for "The Breaking Story" or to get more clicks on their crappy social media sites so they can have a feeling of being the bringer of cutting edge news stories. I am of the cloth that if you are a beat writer or you cover this program or any program for that matter don't be the one to try and stir the pot just so you can get a story, do or write something that will bring a positive outlook on said program.

However if you cover or write for uf or fsu stir it up as much as you like and make those places look like the steaming piles that they are.
Seem the s^^** came back and hit him in the face.
Dumb can sometimes be dumber....

Advertisement
He got TVD and GARCIA
And Leonard Taylor as well as a Sean Taylor clone to go along with what could shape up to be the best safety core we've had here in a very long time.

Manny did some good things. He just didn't do enough good things fast enough.

Herbstreit doomed him right before he could blow up though. Works out for us.

Loyalty

Attachments

• Kirby Freeman covers up U.jpg
    Kirby Freeman covers up U.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 10
I see your point, but not my question...

would Manuela be successful with today's Miami?

I'm in the "no" camp, but interested in other's thoughts.

Manuela just doesn't have "it" and I'd add when looking at his total work as a DC, the bark doesn't measure the bite. Not an insult to him, just the way I see it.

It's the off season doldrums...

no way, he's still a corch...no amount of money or resources will change that .(Or at least change the version of Manny that UM hired)

Advertisement
Back