It's Time for Miami to Join the 21st Century

Advertisement
To me, the patriots in the league embody great offensive play. They run a lot of the same concepts out of softens personnel groupings and really exploit matchups and coverages. Also they evolve to the personal on the roster.

Chip kelly also runs a sound system in philly now and has done extremely well without franchise talent at QB.

The Patriots have a scheme that nobody in Western Civilization could even dream of replicating.

It's gameplan oriented from week to week and attacks the opponents weakness relentlessly. It's not even really a system. They've got every scheme in the last 50 years of football at the ready. One week they look like the Packers, the next week they're in 13 personnel for 60% of the plays. The next week it's empty. They even have drastic changes in scheme from series to series.

It takes the time that an NFL coaching staff (An NFL Coaching Staff headed by the best X's and O's guy of his generation might I add) has to install all of that stuff and a football geek/savant at QB to run it.

We'd be better off if we could even just install what Oklahoma was running with Sam Bradford.

They were a very basic offense that moved extremely fast out of multiple of sets.

Simple pass concepts and zone blocking that allowed them to move at a frenetic pace.

We also happen to have the QB that could get us lined up and get guys on the same page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMHRHSgyDM

Oh and lmao at running the spread with this board. Coley ran maybe 15 wr screens this year and the board melts down. With the spread get used to seeing 15 times a game.

Yes.

Because the only passing play that spread offenses run is a WR screen.

Advertisement
no Xs and Os guru but, isn't the spread a more read react type of offense? I think I have seen enough read react for our canes..
Just my 2cents

Running the spread and defending the spread both require dominating the LOS. I see a lot of the same things happening in this game as AG and D'onofrio are trying to do on defense, but the difference, for O$U anyway, is that they're controlling the LOS and allowing the LBs to run free. Their DTs get off blocks, and the DEs and OLBs set a hard edge. They look like they have 13 guys on defense on every play. Oregon is going to lose this game big if they don't do a better job neutralizing the Suckeye DTs.

Advertisement
Spread haters are f'd tonight. It's a win win.

It's funny.

Bama and FSU have probably recruited the best defensive talent in the country the past few recruiting cycles and neither team was able to stop these offenses.

no Xs and Os guru but, isn't the spread a more read react type of offense? I think I have seen enough read react for our canes..
Just my 2cents

The point of the HUNH (hurry-up, no huddle) is to relentlessly attack the defense using both pace and spacing to your advantage.

Oregon is probably the best team in he country at using pace to their advantage. Often times snapping the ball in 15 seconds or less after the previous play has ended.

Baylor is probably best at using spacing to their advantage. Their WRs line up **** near on the sidelines at times in order to create larger windows on the defense to attack. Art Briles is probably the best at this.

Some reading on his offense: http://grantland.com/features/chris-brown-how-art-briles-potent-offense-made-baylor-national-title-contender/

Running the spread and defending the spread both require dominating the LOS. I see a lot of the same things happening in this game as AG and D'onofrio are trying to do on defense, but the difference, for O$U anyway, is that they're controlling the LOS and allowing the LBs to run free. Their DTs get off blocks, and the DEs and OLBs set a hard edge. They look like they have 13 guys on defense on every play. Oregon is going to lose this game big if they don't do a better job neutralizing the Suckeye DTs.

The beauty of the spread is that is does NOT require you to dominate the OL ... It requires that you create creases to run, and be able to throw before you get sacked. The spacing creates the angles/creases. It's actually designed to help less talented teams compete.

You can double players where you want to run, and leave some guys unblocked because of where they are, in comparison to where you are running.

When spread OL do dominate, it means a blowout for the O.

Just look at the 2011 and 2012 KSU games. Same system, but their OL completely dominated the LOS in 2012.

Advertisement
It all boils down to we just want the canes to win again. The team needs high drive coaches. Ours unfortunately only have drive to get all you can eat buffet at the golden trough.

The beauty of the spread is that is does NOT require you to dominate the OL ... It requires that you create creases to run, and be able to throw before you get sacked. The spacing creates the angles/creases. It's actually designed to help less talented teams compete.

You can double players where you want to run, and leave some guys unblocked because of where they are, in comparison to where you are running.

Just look at the 2011 and 2012 KSU games. Same system, but their OL completely dominated the LOS in 2012.

Not sure I agree with that. Oregon's OL is not dominating the LOS, has not run the ball effectively since the first drive, and they're going to lose barring a miracle.

I don't know why we haven't yet, with all of the speed in Miami, we would look like the USA sprint team in pads. Plus it works very well for all of the QBs in our state.

Advertisement

Not sure I agree with that. Oregon's OL is not dominating the LOS, has not run the ball effectively since the first drive, and they're going to lose barring a miracle.

O-State is stacking the box (novel concept), and Oregon has only made them pay for it with the pass 1 time.

Oregon misses Carrington and Allen in this game, IMO.

I don't know why we haven't yet, with all of the speed in Miami, we would look like the USA sprint team in pads. Plus it works very well for all of the QBs in our state.

Because whether right or wrong miami feels that they want to produce NFL talent. It's their selling point to recruits. How many spread qbs, wrs etc have been successful coming from these spread teams My opinion

Because whether right or wrong miami feels that they want to produce NFL talent. It's their selling point to recruits. How many spread qbs, wrs etc have been successful coming from these spread teams My opinion

True, and I do understand them wanting to stick to a pro system, but with that being said the NFL is and will be slowly moving to a spread system and even more of college systems with the success of Pete Carroll, Chip Kelly, **** even Bill Lazor the OC at Miami has shown that those schemes have huge success rates. I believe you can really sell the idea that they are still getting players ready for the NFL even if they run a HUNH spread system.

Advertisement
Back