It's simple

We have some great players. Just not in this scheme. I'm 100% our talent level is there. It's just not a 2-gap, cover 3 3-4 team no matter how bad Al wants it to be. He's the issue, not the players. They aren't put in positions to make plays often enough.

Advertisement
If they lose to Duke, which is a very real possibility, there is no way Golden has a job by Monday.

Ive never in my life rooted for duke in ANYTHING

on saturday i will be rooting HARD

You don't have to root against Miami. The results will be the same. You can't overcome such consistent ****iness by the people in charge.

Can we stop with this already? "Rooting against Miami" is rooting for the betterment of the program. Anyone that can't reconcile this by now...well I have nothing else to say in that regard.

Mark my words....a ****** *** mediocre 5 or 6 loss season doesn't get these ******** fired. It's going to take a little more than that.

I'm rooting for the program at this point...take that however you want.

[video=youtube;dsx2vdn7gpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY[/video]

Advertisement
You still think Burns is an NFL player?

I have no doubt he'd look very different to many of you if he played in a different system. I feel bad for him and many players right now. It's a shame some only look at "results" and not why things are happening or look a certain way.

Dude we play man coverage while rushing 3. Man coverage is supposed to help close down throwing lanes. But to play man and rush 3 without putting any pressure is retarded.

At one point in the 3rd quarter when they had that 14 play drive....we had 2 deep safeties standing 15-18 yards behind the line of scrimmage while they jammed the ball down our throats....on ALL FOURTEEN CONSECUTIVE PLAYS.

Is this real life? How are these guys employed and how did they even get to this level in the first place????

Advertisement
[video=youtube;i7gIpuIVE3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k[/video]

where does DonoFrio live?

I have no doubt he'd look very different to many of you if he played in a different system. I feel bad for him and many players right now. It's a shame some only look at "results" and not why things are happening or look a certain way.

Dude we play man coverage while rushing 3. Man coverage is supposed to help close down throwing lanes. But to play man and rush 3 without putting any pressure is retarded.

Besides the obvious schematic issues, I think it's hard to argue we play with a general "let-the-oponnent-make-a-mistake" approach. Do people really think that type of tone doesn't trickle into the attitudes of players? If your leader values specific things, he will reward specific things. Our current staff's philosophy values conservativeness over aggression. It has a real effect.

We have some great athletes who look unbelievably lost and slow. I hope that somehow changes for them.

At one point in the 3rd quarter when they had that 14 play drive....we had 2 deep safeties standing 15-18 yards behind the line of scrimmage while they jammed the ball down our throats....on ALL FOURTEEN CONSECUTIVE PLAYS.

Is this real life? How are these guys employed and how did they even get to this level in the first place????

Here is what I posted during halftime about this issue:

IMG_5354.jpg

I kid you not, I was answered with "well, didn't we get the stop at the end?" It's another example of looking at results without the context or whether they will be sustainable.

Advertisement

This. If you haven't figured it out by now, then you're stupid. The players look bad because of what the coaches are asking them to do and the positions they put them in. Some of these kids would be studs in other programs. They deserve better

THIS! Feel sorry for these kids. They're playing their hearts out for just absolutely abysmal coaching, especially on defense. How can these clowns keep running the same system over and over and expecting a different result? Just nutz.

I just do not understand how the offense continues to get a pass... Does Coley have some **** on all you guys? I mean this offense is just plain ****... But yeah so is this defensive scheme..... I just think the players have lost faith in the scheme, and as soon as **** hits the fan, guys abort everything they have been taught, hence why it always starts to look ok, but ends up being ****. We had a few nice stops early in the game, but as it wore on it progressively got worse and worse....

I just do not understand how the offense continues to get a pass... Does Coley have some **** on all you guys? I mean this offense is just plain ****... But yeah so is this defensive scheme..... I just think the players have lost faith in the scheme, and as soon as **** hits the fan, guys abort everything they have been taught, hence why it always starts to look ok, but ends up being ****. We had a few nice stops early in the game, but as it wore on it progressively got worse and worse....

He doesn't get a pass from me.

Advertisement

Here is what I posted during halftime about this issue:

View attachment 25742

I kid you not, I was answered with "well, didn't we get the stop at the end?" It's another example of looking at results without the context or whether they will be sustainable.

It's funny you post that....that exact play was the moment I got up off the couch and walked outside...before the ball was snapped. I simply couldn't anymore at that point.

It's amateur hour, I have no idea or explanation as to how these guys are coaching ANYWHERE, much less a big time Division 1 program.

There was one play where once again we had the slot guy completely uncovered and he caught a short pass and easily ran for the first down. We may have even ahd 10 guys on the field again.

McNeese State gave up almost 160 less rushing yards to them. Add to that the fact they only lost by 7 and on a last second, heart wrenching play.

It's an embarrassment.

If they lose to Duke, which is a very real possibility, there is no way Golden has a job by Monday.

Ive never in my life rooted for duke in ANYTHING

on saturday i will be rooting HARD

You don't have to root against Miami. The results will be the same. You can't overcome such consistent ****iness by the people in charge.

Can we stop with this already? "Rooting against Miami" is rooting for the betterment of the program. Anyone that can't reconcile this by now...well I have nothing else to say in that regard.

Mark my words....a ****** *** mediocre 5 or 6 loss season doesn't get these ******** fired. It's going to take a little more than that.

I'm rooting for the program at this point...take that however you want.

all I said was you don't even need to root against Miami. I don't need you to lecture me on what is good and bad about that as you've been doing for a month. I'm saying, rooting either way is irrelevant. The results are already written in stone.

Advertisement
Back