Its sad. But as it stands, we dont hold a candle to UNC as a program

Is Mack Brown at UNC much better than Richt at Miami? Let’s see...in their second year, they both failed to win the conference and lost in the OB. So...I’m gonna say it’s a push.

Advertisement
Seriously, half this board is just constant doom posting. UNC was loaded on offense this year and went 8-3. They had two terrible losses to really bad FSU and UVA teams, and they got manhandled by Notre Dame.

Yeah, they ran us out of the stadium a few weeks ago. They kicked our asses in every phase of the game. They also beat us bad in 2015 and got the win in 2016. Everyone predicted Fedora da gawd was going to run the coastal for years to come. Program unraveled shortly after.

Not saying at all that it will happen with Mack Brown (way better coach than Fedora), but nothing in CFB is constant. Not to mention we played as bad as we could have against them, and they played as good as they could have. One of those games where everything goes wrong for one team (like our game against them in 2018 where they had a million turnovers) and right for the other.

If they beat us the same way next year than we have a massive problem.
Board needs to take some anti depressants

I think unc underachieved this year. They should have beaten the crap out of FSU and UVA. Comparing records with Richt is reasonable but I think they’re overall recruiting better than richt was after two years but time will tell. I think their overall staff is much much better than what Richt and now Manny currently has. They have Criswell backing up Howell and an elite qb in Maye coming so they have at least 3 more hypothetical strong qb play after Howell leaves.

I think they had a ton of opt outs on defense and had to play a bunch of 1st and 2nd year guys everywhere (Conley, Grimes, Sinclair, Chapman, Asante, etc.) which is why their numbers were down. I thought their front 7 was super soft until they played us of course. Their offense was good enough to beat those two garbage teams despite these issues. I expect their defense to improve a lot next year and their offense to drop some.

Right now quality depth is the last thing holding them back. But if next year they get a third consecutive top 15 ish class with more linemen, then they will actually be more of a consistent threat to win the coastal. But Brown also blows a game every year.

Advertisement
Back