Its sad. But as it stands, we dont hold a candle to UNC as a program

Advertisement
UNC has loses to fsu and uva but have played Clemson, ND and TexAM pretty tough and been in those games late I guess.. Coming from where they were prior to Mack they have definitely improved and seem to be recruiting better. They have that high school corner playing man coverage more than we do our junior corners that we coach scared with so I guess they can atleast recruit corners and coach em up.

Games we have against real teams we seem to get blown out for fun and we have bama next who nobody even gives us a chance.

Mack fired Manuello and has come back full term to expose that grease ball for a fraud. When you know nothing at least surround yourself with Coaches that know what the ***** they are doing.

What if we had beaten UNC but lost to FSU and Virginia? Would anybody here call that a success?

Seriously, half this board is just constant doom posting. UNC was loaded on offense this year and went 8-3. They had two terrible losses to really bad FSU and UVA teams, and they got manhandled by Notre Dame.

Yeah, they ran us out of the stadium a few weeks ago. They kicked our asses in every phase of the game. They also beat us bad in 2015 and got the win in 2016. Everyone predicted Fedora da gawd was going to run the coastal for years to come. Program unraveled shortly after.

Not saying at all that it will happen with Mack Brown (way better coach than Fedora), but nothing in CFB is constant. Not to mention we played as bad as we could have against them, and they played as good as they could have. One of those games where everything goes wrong for one team (like our game against them in 2018 where they had a million turnovers) and right for the other.

If they beat us the same way next year than we have a massive problem.
Well, “played as bad as we could”...was actually “didn’t try” and “quit” much of the game. For me, while much of your post is accurate, that is the common thread that has me so disheartened.

Advertisement
62-26 wasn't enough to get this take?

They have a level up HC that has won a national title. They have a level up QB. They don't have elite assistants. 2 out of 3 of the death triangle of success in college football. They are a good team. Don't overrate them though...they are still a 4-loss team.
They have the currently projected #1 overall pick in the 2022 Draft in Sam Howell. Mack Brown had a wonderful run with Vince Young as his QB at Texas, and did quite well with another NFL quarterback (Colt McCoy) who followed him.

It fell apart when he could not replace McCoy with additional NFL quarterbacks in the years that followed.

Let's see if Howell's successor is another first round NFL quarterback.

No. We have no push up front. Our run game is anemic.

We only beat on awful teams. Our defense is just as bad.

I'm a product of the crib, but if im being honest, there is nothing about this program that makes me feel good about the future. Id be willing to bet the Marlins and Dolphins get a ship before these canes ever do. And I came up in a Canes onesie. The times have passed this small private university.
Our run game isn't the reason we're getting blown out, but I agree the run game needs to improve. Lashlee's run game is pure non-fat sugar-free vanilla. It's as basic as the Tecmo Bowl playbook (and we don't have Bo Jackson back there) and predictable. If we improve the run game our offense will be humming.

Advertisement
What if we had beaten UNC but lost to FSU and Virginia? Would anybody here call that a success?
The question to ask yourself is would you swap coaching staffs with UNC tomorrow if you had the chance? The answer is yes and anyone who says no is just plain stupid. We have a high school caliber coaching staff. There is no disputing that.

The question to ask yourself is would you swap coaching staffs with UNC tomorrow if you had the chance? The answer is yes and anyone who says no is just plain stupid. We have a high school caliber coaching staff. There is no disputing that.
I would swap coaching staffs with some schools for sure. Not sure I put UNC on the list. They have hit on offensive guys for sure but their defense has been very bad. They lose to bad teams every year too.

If Miami had crushed UNC but lost to FSU and Virginia would you be happy?

I’ll support this. Richt’s son sucks a coach and Searels is an absolute abomination!!!

Advertisement
I’ll support this. Richt’s son sucks a coach and Searels is an absolute abomination!!!
The second quote is from about a year ago.

How long before you turn on that staff too?

My guess is about midway through the second quarter of this season’s FSU game.

I would swap coaching staffs with some schools for sure. Not sure I put UNC on the list. They have hit on offensive guys for sure but their defense has been very bad. They lose to bad teams every year too.

If Miami had crushed UNC but lost to FSU and Virginia would you be happy?
I would accept a blowout win against UNC and a loss to FSU,UVA if it meant that we would advance to a NY6 Bowl. Absolutely!

I would accept a blowout win against UNC and a loss to FSU,UVA if it meant that we would advance to a NY6 Bowl. Absolutely!
I don’t know. It’s one thing to lose to good teams but losing to a terrible FSU team and a bad UVA team would offset a New Year’s Day bowl loss for me.
I’m not excusing our guys. They dropped the ball literally and figuratively but I’m just not crowning UNC.

Advertisement
The second quote is from about a year ago.

How long before you turn on that staff too?

My guess is about midway through the second quarter of this season’s FSU game.
Mack Brown is an above average head coach who has been around long enough to know what's necessary to succeed. We need a proven head coach not some amateur guy who may or may not succeed after learning on the job. Whether Searels is a good or bad coach is immaterial. If my "Searels sucks" statement was the wrong take then so be it. Perhaps a washed up Richt and his anemic play calling was the actual problem and not Searels. Clearly, he is thriving under Mack Brown. The one thing I do know is that Manny Diaz is going on his 6th ******* year in the program and has shown me nothing. If you want to unearth some other past comments of mine, please check out the thread after Richt retired. There are some gems in there. Not sure why you love Manny so much. It's really a head scratcher.

Mack Brown is an above average head coach who has been around long enough to know what's necessary to succeed. We need a proven head coach not some amateur guy who may or may not succeed after learning on the job. Whether Searels is a good or bad coach is immaterial. If my "Searels sucks" statement was the wrong take then so be it. Perhaps a washed up Richt and his anemic play calling was the actual problem and not Searels. Clearly, he is thriving under Mack Brown. The one thing I do know is that Manny Diaz is going on his 6th ******* year in the program and has shown me nothing. If you want to unearth some other past comments of mine, please check out the thread after Richt retired. There are some gems in there. Not sure why you love Manny so much. It's really a head scratcher.

I don’t love Manny. I always wanted Matt Rhule for us and I'd take any coach who helped us win more.

I’m just not a fan of preposterous knee jerk hot takes, which yours was.

You rail on Diaz and Baker, want them canned, then somehow want to swap them out for a coaching staff that gave up:

45 to VT
44 to UVA
31 to FSU
53 to Wake

One heads up matchup doesn't tell the whole story. UNC has been awful defensively this whole season.

Last edited:
62-26 wasn't enough to get this take?

They have a level up HC that has won a national title. They have a level up QB. They don't have elite assistants. 2 out of 3 of the death triangle of success in college football. They are a good team. Don't overrate them though...they are still a 4-loss team.
So you're saying we're a 5 loss team. That doesn't make anyone feel better.

Advertisement
Back