It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

Advertisement
Advertisement
View counter for this thread is now 8k views. If everyone who cared enough about The U to cruise through content on this site, cared enough to donate $2, I'd get this **** done sooooo quick in the best spot possible. As it stands this is a logistical challenge already with the variety of price points involved with the various option, and the fact that timing is everything with the open spots now especially during holiday season.

A statement of fact is generally considered an absolute defense to libel. So saying our record since he took over is absolutely fine. Alternatively, opinion is generally fine, though merely stating a fact as an opinion is not. For example, Fire Blake James is fine. Saying I think Blake James is a pederast is not.

I would really implore whoever makes the final decision to not name any BOT by name on this billboard. That is just a terrible, terrible idea for a multitude of reasons.
i say this with all Do respect my friend but we have the 1st amendment free speech on this country. Now I understand you can’t defame there character but we are fully within our rights to call them out for what has happened to canes football under there watch and calling for them to be fired for it. There is two BOT members that are directly responsible for where we are right now with Diaz, those Two are Bass and Epstein. Bass because she is the chair and Epstein because he is the most responsible as he is in bed with senior and is 100% the reason junior is now our head corch and both these people without a doubt need to be called out on the billboard for the derelict of duty with this program by having the jobs called for in a firing, not defamed. @305_separatist certain people like this two need be called out on this billboard, the times of playing nice are over. We need to of course call them out correctly within our second amendment rights and not defame but they must be called out nonetheless.

Last edited:
i say this with all Do respect my friend but we have the 2nd amendment free speech on this country. Now I understand you can’t defame there character but we are fully within our rights to call them out for what has happened to canes football under there watch and calling for them to be fired for it. There is two BOT members that are directly responsible for where we are right now with Diaz, those Two are Bass and Epstein. Bass because she is the chair and Epstein because he is the most responsible as he is in bed with senior and is 100% the reason junior is now our head corch and both these people without a doubt need to be called out on the billboard for the derelict of duty with this program by having the jobs called for in a firing, not defamed. @305_separatist certain people like this two need be called out on this billboard, the times of playing nice are over. We need to of course call them out correctly within our second amendment rights and not defame but they must be called out nonetheless.

I hear you brother and I would love too, but like you said Epstein is tight with politicians like Diaz and their ilk. The fact that we are well within our rights will absolutely not stop him from suing someone that ****es him off by tarnishing his name in public. All he has to do is text his lawyer to do it and he won't sweat any of the time or effort involved personally. For me however it would consume a good deal of my attention and all of my funds for years potentially. They know that, and that's exactly why they do it. If we actually had strong anti-SLAPP laws in this state it might be a different story. But as it stands they have full license to do that with no real consequences. I've consulted with more than one legal contact about this.

Advertisement
Updated OP with latest sitrep.

So I understand that you don't want to mention the BOT by individual names, that is fine but they need to be included as a whole.
I want the billboard to include all 3 points.

1." UM Board of Trustees = Football Death Penalty" RIP 2005
2. If U don't care why should we
3. #fireBlakeJames

So I understand that you don't want to mention the BOT by individual names, that is fine but they need to be included as a whole.
I want the billboard to include all 3 points.

1." UM Board of Trustees = Football Death Penalty" RIP 2005
2. If U don't care why should we
3. #fireBlakeJames
I like the U dont care why should we idea.

I also like the idea of poking right back at the program.

Don't worry, we won't be fans later.

I like the U dont care why should we idea.

I also like the idea of poking right back at the program.

Don't worry, we won't be fans later.

I like both those, 2nd one made me lmao.

15 years, 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
Who needs enemies with a BOT like this one?

These just gave me the idea to try and embarrass both blake and manny simultaneously. Just taking a quick stab:

No head coaching search
If U don't care why should we?
fireblakejames.com

Advertisement
i say this with all Do respect my friend but we have the 2nd amendment free speech on this country. Now I understand you can’t defame there character but we are fully within our rights to call them out for what has happened to canes football under there watch and calling for them to be fired for it. There is two BOT members that are directly responsible for where we are right now with Diaz, those Two are Bass and Epstein. Bass because she is the chair and Epstein because he is the most responsible as he is in bed with senior and is 100% the reason junior is now our head corch and both these people without a doubt need to be called out on the billboard for the derelict of duty with this program by having the jobs called for in a firing, not defamed. @305_separatist certain people like this two need be called out on this billboard, the times of playing nice are over. We need to of course call them out correctly within our second amendment rights and not defame but they must be called out nonetheless.
I say this with all due respect, but first amendment free speech and defamation laws are two totally different concepts. The second amendment is your right to bear arms. Assuming you meant first amendment, that also has zero relevance here as it only applies to public places and entities. I also say this understanding there are different libel and defamation rules for statements about public vs. private persons. I respect where you are coming from and appreciate what you did with the banner, but you are talking entirely out of your *** about everything you just wrote.

Advertisement
I say this with all due respect, but first amendment free speech and defamation laws are two totally different concepts. The second amendment is your right to bear arms. Assuming you meant first amendment, that also has zero relevance here as it only applies to public places and entities. I also say this understanding there are different libel and defamation rules for statements about public vs. private persons. I respect where you are coming from and appreciate what you did with the banner, but you are talking entirely out of your *** about everything you just wrote.
So your telling me if the billboard wrote “pawn the TD rings for a real BOT! #fireBass&Epstein we can be sued for defamation of character? Come on man, any and every judge in America will through that BS case right out the door. It’s called our first amendment right and there is no defamation of character in that statement whats so ever! Yes I meant 1st, I’m a big 2nd amendment guy and always have that on the brain. I edited/changed it. Lol

Last edited:
I like both those, 2nd one made me lmao.

These just gave me the idea to try and embarrass both blake and manny simultaneously. Just taking a quick stab:

No head coaching search
If U don't care why should we?
fireblakejames.com
I like that last one 305. It hits all the points and most importantly has fire Blake James on it because he’s ultimately the man responsible for all of this! 👍

i say this with all Do respect my friend but we have the 1st amendment free speech on this country. Now I understand you can’t defame there character but we are fully within our rights to call them out for what has happened to canes football under there watch and calling for them to be fired for it. There is two BOT members that are directly responsible for where we are right now with Diaz, those Two are Bass and Epstein. Bass because she is the chair and Epstein because he is the most responsible as he is in bed with senior and is 100% the reason junior is now our head corch and both these people without a doubt need to be called out on the billboard for the derelict of duty with this program by having the jobs called for in a firing, not defamed. @305_separatist certain people like this two need be called out on this billboard, the times of playing nice are over. We need to of course call them out correctly within our second amendment rights and not defame but they must be called out nonetheless.
Blake james is a public figure. You can say whatever you want about him with no recourse.

View counter for this thread is now 8k views. If everyone who cared enough about The U to cruise through content on this site, cared enough to donate $2, I'd get this **** done sooooo quick in the best spot possible. As it stands this is a logistical challenge already with the variety of price points involved with the various option, and the fact that timing is everything with the open spots now especially during holiday season.
I think if we don't have the money by Friday we need to call the board out again. 2 **** days and 2800 ??? after FIU ??? The Bot and Hecht goons aren't the only one's who are complacent. Embarrassing.

Advertisement
Back