It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

Like where your heads at but not all these names are involved with the athletics aspect of it. For gods sake one is the student representative. Just because they’re a trustee doesn’t mean they all decide on all hiring decisions. Sure they have influence but I feel that it’s not necessary to call all these names considering we don’t know exactly what they all do. Isn’t Bernie Kosar still on the board?
Yeah man I'm not plugged into the politics of UM. I even said I just googled UofM BoT members and ran with it. I wanted something visual to throw out there.

Obviously someone in the know would need to vet the list of names and filter out those who don't need to be included. I saw Soffer in there somewhere and that family just threw millions at the IPF, wouldn't want to insult them either.

Again, just spitballing at this point.

Advertisement
I disagree that there is "nothing unique about a billboard", especially in this local situation. If you put my face on a billboard a few blocks from where I work, I'm going to take much more offense to it over seeing it in a magazine or the internet.

Don't get this twisted. This is about the OP possibly not feeling comfortable risking it with faces. I 100% support him and will still contribute to the cause. There is nothing more to it than that.

If you want to be the one who goes to the ad company to put your name behind the billboard, I will 100% support you and contribute as well.
Now you’re moving the goalposts just to argue. If the OP doesn’t want to use faces then he shouldn’t use them. He should only do what he’s comfortable doing.

I was responding merely to the fake legal hullabaloo that some of you were stirring up. The subjects of a billboard can be ****ed off just like the subjects of a scathing newspaper article can be ****ed off. Turning that anger into a VIABLE legal claim is quite another subject.

There are statutes in place to protect people against frivolous lawsuits. If a subject of a free speech proclamation decides to sue the orator/writer and doesn’t have a viable legal basis for that suit, then he could face significant financial sanctions.

I started this campaign after the original thread gauging interest received overwhelming support, and well over 3k views. If every single one of those readers donated just $2 to this effort, we would have more than enough to get it done.

Truth is simple banners aren't going to cut it anymore. I gave it several hours before checking the news today, and laughed that the most embarrassing loss in school history hasn't merited any firings. Blake James should have been shown the door immediately to get the party started at least, when you compound this loss with the way all the major athletic programs have performed in recent years.

It's time to take matters into our own hands, and give notice to the entire administration from the community that we think them a joke and a clown show. Clearly being beaten by the commuter school in Sweetwater wasn't embarrassing enough for them. So throw in your money, and throw in your billboard ideas. The one requirement is that it needs to target the school/administration as a whole, and not any one individual. There is plenty of stink to spread around. Bonus points for creative ways to embarrass the school as much as possible without getting me sued for defamation lmao.

Fundraising link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/us1-billboard-protest-um-administration

the attack needs to be directed at blake and strawley and the administration. the billboard is not the best forum to go after the coaching staff.

Yeah man I'm not plugged into the politics of UM. I even said I just googled UofM BoT members and ran with it. I wanted something visual to throw out there.

Obviously someone in the know would need to vet the list of names and filter out those who don't need to be included. I saw Soffer in there somewhere and that family just threw millions at the IPF, wouldn't want to insult them either.

Again, just spitballing at this point.
Great work. Yeah, a few innocent bystanders. I would leave Jackie Soffer out. Barbara Havenick (Hecht) would take a bullet for anyone on the football team - should take her out imo

Advertisement
Mention Blake, a couple other admins and maybe the main BOT guys (Fein?) Other than that keep it short, simple and to the point. We want change.

targeting the BOT is misguided. Blake hiring Manny without a search was actually kept from the board, with the exception of a few people. the ones that were out of the loop and actually care, are kind of ****ed.

Last edited:
Best bet is to keep it simple. Name the people the fans know—Fake and Manure. Call out the Board generally if you want. But to make a laundry list of names no one knows is pretty pointless, and too many words on a billboard is dumb.

I agree, it's also unnecessary risk for me. Fact is you can sue anybody for anything, and I've heard of many frivolous lawsuits that take years to get thrown out. Even if I were to win and have all the fees recouped, that would make my life a living nightmare, and these BOT guys are rich and well connected enough locally that they could do so if they wanted without a second thought if so inclined.

So far I'm leaning towards this:

U Should Be Ashamed
15 years. 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
UM 24 - 30 FIU
www.fireblakejames.com

Url can also be www.fireBlakeJamesThenMannyDiaz.com

Now you’re moving the goalposts just to argue. If the OP doesn’t want to use faces then he shouldn’t use them. He should only do what he’s comfortable doing.

I was responding merely to the fake legal hullabaloo that some of you were stirring up. The subjects of a billboard can be ****ed off just like the subjects of a scathing newspaper article can be ****ed off. Turning that anger into a VIABLE legal claim is quite another subject.

There are statutes in place to protect people against frivolous lawsuits. If a subject of a free speech proclamation decides to sue the orator/writer and doesn’t have a viable legal basis for that suit, then he could face significant financial sanctions.

Legal Hullabaloo? Not me, brother. The post you responded to me about had nothing to do with legality. I said I would imagine the BoTs would do anything to get it taken down if their name and face were on it, so make sure you get a picture of it. I imagine that if our BoT members wanted a Bilboard taken down in Coral Gables, that had one of their own mentioned it, that they could find a way.

You brought up the legal angle. Pretty sure I just agreed with you that defamation suits happen

Advertisement
Noted on not using Coral Gables shtick. Still think SI reference is too cute.

How about something like:

U Should Be Ashamed
15 years. 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
UM 24 - 30 FIU
www.fireblakejames.com

Shows the scale of the failure, while directly ****ing on blake still who is still the most immediately reachable target. Also much lower risk of me getting sued by some rich BOT member with a stick up their *** than if we throw up their names.
Absolutely do NOT reference the FIU game . This is about a decade of incompetence

I still think this thing should directly attack Blake and his chronies in the admin department. We want the BOT to listen, so not sure if calling them out is the right way but somebody convince me otherwise.

BOT guys aren't getting fired, Blake could.

Blake doesnt hire the coaches. The BOT decides who they want and he works the contracts.

Epstein and Diaz Daddy are VERY close as are a number of the BOT. THAT is how this clown got hired.

targeting the BOT is misguided. Blake hiring Manny without a search was actually kept from the board, with the exception of a few people. the ones that were out of the loop and actually care, a kind of ****ed.
Oh is that so?
1574799658425.gif

Absolutely do NOT reference the FIU game . This is about a decade of incompetence

I think the FIU game perfectly epitomizes the decade + of incompetence. One does not get to the point of losing to FIU overnight, and in addition to all the other stats, I think it's good to communicate that that game was the last straw for many.

Happy to leave a detail like that to a vote.

Advertisement
Great work. Yeah, a few innocent bystanders. I would leave Jackie Soffer out. Barbara Havenick (Hecht) would take a bullet for anyone on the football team - should take her out imo
A lot of innocent bystanders. The Havenick's, Williamson, Berens, Amos etc. I mean a lot of these people really really care about UM football and want to win. Not everyone there wants to run athletics into the ground.

Does Florida have SLAPP?

Double P.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the FIU game perfectly epitomizes the decade + of incompetence. One does not get to the point of losing to FIU overnight, and in addition to all the other stats, I think it's good to communicate that that game was the last straw for many.

Happy to leave a detail like that to a vote.

No. Stick to names. Clearly nothing happened after this game. We need to hold people accountable.

Advertisement
Back