It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

Took me 10 mins to whip this up using PPT, surely someone with graphic design or photoshop experience can make it look professional.

Again just spitballing but simplistic, embarrassing and a touch of personal is the way to go. The BOT isn't going to like having their names plastered on a billboard associated with the demise of miami football, and the nod to the old SI cover captures the level of despair the program currently finds itself in. University of Coral Gables is meant to hit home as you know these smug ******** look down on FIU.

Full disclosure I quickly googled UofM BoT members to find this list. Of course it can be modified and Jenn Strawley and other Hecht flunkies absolutely need to be listed as well. Just wanted to put an image with an idea.

View attachment 103259
I really like the idea of using the SI cover. I would keep it exactly as you have it though I would swap the names to the pathetic stats we've had since coming to the ACC.

Record vs ACC teams, Record vs P5 teams, Number of years we missed on a bowl game, Record in Bowl Games, Coastal divisions won, Number of BCS bowl games played in, amount of head coaches we've gone through, and maybe if in the 80's or worse I would include the average offensive ranking and average defensive ranking

End it with something like: Save the U, Fire Blake James

Advertisement
Awesome, at this stage what would probably be most helpful is low fidelity mocks of the trending ideas here. Nothing close to polished, just some help in visualizing how some of these can actually look like. In particular I mentioned and got a lot of likes for:

"The U is Dying" on a dark background, with names of the BOT surrounding it and a link to a website at the bottom. Now that I think about it the FIU score underneath that main text would also be appropriate.

Mention Blake, a couple other admins and maybe the main BOT guys (Fein?) Other than that keep it short, simple and to the point. We want change.

I like simple, simple is more scathing. Use this to kick off a social media campaign.

"Simple math:

30>24
0 ACC Titles
Etc...

#FireBlakeJames
#Don'tRenew "

Keep it simple.

Serious question... does The BOT even watch our football games??? Or do they follow the football team like I follow the UM women’s soccer team?? I’m getting a real disinterested and apathetic vibe from them. I understand that they are tasked with a lot of other responsibilities but who do the boosters ***** and moan to?

Advertisement
If you are going to use people's names, I would just make sure someone is there when it is revealed to get photos of it. I would imagine our BoTs are going to do whatever they can to take it down, especially with names and photos on it.

Not even sure if the billboard company would do it

If you want it to stay up longer, might want to think about no names or faces.

I like the names and faces, even if it means only being up for a day or two, but I will chip in either way
You guys are overthinking this. Putting someone’s name on a billboard is no different than writing an article with his name in it. As long as the message isn’t defamatory it’s fine.

If you want this to work it can’t be weak and feeble. And definitely post a link to a website full of facts.

These www.fire_____(coach’s real name).com billboards have been used all over the country. It’s a form of protected free speech.

Calling it University of Coral Gables is too broad. Focus on the athletic department.

Demanding action just allows Them to fire Diaz, Enos, or Baker to deflect blame. Make it clear the athletic department is the problem.

Don't insult. You'll only alienate potential supporters.

FOCUS ON THE ROOT CAUSE.
This.

Advertisement
You guys are overthinking this. Putting someone’s name on a billboard is no different than writing an article with his name in it. As long as the message isn’t defamatory it’s fine.

If you want this to work it can’t be weak and feeble. And definitely post a link to a website full of facts.

These www.fire_____(coach’s real name).com billboards have been used all over the country. It’s a form of protected free speech.

Just trying to help. Billboard defamation suits happen everyday.

The guy who put up this billboard was found guilty by a jury of defamation and was liable for $275 million. The guy on the left sued him along with two other guys who had similar photos put on billboards

AR-180609921 bilboard.jpg

Include 0 ACC titles, 1 division title, and 1 10 win season in the last 15 years.

Gotta show the problem is bigger than just replacing Diaz or coordinators.
This

It's more then just head coaches it's just this is who we are now. A regular team a bottom feeder with an occasional good season her and there

University of Coral Gables, SI quote, etc. should not be used. Most outside of this board wont know what it means.

Keep it simple and target the UNIVERSITY not just football program -- @Problem2 was onto something here. ****ed off alumni go a longer way than irrationally ****ed off football fans (in their minds).
You don't need to know the SI quote for the message to resonate. It works on its own. Aside from that, a majority of people who somewhat follow the program -- especially fans older than 30 -- will make the connection which I think is a nice touch.

Advertisement
Problem with the SI quote is people may interpret it as requesting to drop football. Keep it clear. People aren't too bright.

This can't be overstated. You see it in life everyday and it's represented on this board at times. Most people are stupid.

Make it clear and concise. "University of Miami', "Fire Blake James"........use direct terms

Advertisement
Noted on not using Coral Gables shtick. Still think SI reference is too cute.

How about something like:

U Should Be Ashamed
15 years. 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
UM 24 - 30 FIU
www.fireblakejames.com

Shows the scale of the failure, while directly ****ing on blake still who is still the most immediately reachable target. Also much lower risk of me getting sued by some rich BOT member with a stick up their *** than if we throw up their names.

Took me 10 mins to whip this up using PPT, surely someone with graphic design or photoshop experience can make it look professional.

Again just spitballing but simplistic, embarrassing and a touch of personal is the way to go. The BOT isn't going to like having their names plastered on a billboard associated with the demise of miami football, and the nod to the old SI cover captures the level of despair the program currently finds itself in. University of Coral Gables is meant to hit home as you know these smug ******** look down on FIU.

Full disclosure I quickly googled UofM BoT members to find this list. Of course it can be modified and Jenn Strawley and other Hecht flunkies absolutley need to be listed as well. Just wanted to put an image with an idea.

View attachment 103259

That's amazing. Good work

Noted on not using Coral Gables shtick. Still think SI reference is too cute.

How about something like:

U Should Be Ashamed
15 years. 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
UM 24 - 30 FIU
www.fireblakejames.com

Shows the scale of the failure, while directly ****ing on blake still who is still the most immediately reachable target. Also much lower risk of me getting sued by some rich BOT member with a stick up their *** than if we throw up their names.

No. You need to call out specific names of BOTs and admin.

Your SI Cover was not a bad start.

It needs to be about incompetence, apathy, lack of accountability and pointing at who is responsible.

Advertisement
Back