It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Took me 10 mins to whip this up using PPT, surely someone with graphic design or photoshop experience can make it look professional.

Again just spitballing but simplistic, embarrassing and a touch of personal is the way to go. The BOT isn't going to like having their names plastered on a billboard associated with the demise of miami football, and the nod to the old SI cover captures the level of despair the program currently finds itself in. University of Coral Gables is meant to hit home as you know these smug ******** look down on FIU.

Full disclosure I quickly googled UofM BoT members to find this list. Of course it can be modified and Jenn Strawley and other Hecht flunkies absolutley need to be listed as well. Just wanted to put an image with an idea.

UisDead.PNG.png

I still think this thing should directly attack Blake and his chronies in the admin department. We want the BOT to listen, so not sure if calling them out is the right way but somebody convince me otherwise.

BOT guys aren't getting fired, Blake could.
I think the point of contention with the BoT is that they're the ******** who keep making **** hires like James, and signed off on James **** decisions like hiring Manny when there were much better options available.

We know we're not getting anyone kicked off the BoT, but if we publicly embarrass them maybe it will spawn a course of action that leads to Blake's firing and the hiring of a new AD. Blake is the public whipping mule, but most people couldn't name a single BoT member, yet they're the puppet masters behind the football programs demise. Time to publicly call them out.

Advertisement
I donated and can't wait to see the final product, but in the meantime this thread is pure comedy. Keep the clever billboard ideas coming gents so I can keep smiling and laughing in these dark times.

Here's some more:

How about Donald Trump giving a "You're fired!" to Blake james?
"Blake James is the Whistleblower"
"Epstein Didn't Kill Himself But Blake James Should"
Trump Saying "Enos' FIU Gameplan Was Perfect"
"Quid Pro Quo: U Stop Sucking or WE Stop Supporting"

Calling it University of Coral Gables is too broad. Focus on the athletic department.

Demanding action just allows Them to fire Diaz, Enos, or Baker to deflect blame. Make it clear the athletic department is the problem.

Don't insult. You'll only alienate potential supporters.

FOCUS ON THE ROOT CAUSE.

I started this campaign after the original thread gauging interest received overwhelming support, and well over 3k views. If every single one of those readers donated just $2 to this effort, we would have more than enough to get it done.

Truth is simple banners aren't going to cut it anymore. I gave it several hours before checking the news today, and laughed that the most embarrassing loss in school history hasn't merited any firings. Blake James should have been shown the door immediately to get the party started at least, when you compound this loss with the way all the major athletic programs have performed in recent years.

It's time to take matters into our own hands, and give notice to the entire administration from the community that we think them a joke and a clown show. Clearly being beaten by the commuter school in Sweetwater wasn't embarrassing enough for them. So throw in your money, and throw in your billboard ideas. The one requirement is that it needs to target the school/administration as a whole, and not any one individual. There is plenty of stink to spread around. Bonus points for creative ways to embarrass the school as much as possible without getting me sued for defamation lmao.

Fundraising link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/us1-billboard-protest-um-administration
Donated and shared. Thanks for spearheading this.

This billboard definitely needs done after reading the miami herald article about Diaz returning. Also, Blake James needs to go as well as the rest of the Athletic Dept. Sadly, the BOT probably needs to be revamped but that will be much more difficult.

Advertisement
Took me 10 mins to whip this up using PPT, surely someone with graphic design or photoshop experience can make it look professional.

Again just spitballing but simplistic, embarrassing and a touch of personal is the way to go. The BOT isn't going to like having their names plastered on a billboard associated with the demise of miami football, and the nod to the old SI cover captures the level of despair the program currently finds itself in. University of Coral Gables is meant to hit home as you know these smug ******** look down on FIU.

Full disclosure I quickly googled UofM BoT members to find this list. Of course it can be modified and Jenn Strawley and other Hecht flunkies absolutley need to be listed as well. Just wanted to put an image with an idea.

View attachment 103259
Hate this with a passion. The Board is not going anywhere, and frankly, this is more likely to make them want to drop football, not invest in it.

Still available to design (also pitched in already)

Awesome, at this stage what would probably be most helpful is low fidelity mocks of the trending ideas here. Nothing close to polished, just some help in visualizing how some of these can actually look like. In particular I mentioned and got a lot of likes for:

"The U is Dying" on a dark background, with names of the BOT surrounding it and a link to a website at the bottom. Now that I think about it the FIU score underneath that main text would also be appropriate.

Last edited:
Something along these lines for the billboard:

"The University of Miami football program is dying and desperately needs a drastic culture change for the better. Start by firing and replacing AD Blake James and the entire athletic department in order to restore this once great football program back to prominence!"

Last edited:
Advertisement

View attachment 103259

Good effort, but I'm not a fan of the SI references. Also I think while including names is probably a good move, the central tag line should stand on its own for the casuals. Especially since IRL all those names are gonna be fairly hard to read if you're just cruising by.

Also I drove from Brickell to Dadeland last night on a scouting run, and by far the best spot with the greatest number of spots seemed to be on US1 and 37th, just a bit up the road from the school. South of it there actually really isn't much in the way of billboards. Got some numbers and company names so will be pursuing that after I''m wrapped up with work for the day.

Advertisement
Back