It's Official: Al Golden Historically Awful.

Your post sucks. Players drafted in 2011 were Randy Shannon's players and the 2015 season, of which you say we went 6-7, has not been played yet. We went 6-7 in 2014. Irrelevant post. Go Canes. See you guys at the stadium. This post BLOWS!

Don Bailey Jr ALERT.

Advertisement
Look at it this way to be even more amazed. Coaches at Miami are 100-10 in seasons where they produce at least 5 top 3 round draft picks.

Twice Al Golden has had teams put out that much talent. His record? 12-13.
Send that stat to Julio Frenkenstein. Even a selfie-taking, granny-looking, bean-eating soccer f@yg can grasp the complete repulsiveness of that stat.

The obnoxious part is that some will defend that stat with insinuations to the "Cloud." I don't remember the 90s, under a truly shackling probation period, having this tone. I feel like, for the most part, we produced at our talent level during that time and then began to turn the corner to do more with less at the end. Ultimately, Butch's 'more with less' elite status was in identification of talent.

Folden's still yapping about the fake cloud. He was crying about us being at 80 scholarships this year (even though the sanctions only required us to be at 84) because he could have used those 5 on some great RBs and WRs. So, of course, the lame f@qgits who worship Folden will continue to echo his cloud rhetoric.

Those 90s teams you referenced genuinely felt the effect of those 30 scholarship reductions. They were reductions from the 25 yearly max not the fake sanction Folden got where he could count them against the 85 total. We had guys like Popovich starting at Safety because we didn't have anyone else.

As you said, Butch's genius was evaluating HS talent. He didn't have the greatest luck always landing his top targets, but he was the best there ever was at identifying HS talent that would grow into incredible college talent.

And to keep that in perspective, when Butch arrived, there was a Sports Illustrated cover mentioning that maybe UM Football should be ended.

That had to be hard recruiting with all the crap the program went through the first few years. But the few he was able to bring in - were jewels.

I shudder to think if Butch had stayed.

Hopefully we can get Butch back - and this time he doesn't have to start 31 scholarships in the hole.

2011 draft is players from 2010... Coached by Randy Shannon... Orlando Franklin, Brandon Harris, Leonard bankers on, Demarcus vsn dyke, Allen Bailey never played for al golden.. . This post sucks

Advertisement
Your post sucks. Players drafted in 2011 were Randy Shannon's players and the 2015 season, of which you say we went 6-7, has not been played yet. We went 6-7 in 2014. Irrelevant post. Go Canes. See you guys at the stadium. This post BLOWS!

**** off douche. Irvin Mayas just won the playoff with another coach's players.

YOUR post sucks 2* NJ long-snapper ****.

Don Bailey Jr ALERT.

Lol your post blows too. See you Saturday

See yourself on saturday ...I'm not giving one more penny to this program until changes are made.

Let's go Bethune.

Advertisement

Go **** your dad in the ***

I didn't mean "See you Saturday" as in "Let's fight" dude. i meant it genuinely. Sorry if it was misinterpreted.

Biscuits and Canespimp, internet tough guys, I was pointing out that the OP is incorrect. He's pointing to 2011 draft (players from 2010, which was coached by Randy Shannon) as one of the drafts where Al Golden coached. Pointing out FACTS. I also listed the 5 players that went in the 2011 draft.

I didn't mean "See you Saturday" as in "Let's fight" dude. i meant it genuinely. Sorry if it was misinterpreted.

Biscuits and Canespimp, internet tough guys, I was pointing out that the OP is incorrect. He's pointing to 2011 draft (players from 2010, which was coached by Randy Shannon) as one of the drafts where Al Golden coached. Pointing out FACTS. I also listed the 5 players that went in the 2011 draft.

That doesn't change the FACT that Al Golden is a terrible coach who has swindled UM out of millions of dollars.

That one FACT doesn't overturn the entire post. The statistics are still pretty damning.

Advertisement
This g@ylord is right. I made a mistake. Fixed in OP.

So Shannon and Golden are the only two dopes to go 6-6 in the regular season with this much talent. Good company.

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

I hope you go directly to ****.

the 2010 team was 7-5 fwiw. 7-6 including the bowel game that FHEG pranced around at talking **** about the team being soft and not wanting to play. LOLOLOLOL

Advertisement
I mean this in the nicest way possible.

I hope you go directly to ****.

That's IT. You said it nicely. Now, have a beautiful day.

Firing Day is 88 away.

[video=youtube;wh-07BzfgYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh-07BzfgYY[/video]

Last season was only Miami's third losing record since 1980.

That's unbelievable. Three takeaways:

1. We've been solid for a long time.

2. Despite having great NFL talent, Al Golden immortalized himself with one of the worst seasons for Hurricanes football in modern history.

3. The absolute most startling stat that I discovered after this -- Miami had 5 draft picks selected in the first 3 rounds of this year's NFL draft. Here are the other times that happened, along with the Canes record for that season:

1986: 11-1
1987: 12-0
1989: 11-1
1992: 11-1
2000: 11-1
2001: 12-0
2002: 12-1
2003: 11-2
2005: 9-3
2010: 6-6 (Shannon)
2014: 6-7 (Golden)

*Source: NFL Draft: The Miami Hurricanes' all-time draft hisory | www.palmbeachpost.com

I needed something to pump me up about this upcoming season and decided to watch our last NC game against Nebraska again. A stat popped up and stated we led the nation with 48 takeaways for the season. The next closest team was 37.

Advertisement
Back