It's Official: Al Golden Historically Awful.

Advertisement
It gets even worse when you factor in how bad we lose when we do lose.

Consider this with OPs great info: Over the last 4 years, Golden's record is 28-19 with a winning % of .595.

We lost, on average, by a margin of 14.38 points per loss (2 ******* TDs!) and the cumulative winning % of those teams is a "robust" .686 - or roughly an 8-4 team.

So we lose big to teams that really aren't all that great and we lose even bigger to teams with winning % >.750 - 18 points per loss! Holy ****.

We have lost to 5 teams with sub .500 records, so more than one loss to a losing team per year. We have beat only 7 P5 opponents in 4 years with winning records, the best team being last year's Duke team at 9-4.

Even better, Al's record in the ACC is 16-16 with an average loss of 11.62 points per loss (2 scores) against a cumulative winning % of .630 - roughly a 7.5 win team. It's so bad it hurts.

That's why I cringe every time someone makes a statement like "We will beat Team X cuz they suck." We actually lose by about 9 points per game when we lost to teams under .500, so don't hold your breath. It's not like we are losing on last second field goals or big time shockers- we are getting our *** handed to us by over a TD per defeat. It's so depressing.

This is nothing but lies and false accusations. On this board, we only deal with facts. Math isn't facts.

Look at it this way to be even more amazed. Coaches at Miami are 100-10 in seasons where they produce at least 5 top 3 round draft picks.

Twice Al Golden has had teams put out that much talent. His record? 12-13.
Send that stat to Julio Frenkenstein. Even a selfie-taking, granny-looking, bean-eating soccer f@yg can grasp the complete repulsiveness of that stat.

The obnoxious part is that some will defend that stat with insinuations to the "Cloud." I don't remember the 90s, under a truly shackling probation period, having this tone. I feel like, for the most part, we produced at our talent level during that time and then began to turn the corner to do more with less at the end. Ultimately, Butch's 'more with less' elite status was in identification of talent.

Folden's still yapping about the fake cloud. He was crying about us being at 80 scholarships this year (even though the sanctions only required us to be at 84) because he could have used those 5 on some great RBs and WRs. So, of course, the lame f@qgits who worship Folden will continue to echo his cloud rhetoric.

Those 90s teams you referenced genuinely felt the effect of those 30 scholarship reductions. They were reductions from the 25 yearly max not the fake sanction Folden got where he could count them against the 85 total. We had guys like Popovich starting at Safety because we didn't have anyone else.

As you said, Butch's genius was evaluating HS talent. He didn't have the greatest luck always landing his top targets, but he was the best there ever was at identifying HS talent that would grow into incredible college talent.

this. you always knew with Butch that the athletes he recruited would one day turn into savages on the field. it was a given.

Al's 18-22 at Miami vs. teams in the Power 5 plus Notre Dame.

Hideously awful in any scenario, but even worse when you consider we're in the bottom of the barrel ACC Coastal.

Last edited:
3 Major bowl games 0-3. Winning PCT .495. How this guy is a HC is beyond me. This dude has a bigger playbook of excuses then football plays in itself, and looks for credit were credit isn't due, but people still choose to defend this S.O.B/ Man C'mon. How the *** you gonna say "we went from 90th overall total defense to 15" M.F you got us to 90th overall defense in the first place, ******* acts like pace of play didn't have something to do with it. How the **** you going to play in Miami and be ranked 111th in pace of play, it's not to win games mane, bcus those MIamii boys slapped them semilhoes in the mouth with that fast start last season, and how did that work out in the first half? Golden supporters don't remember.. Let me refresh y'all memories. 23-10 Canes up in the half. This ******* didn't even have 2 adjust, just let the boys play the game they have been play and we are good, but what does he do??? Slows the **** down.. We loose... Alright it's all good. Dude made a mistake, right? GO back look at the film see what worked... I see what worked, you see it, the analyst see it, the players see it, the opponents see it, and guess what the M.F probably saw it to.. But what does he do? Keeps running he same lame *** defense trying not to get beat deep, slowing **** down only to our asses handed 2 in the end of the season.. His fault .. "“We had our heart broken in the FSU game and did not recover.” Nah man.. He lost that game, and manipulated the stats to keep his sorry *** as head coach, and keep his butt buddy D cord.

Gotta stop drinking that Kool-AID. I see we practicing with a 4-3 D, I'm thinking "positive" .. holy **** it's going to be Chad Thomas and AQM.. Only to find out AQM with the scout team. Da ***? "can it be he ain't good enough" Type of **** some of our so called fans be saying, and then say I ain't a fan bcus I ain't "positive enough" I stay in the quiet, sit back and observe. This dude was out a whole year, had the chance to leave.. Didn't.. Came back to play for the U, and be the guy Golden raved about to provide that pressure we so desperately needed.. But now Goldie locks says he ain't good, so ya'll agree maybe he ain't good enough.. He ain't "buying in", he ain't fat enough w.e the *** Golden excuse you wanna use, and there goes AQM

I hope I am wrong every year, and every year it's the same **** with believe it or not better talent.. He isn't historically bad.. He is this worst CF HC in the history of CF period who cares more about his selfish self, and butt buddy DEF. cord. // It's to the point were idc if BBB.. Bring anyone else.. **** it.

Even the hood doesn't buy Golden's lies. Great post.

Advertisement
Golden manage to regress at Temple and still convinced Miami to hire him

2009: 9-4 overall, 7-1 in Mac
2010: 8-4 overall, 5-3 in Mac

Dude is 0-3 in bowls and has a 55-56 overall record.

Bruh...glad someone brought this up...he was downtrending before he took the gig here and somehow crept threw. I peeped that too.

Advertisement
"Well. You know. If I had four more scholarships I could have missed out on four more highly touted recruits at skill positions. But because I didn't have them we aren't that deep at WR."

Golden manage to regress at Temple and still convinced Miami to hire him

2009: 9-4 overall, 7-1 in Mac
2010: 8-4 overall, 5-3 in Mac

Dude is 0-3 in bowls and has a 55-56 overall record.

hiring a coach that never won a bowl or never pulled an upset win should have been obvious signs that he couldn't coach.

This!!
We can only hope they look a things like this when the time comes.

It gets even worse when you factor in how bad we lose when we do lose.

Consider this with OPs great info: Over the last 4 years, Golden's record is 28-19 with a winning % of .595.

We lost, on average, by a margin of 14.38 points per loss (2 ****ing TDs!) and the cumulative winning % of those teams is a "robust" .686 - or roughly an 8-4 team.

So we lose big to teams that really aren't all that great and we lose even bigger to teams with winning % >.750 - 18 points per loss! Holy ****.

We have lost to 5 teams with sub .500 records, so more than one loss to a losing team per year. We have beat only 7 P5 opponents in 4 years with winning records, the best team being last year's Duke team at 9-4.

Even better, Al's record in the ACC is 16-16 with an average loss of 11.62 points per loss (2 scores) against a cumulative winning % of .630 - roughly a 7.5 win team. It's so bad it hurts.

That's why I cringe every time someone makes a statement like "We will beat Team X cuz they suck." We actually lose by about 9 points per game when we lost to teams under .500, so don't hold your breath. It's not like we are losing on last second field goals or big time shockers- we are getting our *** handed to us by over a TD per defeat. It's so depressing.

Unbelieveable.

there are no fans on this thread...only *****!ng babies. Where is brock, DK aguante, and the rest of the super fan league?

Facts deter men who suck golden cak

Advertisement
3-17 when trailing at halftime
Finished 122nd in the nation in defense in 2011? WORST in the history of the program. Kept the DC. No changes in scheme.

3-17 when trailing at halftime
Finished 122nd in the nation in defense in 2011? WORST in the history of the program. Kept the DC. No changes in scheme.

That the administration kept HIM is the bigger surprise....homeboy lost SEVEN games in his FOURTH full year as head coach.

Mind ******* boggling.

Advertisement
Last season was only Miami's third losing record since 1980.

That's unbelievable. Three takeaways:

1. We've been solid for a long time.

2. Despite having great NFL talent, Al Golden immortalized himself with one of the worst seasons for Hurricanes football in modern history.

3. The absolute most startling stat that I discovered after this -- Miami had 5 draft picks selected in the first 3 rounds of this year's NFL draft. Here are the other times that happened, along with the Canes record for that season:

1986: 11-1
1987: 12-0
1989: 11-1
1992: 11-1
2000: 11-1
2001: 12-0
2002: 12-1
2003: 11-2
2005: 9-3
2011: 6-6 (Golden)
2015: 6-7 (Golden)

4. Look at it this way to be even more amazed. Coaches at Miami are 100-10 in seasons where they produce at least 5 top 3 round draft picks.

Twice Al Golden has had teams put out that much talent. His record? 12-13.

*Source: NFL Draft: The Miami Hurricanes' all-time draft hisory | www.palmbeachpost.com

Dude even ****** sourced his ****. Meanwhile, people make up crap about AQM being similar to a guy who is the size of a high school linebacker from Wisconsin in order to justify his being on the scout team.

Last edited:
What are you guys talking about. GOLDEN had all that talent those two years yes but they were ME guys. Its not his fault

Your post sucks. Players drafted in 2011 were Randy Shannon's players and the 2015 season, of which you say we went 6-7, has not been played yet. We went 6-7 in 2014. Irrelevant post. Go Canes. See you guys at the stadium. This post BLOWS!

Can't wait till the Miami Herald gets a hold of these CIS found true stats.. Golden gonna have a really tough year.

Advertisement
Back