It's not going to happen

Undefeated?
We beat BC and barely beat CM.
Lost to VT and NC and Gaytors.
You guys crack me up.

If you feel undefeated, you are undefeated. You are what you feel like, just like gender. Reality is passe.

Advertisement
I just wanna say one thing: this staph stinks.

Diaf - learning on the yob
Enos - QB coach is his ceiling
Hickson - no complaints
Stubbs - not doing a horrible job
Field - was not a coach at his last stop
Barry - was an OL coach for 1 season prior
Baker - still very young, slapdick
Stroud - strength coach
Banda - bartender on a cruise ship
Patke - analyst
Rumph - HS coach

Respect it.

Club looks might 5-7 like as I’ve posted in other threads.

Just here’s hoping they pulls some magic tricks outta their *** to do it.

It’s already going to be difficult to get recruits to buy into this thing. Definitely tougher if we are 5-7. Plus we are stuck with Manny for 2-3 years.

I absolutely do NOT think Manny Diaz is our guy. I don’t think 2-10 this year would get him out of here. Therefore I’m hoping he does something with where we are.

Absolutely right about the poorly coached units and highly penalized football games we’ve been watching. It’s bad bad football all around right now.

We need something. Hopefully some personnel changes and coaching assignment changes that Manny has hinted at pan out.

I’m already completely on the fire Diaz wagon but if we stuck with dude then I might as well hope he does enough to repair the damage this season and get rid of all the inexperienced coaches on offense and defense for a real staff to surround him in the offseason.

Saban surrounds himself with former HCs and I’m sure they also serve good counsel for him. There are going to be some former HCs let go this season that we can you use. Muschamp, Charlie strong, real OL Coaches, WR coaches and like who in the fucc is our RB coach 😂.

I’m mad frustrated with this club right now. Just hoping we pull a miracle.

Have a little faith and KEEP HOPE ALIVE! Because yes, miracles do happen in sports.

Just a few sports miracles to keep in mind.

1. 1950 World Cup, USA men's soccer team upsets England. Odds of that happening; 500-to-1.

2. Jack Nicklaus wins the Masters at the age of 46. Nicklaus was given absolutely NO CHANCE to win the 1986 Masters!

3. The DIMINUTIVE Doug Flutie's Hail Mary Pass. LMFAO I thought U doubting Cane's would love this one. LOL

2. North Carolina St. wins the 1983 NCAA national championship game. The Wolfpack were ONE of the last teams to make the field and were given NO CHANCE to make the Final 4. Let alone win the NC.

1. THE MIRACLE ON ICE! The USA wins the Gold Medal in the 1980 Winter Olympics. The Soviets were said to be UNBEATABLE with a team STACKED with professional hockey players.

Hickson - no complaints
Stroud - strength coach
Patke - analyst
Rumph - HS coach

That's the understatement of the ages. LMFAO

Advertisement
The team has been in position to win every game so far, so clearly the talent is there.

In every game so far—outside of Florida, haven't sniffed a quality opponent—and if the Gators / Canes played tomorrow, zero reason to believe Miami is anywhere near in it. That opener was a preseason game with two sloppy-*** teams. Gators have gotten better since then, Canes have regressed.

The "talent" is there to be a mid-level ACC team right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

JV-level offense line. Quarterback "controversy" as one guy is still too green and other is getting first crack (mid-season) to show he's not last year's deer-in-headlights guy.

Defense took a huge step backwards losing Jaquan, Redwine, M-Jackson, Willis and J-Jackson—everyone screaming that Baker sucks, ignoring five key starters, and a few important leaders are gone. (Maybe Baker sucks, maybe he doesn't—but everyone keeps ignoring the amount of talent lost on that side of the ball.)

The schedule is hardly Murder's Row down the stretch, but Virginia, at Pitt, at Florida State, Louisville and at Duke are no cakewalk based on the current team Miami is fielding.

In every game so far—outside of Florida, haven't sniffed a quality opponent—and if the Gators / Canes played tomorrow, zero reason to believe Miami is anywhere near in it. That opener was a preseason game with two sloppy-*** teams. Gators have gotten better since then, Canes have regressed.

The "talent" is there to be a mid-level ACC team right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

JV-level offense line. Quarterback "controversy" as one guy is still too green and other is getting first crack (mid-season) to show he's not last year's deer-in-headlights guy.

Defense took a huge step backwards losing Jaquan, Redwine, M-Jackson, Willis and J-Jackson—everyone screaming that Baker sucks, ignoring five key starters, and a few important leaders are gone. (Maybe Baker sucks, maybe he doesn't—but everyone keeps ignoring the amount of talent lost on that side of the ball.)

The schedule is hardly Murder's Row down the stretch, but Virginia, at Pitt, at Florida State, Louisville and at Duke are no cakewalk based on the current team Miami is fielding.

But you failed to mention mighty Pittsburgh on the road.

Oh. And one more notion. Given the fact that the Hurricanes lost five starters on defense, that's NO EXCUSE for Carolina Blue to convert a MILE and three feet FOURTH DOWN! And it's certainly no excuse for VA. TECH to move the ball 67 yards in FIVE PLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yes, Baker DOES SUCK as defensive coordinator. And if the defense doesn't drastically improve as the season progresses. He should BE FIRED at the conclusion of the season. Seeing that U and your Cane brothers are already GIVING UP ON THE SEASON. DuH

Hickson - no complaints
Stroud - strength coach
Patke - analyst
Rumph - HS coach

makes me laugh every time. Lmao

I'm 6 numbers shy of being a multimillionaire.
you too. there something in the water my friend...only thing that explains our inability to win the lottery by 6 numbers and our inability to win games.

Advertisement
So you're telling me that a 7 game win streak against our remaining schedule would bring 0 optimism to year 2 of the program? Because I'm trying to find the team on our schedule that we won't be favored against despite the fact that we're 0-3 against P5 this year.
And I'm trying to find a second team we weren't favored against, because we're 2-3. We've lost to 2 teams we shouldn't have already, so...

Hickson - no complaints
Stroud - strength coach
Patke - analyst
Rumph - HS coach
AOC and Banda should open up a bar called Fraud.

It's not just the coaches though. The coaches are failing off the field, but the players are failing on it. The players are the ones missing blocks and dropping passes and committing penalties. Maybe that's on the coaches as well, but doesn't it seem like the players should spend less time sitting back waiting for the coaching to get better? Like maybe do your work and focus so you can make your blocks. Maybe concentrate so you don't jump offsides or lose your man in coverage.

All of that speaks more to talent than it does coaching.

Could another scheme on both sides of the ball do more, certainly. That and a player just ******** up.

OL is taught to block. They're young and horrible at it. Half of the time they don't even lay a hand on someone. They're as untalented a bunch as I ever recall seeing.

JW, those are on him. Coaches give you routes and if the pass isn't there, move into the next guy, run with it, or throw it away. Late balls and errant passes are a QB mistake.

Kicking, Baxa, those are on him. We have an issie here, but did he suddenly forget everything he was able to do last year?

LB overpursuit, again on them. We didn't cover 29 last week and he had a career day.

Corners, they're going to get beat. Even the best QB's get beat. Our best Bandy has given up some bad ones. He could've used help, but that's football and if you're going to be the number one CB, you gotta step up more than he has.

Attention to detail, maybe they lack some. That would be on the coaches. It would help more though if we had more talent.

Advertisement
This team isn't going to wake up and start to perform. They aren't going to turn a corner. The team we've seen is the team we've got.

I keep seeing people talk about how the upcoming game will tell us what the team is about, but that's bullsht. We know what their about, they've shown it for 5 games. They have no intensity or leadership. They can execute sometimes, but not all the time. They are mistake prone. They talk but don't do. And worst of all, they don't seem to mind
so much.

So at least for this season, that's who we've got, let's stop acting like this is all a gag and the real team will show up any minute now. They won't. They can't because they're already here.

You Sir are Spot On, our record will be 4-8 or 5-7, this team has zero fire in them just watch the O-Line

Advertisement
If you feel undefeated, you are undefeated. You are what you feel like, just like gender. Reality is passe.
728b986385fa43def93789d8f3b548f6.jpg

Advertisement
Back