Its not an OLD OFFENSE

Advertisement
Ryan Leaf.

Don’t need a rocket scientist at QB to run a competent offense.

Any more bullish!t arguments need dispelling?
I called someone dumb and you listed people smarter than him in an effort to refute my point.

I called someone dumb and you listed people smarter than him in an effort to refute my point.

Got it. You’ve set the bar at snail level.

I suppose the coach shouldn’t be held accountable for recruiting a player so dumb?

Enjoy your day, I can’t waste any more of my time arguing such nonsense.

And? They ran for almost 300 yards.
Cause we didn't run his typical offense. We had to spread things out due to tight end injuries. The running game opened up cause we spread their defense out. With Richt's preferred setup, teams can stack the box and snuff the run. They couldn't do that in the spread. They had to cover our speedsters. This meant Homer and Dallas only had to skirt past the front line and they were essentially in the secondary. Most of our rushing was on three plays. If we run the spread offense full time, we will see this open up. Of course, we won't end up doing that with Richt.

Advertisement
Bull****. It is an outdated offense which layers archaic and outdated route concepts onto top of a sissified and pussified attempt at RPO. The concepts can all be found on Playstation 2. That's just the passing game.

As for the running game, that too is an outdated and arcahic in this era of college football. Look no farther than what Houston has done to create a running game. Watch the motion O'Brien creates to disguise the TE as the lead blocker on Watson's first TD run. And before anyone says NFL, NFL, if you want to be really sick, watch Mullen @ UF manufacture a run game with very similar concepts, and then come back to a play action pass with Felipe Fuggin' Franks.

Don't be blinded by the pistol formation or weak RPOs, this is not a modern offense. It's been dissected and called out across the college football landscape.

Post after post on here talks about Richt is stuck in the past and his offense of old will not work in today's game. WE DO NOT RUN A 90's power I run game!!!!!!!! We run an RPO offense which is "new aged" we just run it poorly and it is taught poorly. I actually think if he ran what he knows, the old school Georgia stuff we would be more successful than this hybrid of old and new.

Give your great-great grandpa a new IPhone, and see how he does with it.

Advertisement
Offense may be this or the other, but with very little effort anyone can replay a dozen gigantic, game changing plays that didn't happen because of drops, bad throws and incorrect routes run.

With better QB play and more experience at TE and WR this offense will be good enough to win the games we lost this season, even if there isn't much change.

The real problem is it will never be good to score the points we will need to compete with juggernauts like Clemson, Bama and OSU.
The o is a mess from top to bottom. It needs an *****. Followed by a couple strategic amputations, then a douching.

Jamies Winston.

Jamies has a very high level of intellect........

CarelessTautEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Post after post on here talks about Richt is stuck in the past and his offense of old will not work in today's game. WE DO NOT RUN A 90's power I run game!!!!!!!! We run an RPO offense which is "new aged" we just run it poorly and it is taught poorly. I actually think if he ran what he knows, the old school Georgia stuff we would be more successful than this hybrid of old and new.

Some of that is accurate, but even in the RPO set, he is still play calling for a different OL that he simply does not have here.

Dude was just too enamored with how great Deshaun Watson became and how he missed out on him versus making the obvious recognition that he can't just get the player without the know how to utilize the skill set.

If Richt could compete in recruiting the top OL in the game, his play calling would look a lot better...all that said, his OL should be much better than it is.

True it's like the original tecmo bowl with 4 plays
The main issue is poor play designs, lack of situational awareness and a shtty tendency to call the same plays over and over
Besides, CMR said “they’ve been working for the last 30 years,” why not ask him?

Advertisement
Back