It's been 60 days since Miami was embarrassed by Pitt...

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
...and Al Golden still has a job.

This is my new countdown thread, which I guess is really a countup thread. In it I will post random pics of our husky-framed coach every day, as well as shoops that I deem to be too funny not to be shared with Al Gore's Internet.

jCUQPjl.jpg

http://www.tickcounter.com/countup/20141129090000am/w252/Days_Since_Miami_Was_Embarrassed_By_Pitt

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dan ain't gonna stop till he gets his man. ****** should have access to the Hect so he can stalk around and circle the count up days on James' and Troll's office windows in dry erase marker.

zero-dark-Thirty-30-entertainment-news-Jessica-Chastain-719462581.jpg

Advertisement
I REALLY wanted Al to be the coach that led us back to the Golden years, especially after what he did for Malcolm Lewis when he got hurt. But being a great guy doesn't make you a great coach. My question is, has he ever fired one of his assistants? Even during his Temple tenure?

I REALLY wanted Al to be the coach that led us back to the Golden years, especially after what he did for Malcolm Lewis when he got hurt. But being a great guy doesn't make you a great coach. My question is, has he ever fired one of his assistants? Even during his Temple tenure?

Who gives a ****. Bear Bryant would fail under his coaching umbrella.

Advertisement
Dan ain't gonna stop till he gets his man. ****** should have access to the Hect so he can stalk around and circle the count up days on James' and Troll's office windows in dry erase marker.

I'm not carrying any kind of torch or battle flag in this regard. I used to openly mock people who **** on him, and I'm hardly the 1st person to say he sucks. My bitterness fermented over time mostly because I started receiving the same kind of BS I was dishing out when I defended him. Not from anyone here, but people from other sites. Also, the typical condescending statements our beat writers make about the fanbase whenever we question the job performance of the coach of our favorite team. If anything I'm a hypocrite.

I REALLY wanted Al to be the coach that led us back to the Golden years, especially after what he did for Malcolm Lewis when he got hurt...

Me too. I was in love with the guy. I'm not the stereotypical "Fahr thuh coach" type of sports fan. I didn't have doubts about Coker until the Clemson loss in '04, and didn't completely come around on him having to go until Louisville '06. I just didn't want it to be true and rationalized stuff away (53-9!). The same thing with Randy, which hurt more because he was a former player who everyone knew loved his alma mater. Even with my favorite NHL team, I was one of the few Penguins fans that didn't want my boy Bylsma fired. But everyone knew he had to go in the end. We are at that point again with Golden...everyone except the people with power/influence.

The case of Al Golden is different than any of those coaches of any of my favorite teams, and that's what makes the disappointment hurt more. Malcolm X said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV7yx2y3TtY

Last edited:
will revisit in 364 days....
If in those 364 days Al Golden ends up proving us all wrong, I'll tell decleated or Andrew to change my username to Giant *******.

he wont.

4 years is plenty enough to see what you got.

a 6-9 win guy. period.

if he wins 9 next year will people say "oh he went from six to nine". he already did that and regressed. so now he deserves another.

dark times for the canes.

Advertisement
Will have 8-10 players drafted.

Loses last two games by a combined 29 points to 4-6 UVA and 5-6 Pittsburgh.

6-6 in his 4th season. Still employed.

Miami might as well mail us all bags of shlt to physically show just how much they care about winning.

Advertisement
Who has a gif of that Pitt kid making the eating gesture on the sidelines during the game. That alone should get Golden canned. No kid from Pitt should ever be doing that against a Miami D, unless he has a concussion and has no idea what he's doing. Fired.

We had the

#1 QB in the ACC
#1 RB in the ACC
#1 TE in the Country
#1 LB in the ACC

6 losses.

Why do they keep pointing to the NCAA mess? They were still able to collect more NFL talent than BAMA and managed to finish in the bottom of the division.

The evaluation process HAS to be more thorough than what theyre telling the local media

No press conference. No Joe Rose appearance. No coordinators fired yet. These are all positive signs imo

Advertisement
Back