"It's because they win and attract them....."

Here's where I have always had a problem accepting the bags of cash reason for losing a kid. In one phrase. If you get caught your school is in deep yogurt. If I were to break the rules am I going to trust your poor uneducated example to keep his/her mouth shut? What if the kid or his mom gets upset with the school? What if Mom (Or the kid) calls coach and says "I'm not playing enough. Play me or I sing." Does it happen? Yes but very selectively in my opinion. Not as a motis operande.

Advertisement
50.gif

Oh my god I'm laughing my *** off

Two follow ups:

1) would you trade Miami's perceived level of QB for a top-tier DL?

2) which conference has won 7 straight NCs with "game managers" at the helm and the gold standard on the defensive line?

It's faulty deconstruction to say "they couldn't get elite QBs so they defaulted to winning national championships by backing into elite DTs".

1) That's irrelevant to our discussion seeing as Miami hasn't had that level of QB

2) You're missing the point. Why do they have the gold standard along the defensive line and presumably everywhere else, but don't seem to get the cream of the crop when it comes to QB's? You don't see the disparity there? I don't think this issue has very much at all to do with National Championships.

It's a simple question. Why are they more effective in recruiting the top corners, WR's, linebackers, and linemen, while settling for game managers/dual threats at the QB position?

I don't think the class distinction as you move throughout the positions is a coincidence at all.

This......

The idea that any coach wouldn't want an elite, high IQ pro-style QB is idiocy. THE REASON COLLEGE TEAMS DON'T ALL RUN PRO SYSTEMS IS BC OF THE RARITY OF ELITE QB ABLE TO RUN IT.

And those QBs end up distributed evenly throughout the conferences, indicating no SEC lean.

They (SEC) attract top talent because they wear their pants above the knees......now that's a solid theory

The idea that any coach wouldn't want an elite, high IQ pro-style QB is idiocy. THE REASON COLLEGE TEAMS DON'T ALL RUN PRO SYSTEMS IS BC OF THE RARITY OF ELITE QB ABLE TO RUN IT.

Cam Newton and Vince Young, both of whom have won titles in the past ten years, think this thread is laughably idiotic.

Colin Kapernick does too.

Advertisement
I think part of the reason that the great QBs end up spread out throughout all the conferences is the fact that it's one of, if not the only, position that SEC country doesn't produce spades of top tier talent. Obviously there are good QBs produced in the Southeast, but states like Texas, California, and Virginia have produced top tier QB with more frequency.

The SEC has proven they can recruit nationally, but it's definitely harder to tear away the top QBs when you're going against the premier local schools of those respective states. Especially when there are fewer top QBs than most other positions.

There's definitely several other factors at play, though.

Advertisement
Back