It's all about the X's & O's...

Advertisement
Look at most of the top 30 teams in Total Offense, Oklahoma, Wash St, Arizona, LSU, Utah St, UCF, Bama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Ok St, Oh St, SMU, Baylor, Texas, Memphis & Boise St, what do they ALL have in common... SCHEME, TEMPO (PACE) & SPACING.
Yet none of those teams are true competitors. Why? Because your defense is out there for the entire game and they eventually get gassed up.

Right there with you, El

Manny hired Enos because that’s the type of offenses that give our defense fits. Wrong criteria in hiring an offensive coordinator.
Yikes, should have seen that sh*t coming, spread offenses haven’t really hurt his defenses the last couple of years it’s been the ones with a Power run game... Diaz is a politician son through and through smfh

I don't think it even has to be a air raid system. I had my hopes up when the fedora rumors were out there. I liked the spread he ran at unc because it was up-tempo but it was still balanced. He ran the ball and used the TEs when they had them.

I think his offense would have been perfect here and he has had some disciples that have went on and had good offenses.

Lincoln Riley and Bill Bedenbaugh were Leach disciples and took the Air Raid and added a power run element to it because Oklahoma had good RBs. Worked out pretty well for them. We're not getting Riley, but Bedenbaugh has said many times he is looking for a chance to be a playcalling OC.

Advertisement
Mike Gundy is a good coach. You better pray FSU doesnt hire him after Taggart.

I just hope FSU doesn't get Kendal Briles. And I definitely don't want FIU to get Butch Davis. Talk about losing the recruiting battle in Dade.

Advertisement
I strongly disagree. Air raid offenses lead to tired out and gassed defenses. I think you need to find a balance. I like what we are trying to do we just dont have the line for it rn.
If we cut out the sh*t that doesn’t work like the fullback, bunch formations etc and create more spacing by spreading the receivers out and operating MORE out of shotgun this offense can be **** good. But if we keep trying to force the play action with the fullback in there on 3rd and long etc we will be horrible. Hopefully they adjust and adapt to our offense strengths. People been throwing all year on central Michigan yet we try to come out and establish the run after the first drive and it back fires. Continue to do what’s working, stop trying to force the run game, we aren’t dominant there yet.

@Dwinstitles I was on the phone last night with 2 Former UM players (who'll remain nameless)...(and not @dsddcane ) who told me UM has 4 assistant coaches who have Absolutely No business coaching at UM....
I'll take their word over anybody on this site..(excluding @dsddcane) take it for what its worth.
You don’t have to talk to former players to know that. It’s obvious that this team is poorly coached.

El: spot on. My absolute last breath of hope with the staff To salvage the season is to do what you say during this week. The time is perfect - do it now during the bye week and reset for the rest of the schedule. Next game will tell us a lot about our staff (I know they’ve already shown what they are (in)capable of). If they bring out the same tired formations, we will lose 5-6. If they go to a spread attack, anything can happen

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back