It's about time

brock

All-American
We have to pull our weight now. We got what we wanted a vastly improved coaching staff and a great head coach. Everything is set in place. We have to do our part now.... Got to pack sunlife and create that atmosphere that everyone else has. It shouldn't be hard this year with the upgrades to the stadium as well as the capacity of the stadium being approximately 10000 seats less. Having a packed stadium will help the players be more amped to play the game and create a hostile environment for the opponents. Let's go canes. In this past season alone we have seen the canes basketball program ranked in the top 10.... The canes baseball ranked #1 RIGHT NOW, now the canes football program needs to get back to being elite and being in the top 10 this year... We have enough talent to do that and a a great qb who has been paired probably with the most accomplished qb coach in the past 20 plus years or so considering who he has coached. It also helps that all richt do is win... In 15 seasons he has only had less than 9 wins in only 4 seasons with 3 of those being 8 win seasons. He has over 9 seasons having.10 plus wins.... Let's get it done folks. Why not us?

Advertisement
We got a sleeper team for sure. We're going to win a game or two off the strength of brad and richt alone.

We underestimate this team, as fans.

I'm doubtful people will pack the stadium to start the year ... But a vocal 45K in the stands to support the "New Richt Era" will go a long way toward setting the tone for the season!

I can't wait to come down for the Duke game to end the season! I'll be curious to see the energy in the stadium, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the upgrades!

We have to pull our weight now. We got what we wanted a vastly improved coaching staff and a great head coach. Everything is set in place. We have to do our part now.... Got to pack sunlife and create that atmosphere that everyone else has. It shouldn't be hard this year with the upgrades to the stadium as well as the capacity of the stadium being approximately 10000 seats less. Having a packed stadium will help the players be more amped to play the game and create a hostile environment for the opponents. Let's go canes. In this past season alone we have seen the canes basketball program ranked in the top 10.... The canes baseball ranked #1 RIGHT NOW, now the canes football program needs to get back to being elite and being in the top 10 this year... We have enough talent to do that and a a great qb who has been paired probably with the most accomplished qb coach in the past 20 plus years or so considering who he has coached. It also helps that all richt do is win... In 15 seasons he has only had less than 9 wins in only 4 seasons with 3 of those being 8 win seasons. He has over 9 seasons having.10 plus wins.... Let's get it done folks. Why not us?

GOOD JOB!!! +1000

felt like there were A LOT more people at the spring game than the last SEVERAL years

If thats any indication, and it might not be, we have a good buzz going that should lead to a few more people in the seats the first few games

Advertisement
felt like there were A LOT more people at the spring game than the last SEVERAL years

If thats any indication, and it might not be, we have a good buzz going that should lead to a few more people in the seats the first few games

Lockhart only holds 20k.....had to be 13k+... Looked like a great atmosphere on TV.

Last edited:
I like Mark a lot but he was not my choice. He and staff are light-years beyond Al and dummies, but not the same fire Butch would have brought. I do expect Mark to bet FSU and win coastal, so it is not that I think he is not a good coach. If fact, he was probably way more than we would have gotten otherwise. I have to wait to see team play. Need to see the fire in them to measure Mark's. Remember, ole St Bobby was "nice guy" and we used and abused him for years. I hope Mark left that nice thing back in GA.

Lockhart only holds 20k.....had to be 13k+... Looked like a great atmosphere on TV....how many do think attended?

I was at the game and it was definitely more people there than last year. They said it was around 15,000 in attendance. Great atmosphere though except for the couple of idiots that showed up in Fsu gear.

Advertisement
I'd expect an uptick in ticket sales based solely on the new staff. However, 90% of the people who didn't go to games last year because "Golden is still the coach" will still not go to games this year. If the team gets hot and starts winning big, the bandwagon crowd will start showing up to games besides FSU. Until then, we're still looking at around 40-45 thousand fans at (non-FSU) home games.

I'd expect an uptick in ticket sales based solely on the new staff. However, 90% of the people who didn't go to games last year because "Golden is still the coach" will still not go to games this year. If the team gets hot and starts winning big, the bandwagon crowd will start showing up to games besides FSU. Until then, we're still looking at around 40-45 thousand fans at (non-FSU) home games.

Agreed. Did anyone watch the Heat game? Empty seats all over the place. Miami = Bandwagon, USA

I think they announced 6000 new season ticket sales since the hiring of Mark richt which is **** good

Agreed. Did anyone watch the Heat game? Empty seats all over the place. Miami = Bandwagon, USA
It was packed for the most part... It only started to look a little empty in the lower bowl once the game was out of hand and a couple of minutes left in the 4th qtr

Advertisement
As long as we can get 45k we are doing great. I don't care what they announced as attendance the last couple years, but there were plenty of games where there weren't more than 15k actual bodies in seats.

A university the size of UM in a major metro area with more to do than counting flies on cow **** shouldn't expect to draw 70k every week. It's unrealistic.

45k for non-FSU games is **** good

This is the problem with people and the national media they always go by what they see on TV. I was at the Heat game yesterday and that place was sold out completely, people started leaving towards the middle of the 4th when the game was out of hand but again people always have an agenda against Miami

Advertisement
Around 45-50k for non-FSU (or other big games) of actual butts in seats would be fantastic. This is south Florida. Most intelligent people understand the unique dynamics of this market as it pertains to college football.

Lockhart only holds 20k.....had to be 13k+... Looked like a great atmosphere on TV....how many do think attended?

I was at the game and it was definitely more people there than last year. They said it was around 15,000 in attendance. Great atmosphere though except for the couple of idiots that showed up in Fsu gear.
Speaking of FSU...Spring game played at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando...42.000+ in the stands...They look good and can't wait to pull the chain on them this year...

slider11-1800x923.jpg

Stadium mock up looks good....look at all that shade lol:U5PyXda:

Heat sellout games, were near or top 10 in attendance before Lebron

Nice bs though

Advertisement
Back