It's a new day and era -- now time to do our part as fans...

k9cane

Senior
yes, getting Mario Cristobal is like getting a Red Ryder BB Gun (with the thingy that tells time) for Christmas. Im happy. He's a steep upgrade from Manny. But I also realize hes not perfect. But guess what? There is no perfect candidate for UM save for Jimmy Johnson getting into a hot tub time machine.

Mario brings credibility and respect to the program. He has taken the long road to Miami. I love his track record leading up to this. The time and place for him to come home was now, and I think he realized that as Oregon put the full court press on him late in the process.

Now, he does concern me with his game/clock management and offensive approach. I hope his OC is TVD-friendly, that simple. But in terms of being physical upfront, tackling better, and being better fundamentally, I'm very optimistic we will see rapid improvements in those areas.

Finally, it looks like Miami has finally entered the realm of big-time college football, and has entered the arms race. We got what we wanted, and with that, we as a fan base need to do our part by supporting this thing financially. No, none of us(or most of us, lol) are not the Mas brothers, or Dan Lambert, but us regular working stiffs can at least get back to our season tickets, upping our donations levels a bit (I'll certainly be doing just that), every little bit counts-- and matters.

I know folks that graduated from Miami with multiple degrees and had flat out stopped going to games. I know of boosters (individuals who give six-figures a year) that were out. They had pulled their support .Well guys, it's time to get back on this thing. I think we could be in for a fun ride.

It's great to be...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree with the sentiment but.... How many offseasons in a row have we won? Sorry, I am a little gun-shy until I see progress on the field.
we won those offseasons in superficial ways. this is the biggest forward-thinking move that miami athletics has made for football since hiring schnellenberger. jimmy and dennis were up and comers that were spotted by the best athletic director we ever had, butch came to cut his teeth, and then it's been internal hires and temple guys since. if this fails it's not for lack of trying from the administration for once.

we won those offseasons in superficial ways. this is the biggest forward-thinking move that miami athletics has made for football since hiring schnellenberger. jimmy and dennis were up and comers that were spotted by the best athletic director we ever had, butch came to cut his teeth, and then it's been internal hires and temple guys since. if this fails it's not for lack of trying from the administration for once.

that was very cosmetic those things, what's going on here now is a much DEEPER commitment...

Advertisement
Not disagreeing with you at all. I would just like to see results before I once again invest.

I gave up my season tix not only due to our inept Athletic dept but also due to our inept President making political statements. I won’t go back either! I will definitely go to a game here or there but as to giving 5 figures like I used to…not until Frenk is gone.

Advertisement
I will re-up my donations. I stopped after they hired that train wreck Mandy ****az. It is indeed a great time for the university, and a great time to be a Cane.

Advertisement
yes, getting Mario Cristobal is like getting a Red Ryder BB Gun (with the thingy that tells time) for Christmas. Im happy. He's a steep upgrade from Manny. But I also realize hes not perfect. But guess what? There is no perfect candidate for UM save for Jimmy Johnson getting into a hot tub time machine.
1638821782819.png

Expect improvement in Y1-2, not miracles.

We need to be patient and see improvements.

Consistent "4th and 17" and "lose to FIU" moments will be huge red flags.

As said with former HC Diaz...

In Super Mario we trust, until we don't.

Advertisement
Back