It's a new day and era -- now time to do our part as fans...

I never stopped caring or being a fan.

I've held up my end. I've done my job.

If Mario gets us back to national relevance, I'll go to games and buy merchandise.

If Mario can't figure it out here, I'll call for his head til he leaves town just like the last 4 or 5 coaches.

My Fandom will endure.

Advertisement
yes, getting Mario Cristobal is like getting a Red Ryder BB Gun (with the thingy that tells time) for Christmas. Im happy. He's a steep upgrade from Manny. But I also realize hes not perfect. But guess what? There is no perfect candidate for UM save for Jimmy Johnson getting into a hot tub time machine.

Mario brings credibility and respect to the program. He has taken the long road to Miami. I love his track record leading up to this. The time and place for him to come home was now, and I think he realized that as Oregon put the full court press on him late in the process.

Now, he does concern me with his game/clock management and offensive approach. I hope his OC is TVD-friendly, that simple. But in terms of being physical upfront, tackling better, and being better fundamentally, I'm very optimistic we will see rapid improvements in those areas.

Finally, it looks like Miami has finally entered the realm of big-time college football, and has entered the arms race. We got what we wanted, and with that, we as a fan base need to do our part by supporting this thing financially. No, none of us(or most of us, lol) are not the Mas brothers, or Dan Lambert, but us regular working stiffs can at least get back to our season tickets, upping our donations levels a bit (I'll certainly be doing just that), every little bit counts-- and matters.

I know folks that graduated from Miami with multiple degrees and had flat out stopped going to games. I know of boosters (individuals who give six-figures a year) that were out. They had pulled their support .Well guys, it's time to get back on this thing. I think we could be in for a fun ride.

It's great to be...
Kyle Whittingham showed Cristobal what's up. Statistically Oregon wasn't good and this is they guy we hand $80M to. Lol My days of taking someone at face value are over with. Let's see what he does on the field, it's been 20 years +

Advertisement
Back