It wasn't Donofrio this time

Advertisement
The defense showed up for 30 mins. Unfortunately, games are 60 mins. Seems to be the case everytime Miami plays a team worth something and part of the time against garbage teams.

While I am angry that we lost to FSU, I'm not surprised either; they're essentially a 2nd half team. Golden&CO should have known this and schemed around it imo.

Doritos did not adjust his blitz schemes in the second half. FSU adjusted. They knew Miami's DL have no skills and that we would blitz up the middle. Did Doritos mix up his blitzes? Did he send some corners or safeties like FSU did in the second half to generate pressure?
We know the answer to that, cause Mr Stubborn does not make second half adjustments.

Actually, he did send DB's.

It just got blocked up.

But you only pay attention when DB gets there, at which time you say "FINALLY WE SEND THE DB'S"

We sent DBs but it was only a few times. Bush, fentress were pretty much the only DBs blitzing and those delayed safety blitzes only happened a couple times. Burns never blitzed once.

I hate dorito, but tonight There were 3 teams playing:

1. FSU
2. First half canes. Badass
3. Second half canes. Choke

Everyone choked in the second half. Players were nervous, FSU's offense got lucky as ****, and foley didn't adjust. The defense actually held Winston back but our offense did nothing. Kaaya showed promise but he can't do it all on his own. Fire everyone if you want but

Blame Donofrio all you want

Players reflect the HC. The HC was scared. He ever gets a lead against a team with a pulse, he goes yellow, chokes, and turns the other team loose.

It pains me to say this, but both offense and defense, showed what they could do. First half, Coley had FSU on the ropes, and the FSU players looked as confused as a newborn in a ****y bar. First half, Dorito called a great defensive game. Jamies was rattled and frustrated.

Second half, our Coordinators suddenly forgot what they were doing? I don't believe it.

Golden put the brakes on, and tried to ride out the lead. By the last half of the fourth, siht had gotten completely out of hand, and there could be no recovering from the chikenschitt prevent that Golden has exhibited since he got here.

He can't help himself - he has no guts, no intuition, no feel for the game, and no burn to win. He likes to win, but if he loses, he's comfortable with that. And that attitude is reflected in our players comments.

Golden's a big boy. Due to his size, he's never, EVER, been in a knock-down-someone-bar-the-door-gouging-and-choking fight to the finish in his life. And he's never learned to finish.

If something is working - and he intellectually would like to do something else - he'll abandon what's working to attempt to force whatever hair-brained thought is in his head, even to his destruction.

Has no intuition, and that leaves him with his thinking - which is disastrous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back