It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

Won in spite of him despite his best efforts, again

And stop it with the we're hating on a good player, guy is mentally broken. I definitely don't think Emory is ready, but it's time to move on
It’s always been ok……..the undeserved drama on whether or not he’s healthy enough to play and any opinions bagging coaches to cover for this bull**** are just laughable at this point.

Advertisement
I'm sure nagging injuries play a part. If his finger isn't 100%, then I'm sure throwing the 30 yard bomb might not make the distance or be as accurate.

If that's the case, then you don't throw the 30 yard bomb.

Advertisement
20231028_191041.gif

I'm just hoping this was injury related. He got a lot of **** for the UNC game, but even in that one he looked decent. This was just a full blown ****show. He's a much better QB than this performance today.

This is why I was saying that if he's still hurt I'd prefer going with Emory one more week. Cause a perfomance like this can **** a QB up even longer if he doesn't bounce back quickly against NCSt. And he clearly gives us a better chance to win against FSU than Emory, regardless what some of yall wanna believe. Obviously not if he plays like this, but this is almost certainly just about his worst performance of his career. Lets hope he has a major bounce back game against NCST and is fully healthy next week.

There should be a definite serious discussion about whether he really honestly gives us the best chance to win because of the turnovers and streaky play period.

For me, I definitely think there needs to be some set of reps devoted to getting Emory snaps and experience at this point. We got bowl eligible, we have almost zero chance to qualify for the ACCCG, and it’s not like Emory can’t win football games either.

Thought it was pretty telling the end of game and OT sequence when they weren’t willing to try to throw a screen and see if they could get something and all handoffs in OT. To be fair Fletcher was punishing tho.
TVD can't be trusted with throwing a competent screen..
The FRESH can, as evident last week..

Advertisement
TVD played poorly, no doubt.

That said, isn't the TE supposed to be a qb's best friend? Don't know if Arroyo returned, but a TE that could get down the seam against zone, and work the short stuff along with X in the middle of the field could help. Doesn't seem to be a part of this offense.

TVD played poorly, no doubt.

That said, isn't the TE supposed to be a qb's best friend? Don't know if Arroyo returned, but a TE that could get down the seam against zone, and work the short stuff along with X in the middle of the field could help. Doesn't seem to be a part of this offense.
The problem isn’t his offensive weapons being open… it’s his inability to read defenses or move off of predetermined pre snap reads.

The problem isn’t his offensive weapons being open… it’s his inability to read defenses or move off of predetermined pre snap reads.
Not at the games, but I'm not *always* or even *often* seeing receivers running wide open. Against zone receivers can be 'thrown open' OR 'sit down' in open zones. Perhaps development in the nuances of the game are lacking, ie, operating like a well oiled machine. This is not to absolve TVD performance. Looking for solutions to help him.
The TE comment was to say that effectiveness at that position takes a db off the field and generally allows him to operate against LB's/S.

Advertisement
Not at the games, but I'm not *always* or even *often* seeing receivers running wide open. Against zone receivers can be 'thrown open' OR 'sit down' in open zones. Perhaps development in the nuances of the game are lacking, ie, operating like a well oiled machine. This is not to absolve TVD at all.
The TE comment was to say that effectiveness at that position takes a db off the field and generally allows him to operate against LB's/S.
I’ll leave it at this… all of his INTs are horribly under thrown ducks where his offensive player has beaten the defensive player. Watch todays game as an example… or he flat out forces it into double/triple coverage see his dropped INT and the other 6 he’s thrown the past four weeks (don’t forget he missed playing last week *chuckle*)

It’s more than fair. I’ve defended him because I know all the issues he’s dealing with physically. Ligament damage in a finger that’s important with driving the ball. Another injury that involves his core and then a knee injury which affects mechanics. All that said none of those injuries have anything to do with decision making , which has been next level atrocious. He’s played too many games to be doing that ****.

I carved up GT as a bad game and they did some things in pre snap then post snap that confused him. I said in the game thread the scouting report was now out on him and he needs to adjust and he hasn’t. Teams are sitting back and waiting for him to get impatient rather than taking shorter , intermediate throws. When he starts getting the happy feet you know he’s thinking now and unsure of what he’s seeing.

I thought he played well against everyone else but I can’t defend UVA and GT. No matter what he’s dealing with.

It’s ok to take 5-6 yard completions until they finally change coverage. Him and Dawson for that matter need to do better with the coverage they’re facing. Also the OL needs to be better when it’s a light box. They continue to be strwait.

I can chalk up injuries to some of it and it sucks he’s been consistently injured but if that really is the case (no reason not believe all the injuries you mention) then why the **** is he even playing?

I know the first half against Clemson was iffy with Williams but a lot of that was conservative calls as well. He was pretty good in the second half and if he was in today just giving us 80% of that second half consistently for the game we’d have beaten the brakes off this UVA team. Indefensible playing an injured QB who already has tendencies to make game breaking mistakes and has confidence issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back