It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

I mean call me crazy but I would rather let TVD play it out then throw Emory in for fsu and completely ruin his confidence when he gets murdered that day lol

Gino was thrown in at FSU when Erickson went down. Though he lost the game, he went on to win the Heisman. Dorsey lost at Washington his first start..
..... losing your first away game is not always a bad thing if you are tough enough to learn from it... I might even say, it accelerates your learning if your have the "it"

Advertisement
It’s hard to play to the strengths of a quarterback who has zero confidence and is seeing ghosts.

He’s obviously hurt. The lack of practice reps is obviously hurting. He’s obviously lost some confidence. But the decision making in the GT and UVA games just can’t happen to a player with his experience. And even when he makes the right decision, like on the ball to 7 yesterday, it’s under thrown by 8 yards and is another pick.

You can’t bench him, Emory has little to no shot to win a road game next week and less than no shot to beat FSU the following week. I agree that TVD playing the way he’s played in 2 of his last 3 games has very little shot as well. But you have to try to get him healthy and help him get some mojo back.

I just can’t explain how poor the decision making has been. He is baffled back there and doesn’t really have the ability to run when he’s not seeing it, plus now having 2 body injuries makes that even less of an option. So it’s time to force things when he shouldn’t.

IMO you almost have to take the Clemson gameplan and normal TVD gameplan and meld them at this point. Turn TVD into a game manager but his talent will keep teams more honest than Emory kept Clemson. And hope he can hit some vertical shots if teams start to play downhill. But he’s shell-shocked right now.
On the almost-int in the end zone he tried looking off the safety for the first time in I don't know how long, but then he just turned and fired to the middle of the field without looking first and threw it straight into double coverage! The one time he doesn't lock in on his first read he does something like that.

He read cover 3.he saw the safety shaded to the field.

He thought the boundary corner was going to take 84 and was trying to squeeze it in before the field safety could come over. Threw it a second too early. If he paused, he would have seen the corner staying on the route and could have hit 84

Honestly good play by the corner. Stuck with the route because he knew 84 isn’t a real target. Lazy route by him at the top too to not even press that corner

Last edited:
Next week WHEN TVD lights up NCST the naysayers may change their tune

If Mario thought Emory would give us a better chance to win he would start Emory

TVD has been in a slump - I attribute it to injuries

The play-calling needs to improve

Play to TVD’s strengths

Brody says “at this point we don’t need a quarterback we’re just running the ball every single play anyway”

and what strengths are those, exactly?

Advertisement
On the almost-int in the end zone he tried looking off the safety for the first time in I don't know how long, but then he just turned and fired to the middle of the field without looking first and threw it straight into double coverage! The one time he doesn't lock in on his first read he does something like that.

This is just a CIS narrative that people who don’t know what they watch run with.

Actually on the 2nd INT, he looked middle and right at the snap. Nothing was there, and he came back to the left sideline and fired the ball to a receiver who wasn’t even close to open. But it wasn’t a predetermined throw nor the first read.

He reads the field. He’s just making egregious decisions with the football and putting it into harms’ way.

Stat nerds in crisis. Their boy still has above average numbers on the season and they'd rather die than go against their holy stats book. Meanwhile he's played himself out of the draft this year. Such a conundrum to figure out if the stats or your eyes are right 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

It's crazy. 2 off seasons ago we thought we had one of the best QB rooms in the country. Fast forward to today and we're stuck with playing awful TVD.
He has lost it. Where were you when he looked really good early this year? Bad look for you going back 2 years to claim your clairvoyance. Smdh.

Advertisement
Gino was thrown in at FSU when Erickson went down. Though he lost the game, he went on to win the Heisman. Dorsey lost at Washington his first start..
..... losing your first away game is not always a bad thing if you are tough enough to learn from it... I might even say, it accelerates your learning if your have the "it"
People are not made the same as back then have u seen these kids nowadays. Words hurt now

View attachment 263358
This was my opinion before the season started on this clown. Hasn’t changed….
I got receipts too about TVD. Very similar to yours. The first 4 games had me good with his play so I gave him a pass but unfortunately my concerns about him are back. That being said, the injury’s aren’t helping him either.

I dont see how Miami wins against UL, NCST or FSU with this version of TVD. He is a turnover machine.

this is disgusting..

7 picks in 3 games almost 8 with the one above.

If you can't protect the football, you don't deserve to play, plain and simple

UGA has had a very creative offense until this year and you see them struggling more to score. Bowers constantly gets those matchups because of motion and route concepts. Them losing Monken and his mixture of spread / pro concepts has set them back dramatically. They can still out talent people but it will bite them when they meet equal or close to equal opponents.
In arguably their two biggest games so far against UK and UF, they have scored at will. I see guys wide open in their offense, that seems to never happen with ours.

Advertisement
In arguably their two biggest games so far against UK and UF, they have scored at will. I see guys wide open in their offense, that seems to never happen with ours.
Until they play a decent defense or better they’ll be fine.

I’m talking formations , more motion other than BS occasionally coming on an orbit motion. Using te’s as Ol or the same routes. Go watch UVA’s creativity and getting the matchups they want with their notions. It was mostly 1 man reads. Tvd is playing awful but you can scheme up more qb friendly stuff. The offenses has slowly been transitioning back to Gattis formations.
And if it’s Mario getting involved, nothing about this offense is attractive. It was earlier in the year. Not anymore.

So wether it’s Mario, Shannon, TVD….. if TVD is checking off plays, that needs to be taken away from him. Maybe it has been, hence the “look at me/check with me offense” that I saw for the first time with TVD this game.

That’s Gattass **** and it needs to stop.

How we can’t get creative with the offensive line we have in terms of putting receivers in better matchups/mismatches is malpractice.

It’s just lineup and run it again. That seems like a panic move and we know who has no guts and is a ***** when a little bit of adversity strikes on the offense: Mr. Kneel at every opportunity when you have a chance to win a game except for the GT game.

It’s been coaching malpractice and shame on me for not realizing how bad of a game day coach he is. I love him in every other facet of his head coaching (recruiting, connecting with players, families, UM community, etc) but he can’t ******* help himself and be a CEO coach during game day and gets his paws in everything.

and what strengths are those, exactly?
Pga Tour Golf GIF by PGA EuroPro Tour

Advertisement
And if it’s Mario getting involved, nothing about this offense is attractive. It was earlier in the year. Not anymore.

So wether it’s Mario, Shannon, TVD….. if TVD is checking off plays, that needs to be taken away from him. Maybe it has been, hence the “look at me/check with me offense” that I saw for the first time with TVD this game.

That’s Gattass **** and it needs to stop.

How we can’t get creative with the offensive line we have in terms of putting receivers in better matchups/mismatches is malpractice.

It’s just lineup and run it again. That seems like a panic move and we know who has no guts and is a ***** when a little bit of adversity strikes on the offense: Mr. Kneel at every opportunity when you have a chance to win a game except for the GT game.

It’s been coaching malpractice and shame on me for not realizing how bad of a game day coach he is. I love him in every other facet of his head coaching (recruiting, connecting with players, families, UM community, etc) but he can’t ******* help himself and be a CEO coach during game day and gets his paws in everything.
One big issue is teams are dropping 7 in coverage and we send out 4, sometimes three wr’s. Everything to the rb’s is flats, no creativity or choice routes dictated by coverage. On top of sending out 3/4 receivers out te is either running the same routes or staying in to block.

So the offense isn’t putting any pressure on the three levels of the defense. Even when we go max protect or keep 84 / rb in the lb’s know to come , no respect for a delay route to leak out behind them.

Lashlee always found a way to put pressure on all three levels and constant manipulation of lb’s / safeties eyes. That’s the reason Mallory and Arroyo stayed open down the seams or wheels. Btw where’s the wheels to rb’s or te’s? Defenses are sitting on our ****. What happened to this “ self scouting “ from the bye? Everything is slowly transforming back into Neanderthal ball formations.

Last edited:
One big issue is teams are dropping 7 in coverage and we send out 4, sometimes three wr’s. Everything to the rb’s is flats, no creativity or choice routes dictated by coverage. On top of sending out 3/4 receivers out te is either running the same routes or staying in to block.

So the offense isn’t putting any pressure on the three levels of the defense. Even when we go max protect or keep 84 in the lb’s know to come , no repeat for a delay route to leak out behind them.

Lashlee always found a way to put pressure on all three levels and constant manipulation of lb’s / safeties eyes. That’s the reason Mallory and Arroyo stayed open down the seams or wheels. Btw where’s the wheels to rb’s or te’s? Defenses are sitting on our ****. What happened to this “ self scouting “ from the bye. Everything is slowly transforming back into Neanderthal ball formations.
there def seems to be a shift since the bye. did mario get involved? is it just advanced scouting with enough film out there now?

So the offense isn’t putting any pressure on the three levels of the defense. Even when we go max protect or keep 84 in the lb’s know to come , no respect for a delay route to leak out behind them.

Lashlee always found a way to put pressure on all three levels and constant manipulation of lb’s / safeties eyes. That’s the reason Mallory and Arroyo stayed open down the seams or wheels. Btw where’s the wheels to rb’s or te’s? Defenses are sitting on our ****. What happened to this “ self scouting “ from the bye. Everything is slowly transforming back into Neanderthal ball formations.
Ice Hockey GIF

This what comes to mind for me when I think about this offense.

Advertisement
Back