It is IMPERATIVE that we sign these men.

Larry

All-American
Keith Bryant
Jaynard Bostwick
Quay Bain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V03ZXO59M_M

Throw in Senat and anyone else who can play defensive line while we're at it.

Missing on numbers and talent at defensive line carries NO EXCUSE. Not numbers, not recruiting effort, not evaluation, not nuffin. Get'em...no excuse. Get'em now just so I feel better about it.

Get a pass rusher while you're at it.

Advertisement
If we dont get MT there is no hope in the stafg IMO. You gotta get elitr talent year after year not every other year

LoL Bain and Senat, Bain got pushed around by small Ohio kids but he is going to help us next year.

Advertisement
LoL Bain and Senat, Bain got pushed around by small Ohio kids but he is going to help us next year.

Its not just about help next year.

We should scour the JUCO ranks for a big defensive tackle if we are looking for help simply next year.

However, the real issue is the lack of not only talent but depth that will quickly shrink up on us after this year. Darius Smith is a senior. Who knows what is up with Luther Robinson. Curtis Porter is always injured. Grimble is a JAG. King is a bum by pure by proxy that he can't see the field. Moore/Briscoe/Ivery are all young and not as talented as the group that would come in next year but could all play a vital role.

Pierre is proving to be a pretty good player with all that said.

In regards to JC guys...no idea why we aren't all over Marquel Combs...6'3" 310lb JUCO **** guy that just opened up his Ole Miss commitment. I dunno, there are plenty of JUCO guys out there every year, especially on the DL, that end up being studs for SEC schools...we need to go get one of those, too.

**** class size...there are plenty of JAGs I'd tell to kick rocks if I needed a spot for a need position.

I would as much as promise 6 a starting position. I agree on bringing in 4 DTs. And man, we need some thugs. And by that, I mean dudes that don't give a f*ck about anyone's well being, including their own - we need some players with some hate running through their veins.

Its not just about help next year.

We should scour the JUCO ranks for a big defensive tackle if we are looking for help simply next year.

However, the real issue is the lack of not only talent but depth that will quickly shrink up on us after this year. Darius Smith is a senior. Who knows what is up with Luther Robinson. Curtis Porter is always injured. Grimble is a JAG. King is a bum by pure by proxy that he can't see the field. Moore/Briscoe/Ivery are all young and not as talented as the group that would come in next year but could all play a vital role.

Pierre is proving to be a pretty good player with all that said.

In regards to JC guys...no idea why we aren't all over Marquel Combs...6'3" 310lb JUCO **** guy that just opened up his Ole Miss commitment. I dunno, there are plenty of JUCO guys out there every year, especially on the DL, that end up being studs for SEC schools...we need to go get one of those, too.

**** class size...there are plenty of JAGs I'd tell to kick rocks if I needed a spot for a need position.

Agree 700% and just made this point on EITS. Golden doesn't like the effect guys like that have on his culture, and I understand, but with defensive linemen you have to take them however you can get them.

Advertisement
Easy to say go Juco but we don't have a stellar record of getting Jucos admitted!

O RLY?

Miami has gotten plenty of JUCO kids in...you need to get on them earlier and get them focused on goals to meet academically. Patrick Hill, Kandy Kayne, AutoBotts, Darius Smith, Chase Ford...all in in recent years. We do just fine getting JUCOs into Miami...problem is, we just don't target them enough, early enough.

We just signed over 30 kids. We don't have room to add all these 25 kid wish classes I keep reading about. We as a fan base are going to have to be patient and let Golden's recruits mature and develop. There really aren't any shortcuts.

There is one kid on defense who should be out there right now on a typical UM defense. 52. And he's a cot **** true soph. Not one of the older kids is anything more than a JAG. Sorry, but its true. The Shannon classes are going to hurt us for a bit longer. I love Chick, but he needs some development. I'm not sure he's carrying his new weight too well. He's not making plays to be frank. In a perfect world, he would have redshirted last year, been a backup to a good upperclassman this year, and started NEXT YEAR as a redshirt sophomore. He's not ready, but he's the best we have. Eddie Johnson might be better than him right now. And he barely has an idea of what's going on out there. But love his motor.

Advertisement
Nice post bomb. I was thinking during the game that realistically, we probably need for Golden to have his first or second class be seniors til we have a chance to be back to where we were.

We just signed over 30 kids. We don't have room to add all these 25 kid wish classes I keep reading about. We as a fan base are going to have to be patient and let Golden's recruits mature and develop. There really aren't any shortcuts.

There is one kid on defense who should be out there right now on a typical UM defense. 52. And he's a cot **** true soph. Not one of the older kids is anything more than a JAG. Sorry, but its true. The Shannon classes are going to hurt us for a bit longer. I love Chick, but he needs some development. I'm not sure he's carrying his new weight too well. He's not making plays to be frank. In a perfect world, he would have redshirted last year, been a backup to a good upperclassman this year, and started NEXT YEAR as a redshirt sophomore. He's not ready, but he's the best we have. Eddie Johnson might be better than him right now. And he barely has an idea of what's going on out there. But love his motor.

There is no magical 25 player class, but it is increasingly obvious, room needs to be made for a few more bodies to add to the class because there are some players that simply aren't carrying their weight and we are desperate for immediate help...which can be had with adequate scouting of the JUCO ranks.

Sanctions coming. Lol @ all u wymyn.

Golden is carrying quite a load and trying to recruit these guys with a hnad tied behind his back.

Well be lucky to get any of them.

Advertisement
All I can say is patience is going to be the buzzword around this program. More than likely, again, Golden will have to sell a mediocre product when going into these kids' homes, and that can't be easy. I been saying we need to be on some JC guys, but folks scoff and say shut up.

I'm telling yall know and imma keep saying it; Jethro Franklin is a terrible DL coach. He's a hack, and he needs to go. These DL are doing the EXACT same things that were done when Hurtt was here; no technique, they don't use their hands, and the next time I see a T/E game/stunt will be the first. Just raming into OL and hoping for the best.

Easy to say go Juco but we don't have a stellar record of getting Jucos admitted!

O RLY?

Miami has gotten plenty of JUCO kids in...you need to get on them earlier and get them focused on goals to meet academically. Patrick Hill, Kandy Kayne, AutoBotts, Darius Smith, Chase Ford...all in in recent years. We do just fine getting JUCOs into Miami...problem is, we just don't target them enough, early enough.

Outside of hill and botts, those guys sucked. For every Mcdougle and Williams (which were the exception not the rule), you have loads of guys that end up being busts.

O RLY?

Lol at Chase Ford

Advertisement
Back