It is IMPERATIVE that we sign these men.

Easy to say go Juco but we don't have a stellar record of getting Jucos admitted!

O RLY?

Miami has gotten plenty of JUCO kids in...you need to get on them earlier and get them focused on goals to meet academically. Patrick Hill, Kandy Kayne, AutoBotts, Darius Smith, Chase Ford...all in in recent years. We do just fine getting JUCOs into Miami...problem is, we just don't target them enough, early enough.

Outside of hill and botts, those guys sucked. For every Mcdougle and Williams (which were the exception not the rule), you have loads of guys that end up being busts.

I don't disagree...they suck, but the point is that they got into Miami without much of a problem.

Advertisement
We will see.

Golden seems to be prioritizing the lines, at least in his plan, and he really only had one opportunity so far to get a really good JuCo lineman. It is true that most of those beasts just want a stepping stone to the NFL and if the SEC can't get an elite DT into school right from high school, then there really must be massive grade issues.

None of those factors help us, but we will just have to work harder, like you pointed out.

Bain is going to be a total bust.

I hope we NEVER take a kid from University School. That school creates more panzies than anywhere on the planet.

We just signed over 30 kids. We don't have room to add all these 25 kid wish classes I keep reading about. We as a fan base are going to have to be patient and let Golden's recruits mature and develop. There really aren't any shortcuts.

There is one kid on defense who should be out there right now on a typical UM defense. 52. And he's a cot **** true soph. Not one of the older kids is anything more than a JAG. Sorry, but its true. The Shannon classes are going to hurt us for a bit longer. I love Chick, but he needs some development. I'm not sure he's carrying his new weight too well. He's not making plays to be frank. In a perfect world, he would have redshirted last year, been a backup to a good upperclassman this year, and started NEXT YEAR as a redshirt sophomore. He's not ready, but he's the best we have. Eddie Johnson might be better than him right now. And he barely has an idea of what's going on out there. But love his motor.

There is no magical 25 player class, but it is increasingly obvious, room needs to be made for a few more bodies to add to the class because there are some players that simply aren't carrying their weight and we are desperate for immediate help...which can be had with adequate scouting of the JUCO ranks.

Yeah I am all about doing what needs to be done to get more 'ships, but I keep reading about how we should make room for (add in 8 guys we don't have room for). This is not going to be a large class no matter what, and this is without us even factoring in the possibility the NCAA has something to say about it in time. For all we know UM is planning to voluntarily self-penalize and reduce this class ahead of sanctions too.

Also, to those that disagree with the names involved...you can incorporate your own. Same rule applies. The 'Canes need to add, IMO, 4 defensive tackles, minimum. One of which being a legitimate JUCO prospect. Also could use pass rush prospects...but those are moot until we shore up the DTs. A player like Matthew Thomas is vital to this class as well...

If we need to start cutting guys to make room for talented guys of need, then we need to start cutting guys...its not personal, it should be business.

Advertisement
Keith Bryant
Jaynard Bostwick
Quay Bain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V03ZXO59M_M

Throw in Senat and anyone else who can play defensive line while we're at it.

Missing on numbers and talent at defensive line carries NO EXCUSE. Not numbers, not recruiting effort, not evaluation, not nuffin. Get'em...no excuse. Get'em now just so I feel better about it.

Get a pass rusher while you're at it.

We need an entire class of DL.

Advertisement
Back