It ain't just the O-line

I still ain’t buying it mainly because the entire line crashes left leaving two free blitzers. I look at that 2nd and 3rd slide and it’s obviously the DE who has a chance to affect the throw. Any FBS DE and Rosier no’s getting up off his *** and the only person he’s throwing the ball to is the ref.

****, once Gray rubs past the WLB, he ain’t even rushing the QB anymore. He realizes what’s going on and tries to recover. Homer has to run him down to block him.

It's as it is. Homer's doing what they're coaching

Advertisement
It's as it is. Homer's doing what they're coaching
Maybe, but if so, it’s stupid and we have much bigger problems.

Never in my life have I seen a play designed to have one RB fake block a guy another RB actually blocks. Every time I’ve seen that play before, the FB (or TE in a TE Flats call) chips his man and releases to the flat. If it’s not a clean release, the check is Polendy.

Seems plain as day to these eyes that Homer should have just carried out the PA fake and taken care of the guy who’s there to meet him in the hole.

Disappointed in the LBer play....So much so, that the next person who mentions Shaq...Pinkney & McCloud in the same sentence as Barrow...Armstead & Smith, will have me Swan Dive off of the nearest I-4 overpass....

Advertisement
I know you already know who hired him too!

Butch Davis is a football GOD!

Coach Moffitt took this Pic of me and the Late Leonard Myers in UMs old weight room in 98 (day before UCLA game)

Attachments

• CAM00198.jpg
    CAM00198.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 25
Coach Moffitt took this Pic of me and the Late Leonard Myers in UMs old weight room in 98 (day before UCLA game)

**** yeah! I porsted that in the wrong thread but I reposted it in the S&C thread where it belongs.

Moffitt is the best in the business.

A good example how a poorly executed play call gets conflated with a bad play call.

An oline that can't open holes or protect, guys that miss assignments, or run wrong routes, a qb that can't hit at times the broad side of a barn make any play look terrible.

A good example how a poorly executed play call gets conflated with a bad play call.

An oline that can't open holes or protect, guys that miss assignments, or run wrong routes, a qb that can't hit at times the broad side of a barn make any play look terrible.

That's all corching

Advertisement
How about the play where Homer tackled Perry trying to backpedal. Homer seems off this year.

Advertisement
Maybe, but if so, it’s stupid and we have much bigger problems.

Never in my life have I seen a play designed to have one RB fake block a guy another RB actually blocks. Every time I’ve seen that play before, the FB (or TE in a TE Flats call) chips his man and releases to the flat. If it’s not a clean release, the check is Polendy.

Seems plain as day to these eyes that Homer should have just carried out the PA fake and taken care of the guy who’s there to meet him in the hole.

Yes, the problems are bigger.

Advertisement
You should rewatch the play because Homer blocks the inside guy, not the outside guy who Gray rubs as he goes by. Homer took the inside guy who had the shortest route to the QB, as he should. If he blocks outside, Rosier is drilled right as he tries to throw it instead of getting it out to the open guy in the flats.

Last edited:
Need to start taking some of these guys playing time away if they keep messing up. That will fix things in a hurry and we are starting to get the depth to do that at a couple of spots

Last edited:
Need to start taking some of these guys playing time away if they keep messing up

While I agree in general. In this instance, Homer didn’t mess up. OP is incorrect. Two rushers, Gray rubbed the outside one, Homer picked up the inside one. I just rewatched the play 10 times because I’m not sure what OP was looking at.

Advertisement
Back