IT’S TIME: Why Miami should leave the ACC and go to the AAC

Advertisement
UPS and Toyota disagree with you, I literally changed the way they do business but carry on.

And you decided to outline this argument and present it to...the CIS board? Thanks we’ll have Brock and Chise run this right up to Blake and Frenk.

Surely someone with your connections must know someone with a little more pull than us no?

Firstly, let me say that I was a Managing Consultant for Fortune 500 companies in the past but I always took a different approach to considering whether a project was profitable or not. My time in the entertainment industry taught me that every successful project should tell an impactful story and I applied this knowledge to consulting. So I would always prepare a clear, concise, one-page treatment to any MC project just like a producer would; the difference being that I would present a spreadsheet instead of a synopsis of the script. No matter what, I would always let the numbers tell the story.

Thus I present several reasons as to why Miami should move to the AAC:

Miami is not a cultural fit for the ACC.
  • The ACC is primarily a wannabe Ivy League conglomerate that emphasizes basketball.
  • They only tolerate Miami for access to a primary market.
Miami is also an outlier geographically.
  • The bulk of the ACC is located in or near the Carolinas.
The ACC does not want to represented by a school like Miami.
  • Therefore we will always get treated unfairly
  • Whether it’s biased officiating or out right racism which is documentable.
The ACC does not promote Miami, the most recognized brand in college football.
  • The ACCN is a clear example of of where the marketing priorities of the ACC lie, and it’s not UM.
The locations of ACC scare not in ideal marketing locations.
  • The only rapidly growing areas outside of Miami are the research triangle and Tallahassee.
  • Both of these areas are negligible due to school loyalty and the meaningful population that impacts growth being transient students.
Miami is the largest metropolitan area and only primary market in the ACC but has no leverage.
  • The conference alignment is not set up correctly and the championship game is in Charlotte.
  • Neither of these are favorable for Miami.
The ACC only has 1 consistently ranked playoff team (Clemson) and is just as weak as the AAC.
  • The ACC is weaker now than its ever been on every level.
  • The national perception of the ACC is just as bad or worse than the ACC.
We have no built in rival in the ACC. Why are we traveling to Pitt or Duke on rivalry week?
  • The ACC didn’t provide any advantages in football or basketball.
The marketing value of cities in the ACC is far less than the AAC.

On the contrary:

The AAC misses Miami, the former Big East appreciated and celebrated Miami.
  • Miami instantly legitimizes the AAC as a Power conference.
  • UCF is consistently ranked and needs another high profile opponent.
Miami is a much better cultural fit in AAC.
  • The AAC has has much better metropolitan locations.
  • If you look at the states that produce the most NFL talent.
  • The AAC provides a much better recruiting advantage and marketing exposure.
  • Tampa, Orlando, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, DMV, Philly, Ohio, Memphis, Ohio & Connecticut.
The AAC presents new marketing and greater opportunities for networks and sponsors.
  • Conference realignment could have UM playing in Florida or warm climates most of the season.
  • AAC locations would increase fan support due to ease of accessibility and desirable locations.
Because of weaker teams in the AAC, UM could schedule more high profile out of conference games.
  • AAC have several primary markets in cities that are thriving and growing.
  • We have built in rivals in the AAC.
  • We could possibly play FSU, UF, UCF, USF, FIU, FAU & FAMU In one season. True state champs.
We could add an up and coming Georgia State team and retain the ATL/GA market.
  • Adding Miami would make the AAC better than the ACC in football and closer in basketball.
We need our own conference.

It’s time - if you have UM connections, please submit this for real analysis. Thank you.
It’s always all about The U

View attachment 97063
Totally disagree the ACC coastal division sucks but its better than the whole AAC. It would be a step down for Miami. You cant ask for an easier schedule. If Miami had one loss won the coastal and beat Clemson they would probably make the playoffs. Undefeated UCF did not make the playoffs. That shows what people think of that league

Advertisement
And you decided to outline this argument and present it to...the CIS board? Thanks we’ll have Brock and Chise run this right up to Blake and Frenk.

Surely someone with your connections must know someone with a little more pull than us no?
Nah I’m 47 bruh, I know a few doctors on the corporate side and my only athletic connects are a few old school players. I don’t know anybody that’s a high level booster/administrator. Plus I got completely out of the entertainment business in 2012.

My last event was bringing Rick Ross, Luke & Bill Bellamy for a Homecoming concert at FAMU and Poochi left a bag of 200 pills in the green room (on a ‘dry’ campus no less). If I didn’t know Bev (Chief of Police) I could of went to jail for that ****. Not to mention Poochi tried to cut a side deal with us and this nut had Chicago gangs after him and I didn’t know until it was too late.
I prefer not getting shot at and getting caught up in rap wars, ya dig?

Plus I was testing out Google Sheets as an alternative to MSExcel and needed some data. I put that spreadsheet together in an hour and literally dictated the text off the top of head so it’s a bit disjointed. It’s just a treatment, not something I would actually present. I have 2 regression analysis guys that would take this and make it a 30 page binder in a few days if I was really trying to money. UM has a bunch of serious business analysts that could make this a legitimate pitch if they really wanted out of the ACC.

Ain’t never gonna happen! The status quo will win.

The lazy fools in BOT aren’t committed to putting out a winning product, so it doesn’t matter what conference we’re in. The ACC screws us continuously; the BOT doesn’t care.

We’re practically a doormat in the ACC. We’re not going anywhere.

Ain’t never gonna happen! The status quo will win.

The lazy fools in BOT aren’t committed to putting out a winning product, so it doesn’t matter what conference we’re in. The ACC screws us continuously; the BOT doesn’t care.

We’re practically a doormat in the ACC. We’re not going anywhere.

GEEEEEZ STOP THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know your 1000% right spot on , we got our heads in the sand comfortably .

Advertisement
UPS and Toyota disagree with you, I literally changed the way they do business but carry on.
No competent board would leave the largest markets in the country to do business in areas with few customers and no market exposure. Why not brag about your work with Sears or Worldcomm. The fundamental threat of private equity consultants is that, while touting their cost savings and efficiencies, they are fundamentally lining their own pockets. A predominant number of large bankruptcies have taken place in debt burdened private equity victims.

Advertisement
There's some truth to what his is saying. I heard a radio interview some years back where Coach K, Roy Williams and I almost certain Dabo were saying they like the expansion at all, but were ok with playing whoever the schedule presented.

I appreciate the OP's effort wayyyyy more than his actual premise. This reads like a decent student being assigned to make a presentation for a ludicrous notion. Could've very easily translated to a PowerPoint format.

I'm no fan of the Carolina-centric powers that run the ACC but what's being suggested here is program suicide. An idea that sadly makes the dolts that keep suggesting a move to the SEC seem downright reasonable.

Advertisement
You can say all you want but the narrative would be Miami left a ****** conference with bad teams they couldn't beat to go to an even ****tier conference with worse teams. The current strength of schedule is considered a joke among teams that Miami recruits against. It would be worse going to the AAC no matter what the numbers say. The headline would be 'Miami is scared of competition.' End of story, no amount 'this would be better for Miami' would over ride that headline. Forget it, not gonna happen.

Firstly, let me say that I was a Managing Consultant for Fortune 500 companies in the past

giphy.gif

I'd be all for it if we could take FSU with us. We'd have a **** of a battle for the state of Florida. Imagine all of us playing each other every year. Man, that would be sweet. More games in Florida. I'm sick of the ACC and their continual bias.

No competent board would leave the largest markets in the country to do business in areas with few customers and no market exposure. Why not brag about your work with Sears or Worldcomm. The fundamental threat of private equity consultants is that, while touting their cost savings and efficiencies, they are fundamentally lining their own pockets. A predominant number of large bankruptcies have taken place in debt burdened private equity victims.
Did you look at the markets? You are basically proving my point. If UM joins the AAC they would direct access to over 20 million more people. I literally moved to Dallas because so many insurance companies built hubs here.
Would you rather do business in small college towns or major metropolitan areas?

Advertisement
Back