It’s Time: We need to go back to a 4-3 this scheme is trash

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
This 4-2-5, 3-3-5 scheme is trash. Every scheme has a weakness but I’m tired of seeing us get gashed in these one on ones with nobody else in the area except the corner or Striker that got beat. Also We don’t have enough DBs to keep playing this kind of scheme.

Next season players like Sam Brooks, Joyner, and Huff lined in a 4-3 would make our defense better. I would move Carter down to WLB and Frierson to free safety.

FS - Bubba Bolden | Gilbert Frierson
SS - Gurvan Hall | Keontra Smith

CB - Trajan Bandy | Christian Williams
CB - Al Blades | DJ Ivey
NB - Te’Cory Couch

SLB - Patrick Joyner | Zach McCloud*
MLB - Sam Brooks | Bradley Jennings
WLB - Amari Carter | Avery Huff

DE - Greg Rousseau | Jaelan Phillips
DT - Nesta Silvera | Jason Blissett
DT - Jon Ford | Jordan Miller
DE - Jon Garvin | Scott Patchan

Still need a competent DC but I’m ready to go back to the Randy Shannon scheme thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unless you wanna run the Shannon special 22 man or two deep shell all game..in 2019

Advertisement
You can’t have a OLB coving up a slot..unless you Dno but I digress

Obvious plays were there is 3 or 4 WRs on the field we go with a nickel or Dime package... traditional lineup using cbs not “Strikers” that can’t cover for ****.

So your solution to not having a 4-2-5 is to make Carter a linebacker? Still sounds like a 4-2-5 to me.

Telvin Smith was an undersized lber in college and in the NFL... Carter is limited in space as a safety but would make a great WLB in a 4-3.

Advertisement
So your solution is to play a 4-2-5 that benches our best player Romeo Finley?

Can we ban this dude now? Plz.

Romeo is gone after this season and he’s not our best player?? He barely makes any plays from the striker position he would have made more of an impact from the strong safety position.

Advertisement
Romeo at striker was our best player on the field Saturday.
I thought Finley played well too, but....
D56CF11C-2727-4FD0-B575-91F760226B20.jpeg

Advertisement
Back