It’s over

I’ve yet to see a good reply to how are players safer not being in a controlled environment with coaches trying to keep them accountable, testing twice a week, protocols in place, football occupying their time and energy, than they would be without football and left to their own devices.

This is about preventing lawsuits from players who contract the virus. Universities want no part of litigation because they’d box themselves into admitting players are employees or in being responsible for their care. The choice is giving them fuel to unionize and kill the golden goose they have it opens them up to millions in civil suits.

College sports need a vaccine to play again.
I’ve been saying this..ofc we all want a szn..but it’s not gunns happen. The fact that these conferences and universities, who are privy to Top information spent 5 months, likely muddled by politics, not coming up with a comprehensive plans to either have a pathway towards a szn or just cancel it is unbelievable too me

Advertisement
Anyone who believes we are playing in the spring is foolish. Basketball likely won’t happen either. 18 months without college sports will bankrupt many athletic departments. College athletics might collapse all together. And let’s not even talk about the economic impact to many of these college towns and cities. What a fear **** induced disaster

Advertisement
here's my thing but the scholarship bros wont like it -- PAY THE PLAYERS AND CLASSIFY THEM AS ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES. then you bubble up, no travel and play all games at a neutral site for 4 months like the nBA is doing. once you do it, you drop the optics argument too
then almost every athletic program in the country would have to shutter because title ix is a thing. can't just pay the players of the major sports without paying the ones that operate in the red. ever wonder why um has a massive women's rowing program? it isn't because we give two ***** about rowing.

This is only about lawsuits. Nobody knows the long-term effects of the virus which is what opens them up to being sued, even with a waiver.

then almost every athletic program in the country would have to shutter because title ix is a thing. can't just pay the players of the major sports without paying the ones that operate in the red. ever wonder why um has a massive women's rowing program? it isn't because we give two ***** about rowing.
if ti were me, id drop all or most non revenue to club level. also, schools care more about the liability aspect then title ix right now.

if ti were me, id drop all or most non revenue to club level.
as would every athletic director in the country forever and a half ago, but that isn't how title ix works when it's applied to athletics. you're not coming up with some groundbreaking idea here. the reason those non-revenue sports exist is to allow football, basketball, and baseball to exist.

Advertisement
I've heard some really absurdly idiotic things on this site, but Miami dropping tuition prices is by far the most insane.
colleges dont want to drop prices if they went fully virtual (hard to justify a huge price tag if youre doing classes on zoom) which is a big issue that came up. its a big reason why they brought students back

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence has said everything that needs to be said on this issue.

This has nothing to do with the best interests of the players. It has to do with lawsuits, a hysterical media (“optics”) and the NCAA trying to maintain the grift of not paying players.
The players should revolt and spin the pressure around the other way, but I doubt they could mobilize quick enough.

College football season never seemed feasible from the start. I was hoping for the best but it never made sense due to state and school liabilities. The professional sports are really the only sports that can be played right now, they have billionaire owners and can set themselves up with all the top notch testing and protocols and do not face the same liabilities.

Advertisement
The players should revolt and spin the pressure around the other way, but I doubt they could mobilize quick enough.

doesnt matter. universities will win out since theyre funding it all. they dont want to risk lawsuits in the chance something does happen

Advertisement
Back