It’s over

So what you're saying is Rousseau should have just kept his mouth shut and let the season get canceled this week so he wouldn't look soft or like a quitter. Got it.

Advertisement
But the problem is that optics shouldn’t drive the conversation; it should be the data.

unfortunately, it isnt the real world where college football is a billion dollar business trying to find ways to say its an amateur sport. there were many coaches against the NIL and some presidents too

So what you're saying is Rousseau should have just kept his mouth shut and let the season get canceled this week so he wouldn't look soft or like a quitter. Got it.

we started practice. he essentially had until the first day of fall camp

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200809-185343_Twitter.jpg

A Spring season would probably mean pushing the 21' season back, I'm down with that.

they wont play fall bc of the optics and liability. theyre banking on a vax by december and will play a spring shortened season to make up money. the annoying part is they should've planned for spring all along instead of trying this mythical fall plan that was bound to fail. anyways, well see what happens when its actually done. till its announced, we still have some sort of practice

Advertisement
Spring season isn't feasible... We're not going to have two college football seasons in two calender years. Season will be cancelled if they do not have it now. Maybe an early 2021 season is possible. If there is a spring season then there will not be a fall season. ******* covid man

Never going to happen. It’s more dangerous to make kids play 2 seasons in less than 6 months than it is to have them play now. What a sad reality we live in.

here's my thing but the scholarship bros wont like it -- PAY THE PLAYERS AND CLASSIFY THEM AS ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES. then you bubble up, no travel and play all games at a neutral site for 4 months like the nBA is doing. once you do it, you drop the optics argument too

Advertisement
here's my thing but the scholarship bros wont like it -- PAY THE PLAYERS AND CLASSIFY THEM AS ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES. then you bubble up, no travel and play all games at a neutral site for 4 months like the nBA is doing. once you do it, you drop the optics argument too
Too many moving parts. Would never happen. Time for us to move on and look forward to Bama in 2021.

Too many moving parts. Would never happen. Time for us to move on and look forward to Bama in 2021.
i never expected a season so in my mind bama was our next game. i was hopeful we would get one though. from the beginning, i never wanted a season where you could suddenly lose half your roster right before kick (ala marlins and cards) and cost you a big game. rather have king and co for a normal 2021. either way, who knows what will happen. maybe we still get something and something is better than nothing.

Advertisement
i never expected a season so in my mind bama was our next game. i was hopeful we would get one though. from the beginning, i never wanted a season where you could suddenly lose half your roster right before kick (ala marlins and cards) and cost you a big game. rather have king and co for a normal 2021
The problem is, there is no guarantee that King and some of our other players like Rousseau or Jordan stay. You’ll probably see a ton of players bolt and the rosters are gonna be a mess.

Never going to happen. It’s more dangerous to make kids play 2 seasons in less than 6 months than it is to have them play now. What a sad reality we live in.

That's why I've been saying let's play the season in 2 parts. Play the first half in Sep. & Oct., and play the 2nd half in either Dec. & Jan., or Jan. & Feb.. That way you wouldn't have to worry about playing 2 full seasons in a calendar year. In any event, Emmert gots to go.

The problem is, there is no guarantee that King and some of our other players like Rousseau or Jordan stay. You’ll probably see a ton of players bolt and the rosters are gonna be a mess.

i think with king its a bit diff in that he could've left already but chose to come back and play another year. that situation doesnt change. rousseau was always gone after this coming season and even now, hes a first round lock. diff draft status for king. either way, youre right in that there is no guarantee for king coming back either. he did offer some hope that he would though

Advertisement
Back