It’s NOT coaching

Advertisement
Both Emory and Jaccuri should have gotten a private qb coach to prepare them in the off season. Tyler worked with malik rosier as a private qb coach , which is sad, given he wanted to be a top 10 pick. Malik wasn't technically sound as a player nor apparently as qb coach either, which is why he is a radio commentator now. TVD should have invested more of that NIL money on perfecting his craft and also working with a leadership coach.

Go Canes

💯

Of course he is being taught it, but he is not being taught if effectively. My wife is an effective special ed teacher and she can make breakthroughs w kids that other teachers can't. Not b.c. other teachers are not trying, but b.c. she is talented/more talented at it.

Dawson may have had success w other QB's, but his methods have not worked w TVD. One size fits all approaches generally fail. Don't the best coordinators tailor game plans to their players and teams they are playing? Dawson can prob succeed w certain QB's, but TVD's collapse is a red flag about his ceiling.

You seem to largely make TVD accountable for his failures. I see it that Dawson/Mario are equally as accountable as TVD. [BGCOLOR=initial] I can't remember a QB having such an epic, rapid decline in one season. It is a rare occurrence. IMO, QB's do not go from Heisman talk to unplayable if they are well coached. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Let that hit you, Heisman talk to unplayable: how the **** is that even possible? [/BGCOLOR]

The Heisman talk was based on a partial season in 2021, a very small body of work against weak competition.

It’s TVD. We have nothing at the QB position because for whatever reason, TVD lost his mojo. It’s very hard to win with no QB.

And no, Mario should not have benched TVD. Because we have literally nothing behind him. Emory and Brown are both worse. Emory is a true freshman and he showed nothing against Clemson. We saw Brown last year and he’s not a good passer.

We have seen TVD play well this year and TVD has the most immediate upside of the three QB. The only chance we have of beating FSU is a good TVD. Jacurri or Emory on their best day both lose to FSU, but TVD on his best day gives us a shot. The problem is he’s in s bad slump, but I totally get why the coaches are riding with him.

Next season though they gotta get another option out the portal.
Slurper Alert!

we'd have max 1 loss if our QB wasn't a turnover machine with this OL and defense. with mario's love of fyzical offensive football it's a bit ironic that he has thus far refused to play the QB that would actually necessitate fyzical ground and pound offense. agree with you that there isn't much you can do on offense with TVD playing the position the way he's playing it, but we're long past the point when mario should have benched TVD for emory, and that's on coaching. if the kid turns into a turnover machine too, thems the breaks. it would just be the same outcome we'd get with a shellshocked TVD. on the other hand if emory plays like he did second half of clemson or even better we'd win more games this year than we would have with TVD. this is in't ******* rocket science

Advertisement
You're wrong. Coaching is just as much to blame as TVD.

Agree! In fact I would go with coaching is more to blame then TVD. This is the 2nd year in a row where the offense has become non existence in the late part of the season. We're watching a rerun of last years offense falling apart. Its easy for defenses to read Mario's offenses and he doesn't adjust. We never run a 2 min offense under Mario. Gattis out and Dawson in and were still running the time clock down below 10 seconds and were doing this when were losing by double digits!!! WTF!!! I'm trying my best to stick with Mario but I really do hate his offenses. We need to have an elite O line, elite mobile and passing QB and an elite RB's (more then 1) to have a decent offense under his scheme. F that

For the most part a football team is as good as the QB and the coach. Our QB and coach both suck right now.

It’s TVD. We have nothing at the QB position because for whatever reason, TVD lost his mojo. It’s very hard to win with no QB.

And no, Mario should not have benched TVD. Because we have literally nothing behind him. Emory and Brown are both worse. Emory is a true freshman and he showed nothing against Clemson. We saw Brown last year and he’s not a good passer.

We have seen TVD play well this year and TVD has the most immediate upside of the three QB. The only chance we have of beating FSU is a good TVD. Jacurri or Emory on their best day both lose to FSU, but TVD on his best day gives us a shot. The problem is he’s in s bad slump, but I totally get why the coaches are riding with him.

Next season though they gotta get another option out the portal.
It’s absolutely the coaches because they won’t put down this suffering dog!!! I ain’t ever seen Emory or Brown throw 3 picks in a game. Not even two for either of them smh. Both brown and Williams are better at reading defenses right now until proven otherwise. Every other power 5 QB is better at it right now at reading defenses right now!! TVD LEADS THE NATION in interceptions!! He’s ABSOLUTELY the problem but it’s on the coaches for continuing to play him.

Advertisement
First it was the Roster
Then it was the OL and WRs
Then it was Gattis
Now it’s TVD and Dawson…

Enlighten me, who’s running the show here?

TVD looked more than serviceable in an open, up-tempo, minimal-read offense…and looked terrible under Gattis, great when Dawson was free to let it rip against A&M…and now terrible again. What changed from A&M til now?

Look at our alignment, our motion (or lack thereof), our route concepts. It’s not nearly the same.
It was the roster. It was the OL and WRs. It was Gattos. Lol. Mario solved those problems for the most part. We still aren’t fast enough at WR, but the talent has clearly improved over last season.

Now it’s TVD cause we’ve had like 16 turnovers since GTech. Sometimes it’s not that complicated.

I am content with everything I've seen this year minus the GT ending and poor play from 9. Some people on here wanna fire coaches every year if we not 12-0. Most are entitled snowflakes who have pitched toddler fits their whole life to obtain things

I agree with a lot with your saying. There is a group of the fanbase that consider anything under 10 wins a failure. Our program has been 6-6 for the last 18 years or w/e so they need to face reality. But right now this team is falling apart in the 2nd half of the year for the 2nd straight year and thats not acceptable. There's a good chance the Canes end the year 6-6 or at best 7-5. Thats a red flag for a guy in his 2nd year. I don't care how bad the first year was. His 3rd year better have a big improvement. I can see why the fanbase is freaking out over Mario. His offenses sucks and have always sucked at Oregon and at FIU

Ah yes, we’ve entered Assign the Blame season where we yell at other fans about who’s more to blame, the QB or the corch. In this case, it’s like sifting through turds after a night of eating peanuts and popcorn trying to decide if there are more nuts or corn kernels in each ****. Either way, your fingers smell like you jumped the curb as you were rounding third base with the neighborhood tramp.

It was the roster. It was the OL and WRs. It was Gattos. Lol. Mario solved those problems for the most part. We still aren’t fast enough at WR, but the talent has clearly improved over last season.

Now it’s TVD cause we’ve had like 16 turnovers since GTech. Sometimes it’s not that complicated.
**** I feel sorry for you.

You’re more delusional than anyone I’ve seen on this board. It’s insane the leaps and bounds you go to defend Mario and the last two seasons.

He can do no wrong.

Advertisement
For years, decades it has been the never ending battle-- players or coaching? It's stupid because it's literally both, always has been. How much of each is the only debate.

As for Mario and TVD, there is no intricate explanation or theory which will convince me that a head coach with Mario's blunders has nothing to do with his quarterback completely falling apart. It's impossible.

In his first two years he has had to fire his entire coaching staff, got blown out by a school that people in Tennessee never heard of, and turned himself into an Urban Dictionary entry/Meme by literally ripping defeat from the jaws of victory.

It’s coaching because they obviously had no #2 at QB and that’s on them.

Advertisement
The real problem is it was just a misunderstanding. When Mario heard it was time to turn the clocks back he thought that meant to the Woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense

Our most explosive freshman doesn’t even get on the field.
Noted, but I was referring to Brashard. My point is we have a 3rd year player with explosive traits that we don't scheme for in contrast to our opponent who schemes for a true freshman.

Too much attention is being paid to TVD's failures. The play calling and offensive scheme are a major problem.

It is obvious Mario is handcuffing Dawson. There's no way Dawson runs this type of offense. He's never done it in his entire career.

I stop watching the post-game pressers minutes I'm because the right questions are not being asked.

The offense is a complete 180 from the TAMU game. Not only has the play calling changed, the scheme has changed. We are running a lot of 2 TE sets where we doing max protection. Even with 1 TE we max protect. This has been going on for several games regardless of any blitzing.

I went into a bit of a rant, but we don't use Brashard and our scheme looks more like Michigan. Mario has turned Dawson into Gaddis 2.0. It's clear to me the Mario vision is a run first offense with a very conservative passing game.

Advertisement
Back