It’s never easy

pacusmc

All American
What we’re all feeling and fighting over right now isn’t new. Fan expectations have always exceeded results. How
Many Bama fans posted last year that Saban’s run may be over and crying after tamu?
We love our canes but love makes us blind AF! It makes us blind to who is A jag and who is elite.
You can go ahead and argue about what player got ruined by our staff despite multiple players all over cfb Making it to the league while being coached by “nobodies”.
What can not be argued is that getting to the top tier of cfb comes with pain and frustrations.

Does this sound familiar:

Then a few weeks later the wheels fall off

Now do a google search of staff changes and level of recruiting that had to occur in order for them to be where they are. How many of us (myself included) called him cmr part 2.
And Kirby had never won 2 PAC 12 ****les and Mario has.
Remember this one:

For everyone saying that I’m looking for excuses I’m not. It’s inexcusable to be 3rd and goal from the one then get pushed back 2 yards to make 4th down on the 3. And yes I’m aware there is more examples from this last game.
What I am saying is that this roster is nowhere near elite. What I am saying is that this staff will not remain intact.
There will be firings and hirings and adjustments and transfers.
And we have a coach that has been through all of that. And we have a coach that can recruit at the level we need to get there.
But everyone in here acting like it’s a wrap sounds so stupid.
And history proves that you guys have just as many excuses in trying to be right as the people making excuses for the loss.
This is why Vegas always wins and yet every year we hear “I’m hammering the over”.
Reality is a tuff pill to swallow and reality has been that for many years this team has had subpar talent all over and inadequate depth.

I’ve called so many “day one” picks the past few years so I’m also blind AF.

I hate Bama and hate uga. But those teams weren’t built overnight.
Again, it’s nexcusable to not only lose but lose that bad last week. But it doesn’t mean this sht is over.
It’s actually far from it.
And for all you mongoloides thinking we’re close take a look at the players in this game. How many players on our team right now would’ve seen playing time here:

And it still took uga another 4 years to finally win.
Yet some of y’all are ready to quit already.
Stop being little cry babies after 4 games and strap up, cowboy up, check your nuts and realize it’s gonna take time and it’s gonna hurt. And it’s gonna hurt a lot. And if you ain’t ready then suck it up and keep crying cause it cost you nothing. But it sure as **** says a whole lot about you.

Advertisement
What we’re all feeling and fighting over right now isn’t new. Fan expectations have always exceeded results. How
Many Bama fans posted last year that Saban’s run may be over and crying after tamu?
We love our canes but love makes us blind AF! It makes us blind to who is A jag and who is elite.
You can go ahead and argue about what player got ruined by our staff despite multiple players all over cfb Making it to the league while being coached by “nobodies”.
What can not be argued is that getting to the top tier of cfb comes with pain and frustrations.

Now do a google search of staff changes and level of recruiting that had to occur in order for them to be where they are. How many of us (myself included) called him cmr part 2.
Remember this one:

For everyone saying that I’m looking for excuses I’m not. It’s inexcusable to be 3rd and goal from the one then get pushed back 2 yards to make 4th down on the 3. And yes I’m aware there is more examples from this last game.
What I am saying is that this roster is nowhere near elite. What I am saying is that this staff will not remain intact.
And we have a coach that has been through all of that. And we have a coach that can recruit at the level we need to get there.
And history proves that you guys have just as many excuses in trying to be right as the people making excuses for the loss.
This is why Vegas always wins and yet every year we hear “I’m hammering the over”.
Reality is a tuff pill to swallow and reality has been that for many years this team has had subpar talent all over and inadequate depth.

Again, it’s nexcusable to not only lose but lose that bad last week. But it doesn’t mean this sht is over.
And for all you mongoloides thinking we’re close take a look at the players in this game. How many players on our team right now would’ve seen playing time here:

Stop being little cry babies after 4 games and strap up, cowboy up, check your nuts and realize it’s gonna take time and it’s gonna hurt. And it’s gonna hurt a lot. And if you ain’t ready then suck it up and keep crying cause it cost you nothing. But it sure as **** says a whole lot about you.

My brother is a UGA fan. Has been one for a long time. He made this same point to me about Nicholls State. I understand the logic. But this has been regurgitated ad nauseam every time we lose a dumb *** game. At what point to we stop telling ourselves it’ll get fixed? I’m not going to punt on the Mario experiment after three games but seriously, what has he done instill confidence he’s the guy so far? Recruiting maybe but that class isn’t signed. No position group is marketably improved yet the staff is a whole lot more expensive and bigger names.

I do agree that this is a sizeable rebuild. There needs to be a purge of the rot that has plagued this program for 20 years, but again when we do stop clinging to this hope that it’s gonna just work out?

Remember this one:

#facts , well done sir

Chester Cheetah GIF by Cheetos

Advertisement
My brother is a UGA fan. Has been one for a long time. He made this same point to me about Nicholls State. I understand the logic. But this has been regurgitated ad nauseam every time we lose a dumb *** game. At what point to we stop telling ourselves it’ll get fixed? I’m not going to punt on the Mario experiment after three games but seriously, what has he done instill confidence he’s the guy so far? Recruiting maybe but that class isn’t signed. No position group is marketably improved yet the staff is a whole lot more expensive and bigger names.

I do agree that this is a sizeable rebuild. There needs to be a purge of the rot that has plagued this program for 20 years, but again when we do stop clinging to this hope that it’s gonna just work out?
Never. We never do that. Why? Because we all care a great deal, but there's absolutely nothing we can do to change the outcome. Coaches coach, players play, and we sit and watch. It's not going to "just work out", but the fans have very little to do with it.

Think of this. All the bros on here patting themselves on the back about how they helped get al or manny fired...what did that get you? Yeah, too early to tell with Mario, but if you can complain, I can ask. What did it get you? I don't hear anyone saying "at least it's not Manny" right now. You got rid of the last guy, cool. Good job. But are we better?

Personally, I still believe it's way too early to tell, but if you're one of those people who thinks you have so much influence, step up and fix this sh*t.

Never. We never do that. Why? Because we all care a great deal, but there's absolutely nothing we can do to change the outcome. Coaches coach, players play, and we sit and watch. It's not going to "just work out", but the fans have very little to do with it.

Think of this. All the bros on here patting themselves on the back about how they helped get al or manny fired...what did that get you? Yeah, too early to tell with Mario, but if you can complain, I can ask. What did it get you? I don't hear anyone saying "at least it's not Manny" right now. You got rid of the last guy, cool. Good job. But are we better?

Personally, I still believe it's way too early to tell, but if you're one of those people who thinks you have so much influence, step up and fix this sh*t.
Not really sure what you are getting at. My whole point is this fanbase continually reuses the same talking points when things get bad. Saban vs ULM, Butch went 5-6, JJ went 8-4. Pick your choice.

Mario may work out. But there has to be a point where we stop telling ourselves this is our (insert famous bad game) moment.

We have all heard this point being made hundreds of times. But the thing is the light has to turn on for the coaches and players. An I just think this fanbase knows this isn't the last time we will be embarrassed under this staff.

Advertisement
I have some more examples for you, OP.

In Scott Frost's first season at Nebraska he also lost to a G5 team, Troy.

In Al Golden's first year at Miami, he lost to a Maryland team that went on to go 2-10 on the year. Later that same year he beat a 5-7 USF team 6-3 before going on the road to lose to a then 3-8 Boston College team.

Randy Shannon lost 48-0 to UVA in his first year at Miami.

In Tom Herman's first year at Texas he lost to a Maryland team that would finish the year 4-8.

Heck, in Geoff Collins' first year at GT he lost to The Citadel.

Even in Justin Fuente's 3rd year he lost to Old Dominion.

Heck, Kevin Steele won only 1 game in his first year at Baylor before going on his run there.

Advertisement

Remember this one:

Big difference is Smart was a first time HC and he didn't have a track record of losing to vastly less talented teams. And everyone knew that UGA with all its bag money was going purchase the best team money could buy, which would make up for whatever coaching flaws Smart might have.

In his first year in the SEC, despite his close win over Nichols St (again that was a W) , he still finished 8-5. Right now looks like it will take a miracle for UM to even finish bowl eligible. Smarts first real class, the 2017 class, was #3 in the country.

There is not a snowballs chance in **** Cristobal is getting a top 5 class. If there was, I might be willing to write this year off. Based on how bad UM has looked, I'd be surprised if Cristobal is able to even get a top 10 class now. A class in the 10-12 range is Diaz /Golden territory.

Oh and I should add when Smart was hired by UGA his contract was for 3.75 million a year for 6 years, which was barely cracked the top 25 in coaching salary (#23, only 100k more than the #25 guy, Jim Mora Jr). We have a coach making a top 10 salary- 8 million+ per year - basically until he decides to quit.

Last edited:
The only reason for hope is that Mario will be able to recruit at an elite level. If he begins to land classes in the 10-20 range like previous staffs here, then it’s over.

Advertisement

Remember this one:

We have bad talent period, those scouts In The nfl say so as well by their picks. But the fans know more than nfl scouts

No excuses with this salary and support.

He has high expectations and he needs to meet them.

An average season in year 1 is acceptable, but if you're a good coach inheriting 95% of the previous years roster, I expect slightly above average.

He is forcing the team to learn a new and less effective offense and it's resulting in a calamity. Potentially shaping up to be the worst season in UM history.

Pros and cons will reflect.

Remember this one:

Our time is coming! The turnaround starts with UNC.

Advertisement
Back