It’s Chaney, not Mario

Advertisement
Chaney fumbled. It happens, but without that no one talks about not taking a knee.

Importantly, we asked Mario to get out of the way and let Dawson do his job. He did and we blame him because Chaney fumbled. Not right. Mario was self accountable when he said that he should have stepped in. He did not put Dawson under the bus.
Attachment-1.gif

My guy…

This isn’t some 50-50 thing, or some risky move we made to see if it would pay off, or a questionable coaching decision…

This is virtually unprecedented (only exception I can think of is the same **** coach smh).

100% of coaches take a knee in that situation last night across all time and levels of football. Like 999,999 times out of 1,000,000….and we just endured that one time.

Last edited:
My guy…

This isn’t some 50-50 thing, or some risky move we made to see if it would pay off, or a questionable coaching decision…

This is virtually unprecedented (only exception I can think of is the same **** coach smh).

100% of coaches take a knee in that situation last night across all time and levels of football. Like 999,999 times out of 1,000,000….and we just endured that one time.
Hands down one of the worst and most dumbfounding coaching decisions in all of football BUT there is not a fumble there.

It 1000% not a fumble and should be overturned.

The majority of posters on here had us at 9 wins max anyways so…. Rock out and say , “I told you so”. That, “this team hasn’t changed”. At least you fans will get to crap on the kool aid drinkers to massage your egos.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter for all the f*ckups. TVD, the bad call to run.

Because it is not and wasn’t a fumble. I’ve watched it 100 times now.

Forward progress should have been whistled by the refs to avoid possible injuries and additional contact BUT with that said his elbow was down. It is BLATANT and OBVIOUS.

There should be immediate action taken by the team, led by the administration, and aided by the fans. Every possible avenue should be utilized to scream from the mountain tops for an appeal and overturning of this call.

It has not only ACC championship rankings, championship implications, but recruiting impacts, and most importantly for CFB - possible playoff implications.

Please @DMoney and @Peter Ariz make noise within the program. Tell them how important it is that they try and fight this. And all of us need to be LAF on social media and send out as many emails as necessary to know that someone is pushing for the correct call to be made. On ESPN they don’t even mention the fumble call.

It is 10000% down. And is obvious and can be changed to where completion of the game can be easily redone. And Miami would be 5-0 with an ugly win that they managed to get despite their QB gifting the Gatech defense with his worse completed game EVER. Our players fought through all of that to gut out a victory that Mario should have kneeled away. But nonetheless WE WON. And if the ACC/NCAA can’t/won’t make this right I want an asterisk next to UMs name for every game with an explanation.

J
For over 15 years, we have regularly sent game tapes to the ACC for the lack of holding calls against us, regularly overruling calls that were in our favor and other obvious biases. The only reaction from the ACC was to suspend the officiating team, that didn't reverse the call on the last-minute TD against Duke several years back.

Message sent!

That's our role, we're the ACC's *****.

For over 15 years, we have regularly sent game tapes to the ACC for the lack of holding calls against us, regularly overruling calls that were in our favor and other obvious biases. The only reaction from the ACC was to suspend the officiating team, that didn't reverse the call on the last-minute TD against Duke several years back.

Message sent!

That's our role, we're the ACC's *****.
Just like Mario and TVD need to be accountable for their decisions/gameplay, the referees have to be held accountable. This could be the most egregious and costly error on a visual replay in the replay era? Does anyone have comparables that don’t involve judgement calls (I.e pass interference, holding). That not only cost a team a game but shutdown title aspirations immediately and possibly ruin a season/the change of a whole program.

We are looking at this call on such a small scale because our coach preceded it with the dumbest decision in history. The ref has replay for this very specific reason though. To ensure there is no question in a moment like this. Again, the Gatech doesn’t even make his defensive thrust to pull the ball until Cheney’s elbow hit the ground. Mind you they should have called progress before that as well with a whistle to be avoiding unnecessary contact/damage with time out and the game won.

Advertisement
The loss is on Mario and the coaching staff! Close game and several turnovers (interceptions) they should have known to take a knee with being up 3 points. It’s got to be the worst lost by coaching decision in program history. GT had no timeouts!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chaney fumbled. It happens, but without that no one talks about not taking a knee.

Importantly, we asked Mario to get out of the way and let Dawson do his job. He did and we blame him because Chaney fumbled. Not right. Mario was self accountable when he said that he should have stepped in. He did not put Dawson under the bus.
Except for all the people who were screaming about taking a knee before the fumble.

It doesn’t matter for all the f*ckups. TVD, the bad call to run.

Because it is not and wasn’t a fumble. I’ve watched it 100 times now.

Forward progress should have been whistled by the refs to avoid possible injuries and additional contact BUT with that said his elbow was down. It is BLATANT and OBVIOUS.

There should be immediate action taken by the team, led by the administration, and aided by the fans. Every possible avenue should be utilized to scream from the mountain tops for an appeal and overturning of this call.

It has not only ACC championship rankings, championship implications, but recruiting impacts, and most importantly for CFB - possible playoff implications.

Please @DMoney and @Peter Ariz make noise within the program. Tell them how important it is that they try and fight this. And all of us need to be LAF on social media and send out as many emails as necessary to know that someone is pushing for the correct call to be made. On ESPN they don’t even mention the fumble call.

It is 10000% down. And is obvious and can be changed to where completion of the game can be easily redone. And Miami would be 5-0 with an ugly win that they managed to get despite their QB gifting the Gatech defense with his worse completed game EVER. Our players fought through all of that to gut out a victory that Mario should have kneeled away. But nonetheless WE WON. And if the ACC/NCAA can’t/won’t make this right I want an asterisk next to UMs name for every game with an explanation.

J

U sound goofy af.

Even after the alleged fumble, all Miami had to do was stop Tech from driving 50 yards into FG range. The defense had shut down Tech all night long. Even caused an incompletion on the first play after the alleged fumble.

They proceeded to follow this with give up two long completions, one for the game-winning touchdown.

it’s mindnumbing.

According to many Chaney didn't fumble the refs blew it plus Chaney was surrounded by tech players ripping at the ball whereas the victory formation that could not happen. Blaming Chaney is absurd.

Advertisement
Back