It’s been real…

Martin did a great job last year when Butler was out. I like him a lot but I am surprised his in the starting lineup. I wanna say his at the 4 cause everybody else is smaller. Positions don't matter in Spo offense
well its bc we couldn't get a 4 and we weren't paying the tax. by default we had to go small

Advertisement
Honestly lol the Brock Berlin days. We weren't national championship level but at least those teams were really good. We have never reached those 9-3 Coker teams since. That's my opinion on the last time I felt good about being a Hurricane fan. Brock had these 2 crazy come from behind games against Louisville and Florida

I'd been living in California for the past 32 years. I used to pick one game a year to fly in for. I was at both of those games. Both were epic comebacks. The UF game was beautiful. Paul Dee had to give 25K tickets to UF for them to agree to play in the Orange Bowl. I remember posting all kinds of smack at Paul Dee for that decision, but walking out of that stadium amongst a large group of UF fans was...... FUN, lol

well its bc we couldn't get a 4 and we weren't paying the tax. by default we had to go small

Ahh, no wonder. I didn't pay attention to the offseason or summer league. The first game against the bulls creeped up on me out of nowhere. I was not prepared for the NBA season. Pretty soon all of my focus is going over there

I did not use my two season tickets this weekend. I simply could not justify the time and effort to drive down from central Florida for the product Ive been seeing on the field. I offered my tickets up to two groups of diehard Canes fans in the Miami area. Both groups said, "thanks but no thanks." Both groups are people that Ive attended UM games with since the early 1980's.

If y'all wanna bash OP for announcing that he's mentally checking out from UM football, go ahead. But make no mistake, he's far from alone. This is the worst performing Canes team that I can remember in my lifetime. And I can say that my first UM football game was in 1978. (much earlier for UM baseball)

Mario seems to have lost the team. Why is anyone surprised that he's losing the fans? How long until he loses the recruiting class?
Absolutely, this is an unmitigated disaster. Penalties last week made a game against a bad VT team actually close. 8 turnovers this week and we get blown out of the building. Columbus guys wanted their buddy at the helm. We got hosed.

I'd been living in California for the past 32 years. I used to pick one game a year to fly in for. I was at both of those games. Both were epic comebacks. The UF game was beautiful. Paul Dee had to give 25K tickets to UF for them to agree to play in the Orange Bowl. I remember posting all kinds of smack at Paul Dee for that decision, but walking out of that stadium amongst a large group of UF fans was...... FUN, lol

That's right!!!! I totally forgot about the 25k. This was back in the days when the Gators refused to play Miami anywhere. Brock Berlin beating his ex school too lol I loved that game

Advertisement
Idk who is softer, our fans or players?
How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

Absolutely, this is an unmitigated disaster. Penalties last week made a game against a bad VT team actually close. 8 turnovers this week and we get blown out of the building. Columbus guys wanted their buddy at the helm. We got hosed.

Even before VA tech scored those 2 TDs....that game was not fun to watch. We were watching 2 of the ACC worst teams play each other and that was not a good feeling

That's right!!!! I totally forgot about the 25k. This was back in the days when the Gators refused to play Miami anywhere. Brock Berlin beating his ex school too lol I loved that game

Yup. UF kind of wilted in that game. The Canes were the better conditioned team in that game.

The Louisville game was a Thursday night game. The stadium was empty when the game started and filled to capacity by the end of the first quarter. Same thing. UM was the better conditioned team. The Hester punt return for TD changed the entire game. Although I will say, the CODA kid who played QB for Louisville in that game was DEALING. If he doesnt get hurt, Im not sure we win. He did take like 7 or 8 big hits before he finally went out of the game.

(CODA = child of deaf adults)

Yup. UF kind of wilted in that game. The Canes were the better conditioned team in that game.

The Louisville game was a Thursday night game. The stadium was empty when the game started and filled to capacity by the end of the first quarter. Same thing. UM was the better conditioned team. The Hester punt return for TD changed the entire game. Although I will say, the CODA kid who played QB for Louisville in that game was DEALING. If he doesnt get hurt, Im not sure we win. He did take like 7 or 8 big hits before he finally went out of the game.

(CODA = child of deaf adults)

I didn't know he was a CODA, I have a bunch in my family who are deaf with CODA kids.

Advertisement
I'm not looking forward to the FSU game. I can't miss it but I should
100% that will be the hardest to pass on. It's a rivalry game and anything can happen, but I can't stomach the thought of watching them dismantle this team. Never seen a team that just looks like they're uninterested.

Guys taking the easy way out. Fine, so be it.

I was 6 when Miami last won a National title.

I’ve seen one 10-win season in the past two decades.

I barely remember a time when this team wasn’t a national embarrassment; and yet, I refuse to pack it in. Some of you need to improve your mental and emotional toughness.

I did not use my two season tickets this weekend. I simply could not justify the time and effort to drive down from central Florida for the product Ive been seeing on the field. I offered my tickets up to two groups of diehard Canes fans in the Miami area. Both groups said, "thanks but no thanks." Both groups are people that Ive attended UM games with since the early 1980's.

If y'all wanna bash OP for announcing that he's mentally checking out from UM football, go ahead. But make no mistake, he's far from alone. This is the worst performing Canes team that I can remember in my lifetime. And I can say that my first UM football game was in 1978. (much earlier for UM baseball)

Mario seems to have lost the team. Why is anyone surprised that he's losing the fans? How long until he loses the recruiting class?
Keeping his contract tho

I barely remember a time when this team wasn’t a national embarrassment; and yet, I refuse to pack it in. Some of you need to improve your mental and emotional toughness.
I agree, A bunch of emotional mental midgets. I know it will get fixed with a tougher and more physical injection of new players.

Advertisement
he'd have to really love UM lol. he bailed on the program for a rightfully better gig at Bama after a month? I dont blame him for that and it was a career saver, but I dont see him reducing a buyout when he was another 5-6 years left on the deal if that happens
Sad but true. That Richt thing was a one in a million called for by Jesus. Mario strikes me as a guy who listens to Benjamin first.

Advertisement

I respect that.

But also can’t fault those hanging it up. Saturday has become torture. And don’t lie…. these Ls put you in a funk and effect your mood for the rest of the weekend, at least. It’s not fun. If an OG fan no longer wants to deal with that, I get it too.

I respect that.

But also can’t fault those hanging it up. Saturday has become torture. And don’t lie…. these Ls put you in a funk and effect your mood for the rest of the weekend, at least. It’s not fun. If an OG fan no longer wants to deal with that, I get it too.
We’re all in the same boat. But bringing that crap on to an already toxic message board isn’t the solution. If people really need to distance themselves from UM football, then do it, but people say they are going to do that and then spend hours a week on CIS bytching and complaining. Can’t have It both ways.

Advertisement
Back