Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

Advertisement
Haitians kinda are comparable to Polynesians, RVA. There are LOTS of parallels. I'd go even further and say West Indians in general, with Bahamians, Jamaicans, and Haitians mirroring Tongans, Samoans, and Native Hawaiians. The first Haitian cat to make it to the league is Edison's Jocelyn Borgella back around '95. Fast forward 25 years and there are Zoes all over the NFL. 85-90% of them were born and/or raised in SoFla(the remainder are from the rest of Florida, the Northeast, and extremely odd cases like Whitney Mercilus and Pierre Desir, who grew up respectively in the well-known Haitian-American strongholds of Akron and small-town Missouri, lol).
I saw it coming from 1,000,000 miles away because I grew up in the generation that started the Caribbean explosion. It was a perfect storm when the Caribbean population boom happened here just like when Polynesians started moving en masse to Cali and the rest of the Western U.S. California(and SoCal in particular), like Florida(and SoFla in particular) prior to the West Indian influx, was already a football hotbed before Polys caught on to the game like that. The rise of the Polys elevated their already lofty recruiting status much like the Island kids did here.
I saw when then Island kids were being introduced to the game. ****, I was part of the group that did the introducing. Once they started growing up around us Yanks, it was a wrap. I knew any Island kid who could adjust to the physicality of the game had a chance to excel in it. Too many natural tools. Likely because most have backgrounds in Fútbol and T&F, most of 'em can run fast and for a long time and are very agile. Even when I coach Optimist, I found that the Island kids who are new to the game take to the carioca & other footwork drills like fish to water. You don't normally think of them in the same way as the Polys because the West Indies are so much closer to the mainland, but there are many similarities.
Look at our '01 defense, we had a Zoe 1st Rounder at DT, a Zoe 1st Rounder at LB, and two freshman DBs who wore #6 and #26 with roots in the Bahamas and Jamaica respectively. Even now, our DT1's dad wrote & directed SHOTTAS!! If you wanna run up the A gap against us, you'll likely have to get past a Dread(I know Nesta and Ford are and I'm assuming JHH is cuz he's from Brooklyn. And Brooklyn got more Jamaicans than Jamaica)...
Yeah it’s similar with the Polynesians and the family thing. Way back in the late 80’s, I knew a lot of Jamaicans in Miami who came from Brooklyn.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Patke coaching the LBs. Finley, Gil, and Keontra have some of our most consistent players on D. Plus, with Manny and Shoop helping, we should have better LB play next year. Aristide with have Gil and James MFing Williams pushing for playing time behind him (I'm hoping Keontra gets moved the LB).

Off season Manny strikes again
If you set aside the constant same posters on here who bash whoever on the staff, from Banda the bartender to the idiots who actually questioned lashlee and likens during the szn..and now Patke..if you ignore the noise and be objective you’d come to your the conclusion that Patkes room has been well groomed. Gil was a ******* HS CB. Romeo a “jag” and buried the on the chart at safety and both immediately produced..so patkes good with me until proven otherwise

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Some of these comments though. SMH

1. Stop fvckin' ragging on Patke. Yall MF'ers don't know **** about his coaching. Stop acting like yall know what these coaches are capable of. There's absolutely zero evidence that Patke can't coach LB's. It's not like you can point to anything specific, like a lack of technique used by his players. (like you can with a DL coach) The kids at Patke's position have played well.

2. To branch off that, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. The LB's ain't gonna get much better UNTIL WE RECRUIT BETTER. So just because a certain unit isn't that good, doesn't always mean that they're not being developed. Our best LB right now might actually be a Freshman, and he hasn't even been here long enough to be "developed". LINEBACKER IS AN INSTINCTUAL POSITION!!!
You MF'ers keep over-using the word "development" but don't even know what goes into the development of a Linebacker. Tell us how it's done!

3. For the 300th time. LINEBACKER AND STRIKER ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSITIONS THAT DO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STUFF!!!! So yes, there needs to be a separate coach. And no it won't cause a lick of confusion. THEY'RE NOT THE SAME POSITION!

Last edited:
You guys overrate what position coaches do way too much on here. Get guys who can bring 5* talent in & watch how much the "development" changes.
Ok..that’s total bs there. Yes you need dawgs on the trail. But you for **** sure better be able to command a room, relate, know your **** within the structure of the system and be able to communicate and teach your kids...players have more of a relationship with their position coach then the HC or DC or OC in most aspects.

Advertisement
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Some of these comments though. SMH

1. Stop fvckin' ragging on Patke. Yall MF'ers don't know **** about his coaching. Stop acting like yall know what these coaches are capable of. There's absolutely zero evidence that Patke can't coach LB's. It's not like you can point to anything specific, like a lack of technique used by his players. (like you can with a DL coach) The kids at Patke's position have played well.

2. To branch off that, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. The LB's ain't gonna get much better UNTIL WE RECRUIT BETTER. So just because a certain unit isn't that good, doesn't always mean that they're not being developed. Our best LB right now might actually be a Freshman, and he hasn't even been here long enough to be "developed". LINEBACKER IS AN INSTINCTUAL POSITION!!!
You MF'ers keep over-using the word "development" but don't even know what goes into the development of a Linebacker. Tell us how it's done!

3. For the 300th time. LINEBACKER AND STRIKER ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSITIONS THAT DO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STUFF!!!! So yes, there needs to be a separate coach. And no it won't coach a lick of confusion. THEY'RE NOT THE SAME POSITION!
All of this..these mofos just be talking **** at times..it’s like they don’t pay attention. The strikers have been fine. Patke from all accounts knows his ****

the latest classic..” position coaches are overrated”
1613882820537.gif

Ok..that’s total bs there. Yes you need dawgs on the trail. But your for **** sure better be able to command a room, relate, know your **** withing the structure of the system and be able to communicate and teach your kids...players have more of a relationship with their position coach then the HC or DC or OC in most aspects.
I agree but this site acts like every team in the nation has these well known position coaches. Most position coaches you never heard of.

I agree but this site acts like every team in the nation has these well known position coaches. Most position coaches you never heard of.
Okay from that aspect, yes. Most the great Position coaches are not know and are somewhat out of the limelight. But they play a HUGE ROLE. As much as any coordinator imo. The coordinators get a lot of the credit. But there’s a reason why most successful OC/DCs try to bring “their guys” with them where they go if they’ve had success with them. And usually that entails trusted position coaches

Advertisement
Yeah it’s similar with the Polynesians and the family thing. Way back in the late 80’s, I knew a lot of Jamaicans in Miami who came from Brooklyn.
Facts. I feel like we should be to Caribbean kids what USC is to the Polys. In fact, I take it a little harder when we lose an Island kid(especially from the Tri-County) than an American local kid to a Bama, UGA, or Clemson type. At least there's a good chance the American kid has extended family and/or roots in another part of the country. When we lose a Jeudy to Bama or a Sony to UGA, I'm like Bruh, y'all don't even eats grits in y'all house!!! The fucc you goin to Oxford, Mississippi for?!?!?! Until Rutgers and Boston College are powerhouses, we shouldn't have any competition for a West Indian kid...

Haitians kinda are comparable to Polynesians, RVA. There are LOTS of parallels. I'd go even further and say West Indians in general, with Bahamians, Jamaicans, and Haitians mirroring Tongans, Samoans, and Native Hawaiians. The first Haitian cat to make it to the league is Edison's Jocelyn Borgella back around '95. Fast forward 25 years and there are Zoes all over the NFL. 85-90% of them were born and/or raised in SoFla(the remainder are from the rest of Florida, the Northeast, and extremely odd cases like Whitney Mercilus and Pierre Desir, who grew up respectively in the well-known Haitian-American strongholds of Akron and small-town Missouri, lol).
I saw it coming from 1,000,000 miles away because I grew up in the generation that started the Caribbean explosion. It was a perfect storm when the Caribbean population boom happened here just like when Polynesians started moving en masse to Cali and the rest of the Western U.S. California(and SoCal in particular), like Florida(and SoFla in particular) prior to the West Indian influx, was already a football hotbed before Polys caught on to the game like that. The rise of the Polys elevated their already lofty recruiting status much like the Island kids did here.
I saw when then Island kids were being introduced to the game. ****, I was part of the group that did the introducing. Once they started growing up around us Yanks, it was a wrap. I knew any Island kid who could adjust to the physicality of the game had a chance to excel in it. Too many natural tools. Likely because most have backgrounds in Fútbol and T&F, most of 'em can run fast and for a long time and are very agile. Even when I coach Optimist, I found that the Island kids who are new to the game take to the carioca & other footwork drills like fish to water. You don't normally think of them in the same way as the Polys because the West Indies are so much closer to the mainland, but there are many similarities.
Look at our '01 defense, we had a Zoe 1st Rounder at DT, a Zoe 1st Rounder at LB, and two freshman DBs who wore #6 and #26 with roots in the Bahamas and Jamaica respectively. Even now, our DT1's dad wrote & directed SHOTTAS!! If you wanna run up the A gap against us, you'll likely have to get past a Dread(I know Nesta and Ford are and I'm assuming JHH is cuz he's from Brooklyn. And Brooklyn got more Jamaicans than Jamaica)...

That’s a slice of south Florida in a nutshell. I’ve been to a lot of places, you won’t find a more diverse environment. People think “oh you know the Caribbean, it’s all the same”, but every different island/country is distinctive, we have people from all over, not just the islands, but from all over the world, too.

Interesting name. Hadn't heard his name mentioned before this post.

Can't offer much of an opinion other than to say it's clear Manny wanted a recruiter for that last coaching spot. May be a shakeup in who coaches what, but weird having no one on staff who is an experienced teacher at the position.
Jimmies and Joes. That’s what I believe Manny is on.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Patke coaching the LBs. Finley, Gil, and Keontra have some of our most consistent players on D. Plus, with Manny and Shoop helping, we should have better LB play next year. Aristide with have Gil and James MFing Williams pushing for playing time behind him (I'm hoping Keontra gets moved the LB).

Off season Manny strikes again
1613884263337.gif

Advertisement
Smart chess move by Manny. I have to admit this move was unexpected but I applaud what Manny did here. A top young recruiter who knows the SoFla recruiting landscape and has had success recruiting the area. Patke coaching ILBs and Aristide coaching strikers makes sense because strikers are basically in-the-box safeties.

As for Patke coaching ILBs, time will tell but the STs and striker performed well under him last year. I thought Gil was the most consistent performer in the back seven. And well, both kickers were finalists for awards. Getting better at LB means recruiting the position better. We have to prioritize kids with the size to take on blocks, stack them, and shed them. Right now we're undersized and have to run around blocks in the box and teams know that. Don't believe me go put the film from the UNC game on. More instinctual players with the requisite size and speed. For instance, Saban has a chart of measurables for each position. You may miss on some, and yes, Bama misses plenty but they have enough bodies at each position with the right measurables to cover for misses. We don't.

All that said, I like the recruiting potential of this staff. My only concern is that their effect won't be felt until the 2023 cycle. Hopefully, they have time to develop relationships in-time for 2022 recruits.
Why do you think that?. You do realize these guys were the south florida recruiters at their previous schools. These dudes already have relationships with 2023 kids. @JackuulCane . Thee effect will be felt right away

i will say, it'll be interesting to see whether patke can make something happen with the ILBs. i won't deny he's green and it's a risk, but i don't share the same hate boner people seem to have for the guy on here. his track record of striker development is pretty good with finley and frierson both developing into strong players under his watch. frierson especially has become a smart player who is able to lead on defense, and if patke can manage that with any of our ILBs i think we'll be happy with the results.
As long as Ishmael can make up for his recruiting i think it will be fine. Patke has coached up the strikers for sure. However, you can't convince me he's done that great on special teams but that's beside the point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why do you think that?. You do realize these guys were the south florida recruiters at their previous schools. These dudes already have relationships with 2023 kids. @JackuulCane . Thee effect will be felt right away
That's what we hope but representing a different school changes the conversation because know you're talking up a different school, head coach, staff, academics, facilities, etc.

And my point was for the 2022 kids, not the 2023 kids.

some of the best recruiters spend more time talking about life outside of football than the football life while recruiting certain kids

Advertisement
Back