Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

Advertisement
multiple things but as with the t will thing -- bump in pay, title bump, and factor in going home was probably too much for fisher to overcome. looks like atm fans wanted him to go on field for a while so thats a good thing
That makes logical sense. I suppose I thought Fisher would’ve tried to keep him given he’s got the #1 revenue generating school in his pockets. But agreed perhaps Jimbo couldn’t match all of that. Oh well his loss is our gain - hopefully a great one at that as well.

ED8F9497-E4CE-4974-8A7E-709D894AEBBA.jpeg

Advertisement
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Patke coaching the LBs. Finley, Gil, and Keontra have some of our most consistent players on D. Plus, with Manny and Shoop helping, we should have better LB play next year. Aristide with have Gil and James MFing Williams pushing for playing time behind him (I'm hoping Keontra gets moved the LB).

Off season Manny strikes again

Advertisement
So we lost a good to very good linebacker coach and picked up another secondary guy who is supposed to be a good recruiter. That's great and all and he had better be able to recruit his *** off or none of it will matter.

I won't say this is a win today, seems to be a lot of spinning going on in this thread. Better find someone to coach the position, because they've been awful. Granted, I don't think the best linebacker coach in the country would've helped much last year with how a Manny defense leaves them out to dry like it does.

I keep saying the days of domination are over. The only way it comes back is if we get some up and comer (Is that Manny) who is innovative (not Manny) or can stockpile talent that we have locally (Manny and a staff of recruiters) to out talent teams. Seems he trending towards the latter and with time, maybe they grow into an outstanding staff.

The gone guy though was a much better hire (at least on paper), but hopefully this works out in the long run. No disrespect to the new man on staff, hope it works out for all.

Advertisement
It's gotta be more than 50%. I'd say closer to 90%.
I pulled up his poRsting history and went straight back to page 10 to move forward with some quotes and there were like 10 quotes like this per page. It’s not sporadic. His whole thing is calling Miami fans and CIS members ****** fans because we don’t follow the Manny Meat Milkers’ Idea of loyal Canes Fan Protocol

Look at any of the Miami kids they've pulled. He played a huge hand in them. He was also key to recruiting some Houston kids for them as well.

thanks. I only saw his name associated with one sofla dude - donnell. That’s why I asked.

Advertisement
I pulled up his poRsting history and went straight back to page 10 to move forward with some quotes and there were like 10 quotes like this per page. It’s not sporadic. His whole thing is calling Miami fans and CIS members ****** fans because we don’t follow the Manny Meat Milkers’ Idea of loyal Canes Fan Protocol
I literally thought the only thing he posted about was other fans and his contempt for them.

Lol. I have no doubt. Many kids I knew in school had family roots in the different islands.
Haitians kinda are comparable to Polynesians, RVA. There are LOTS of parallels. I'd go even further and say West Indians in general, with Bahamians, Jamaicans, and Haitians mirroring Tongans, Samoans, and Native Hawaiians. The first Haitian cat to make it to the league is Edison's Jocelyn Borgella back around '95. Fast forward 25 years and there are Zoes all over the NFL. 85-90% of them were born and/or raised in SoFla(the remainder are from the rest of Florida, the Northeast, and extremely odd cases like Whitney Mercilus and Pierre Desir, who grew up respectively in the well-known Haitian-American strongholds of Akron and small-town Missouri, lol).
I saw it coming from 1,000,000 miles away because I grew up in the generation that started the Caribbean explosion. It was a perfect storm when the Caribbean population boom happened here just like when Polynesians started moving en masse to Cali and the rest of the Western U.S. California(and SoCal in particular), like Florida(and SoFla in particular) prior to the West Indian influx, was already a football hotbed before Polys caught on to the game like that. The rise of the Polys elevated their already lofty recruiting status much like the Island kids did here.
I saw when then Island kids were being introduced to the game. ****, I was part of the group that did the introducing. Once they started growing up around us Yanks, it was a wrap. I knew any Island kid who could adjust to the physicality of the game had a chance to excel in it. Too many natural tools. Likely because most have backgrounds in Fútbol and T&F, most of 'em can run fast and for a long time and are very agile. Even when I coach Optimist, I found that the Island kids who are new to the game take to the carioca & other footwork drills like fish to water. You don't normally think of them in the same way as the Polys because the West Indies are so much closer to the mainland, but there are many similarities.
Look at our '01 defense, we had a Zoe 1st Rounder at DT, a Zoe 1st Rounder at LB, and two freshman DBs who wore #6 and #26 with roots in the Bahamas and Jamaica respectively. Even now, our DT1's dad wrote & directed SHOTTAS!! If you wanna run up the A gap against us, you'll likely have to get past a Dread(I know Nesta and Ford are and I'm assuming JHH is cuz he's from Brooklyn. And Brooklyn got more Jamaicans than Jamaica)...

Has Patke been coaching strikers?? Since he’s been coaching that position have we legitimately had any problems with Romeo, then followed by Gil??..didn’t think so. Carry on

Advertisement
Back