Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

So what happened with Cheney? Did the supposed negotiations break down? Will he surface at UCF (reportedly interested)? Or was Aristide simply the better choice?

Advertisement
So what happened with Cheney? Did the supposed negotiations break down? Will he surface at UCF (reportedly interested)? Or was Aristide simply the better choice?
Much better choice, tbh. Aristide much more plugged in Dade. Wouldn’t mind poaching Cheney in an off field role if he’d be interested, but Miss St is his alma mater.

Can someone explain to me how this hire is going to improve our most poorly performing unit on the team this upcoming season?

Advertisement
Jennings has two bum hips unless you hire the guy who builds robocop ain’t nothing changing
I don’t think it’s the hips that keeps making him run into wrong gaps and away from plays
Either he just has no instinct or he’s extremely poorly coached

Advertisement
There's a lot of LBs on the roster. And several of them are highly recruited guys. You can't get 2 good ones ready to play better than a couple of cripples who run like 78 year old knee replacement patients? Fck outta here.
Manny only likes to play LBs that can teach his playbook in a Graduate Level course even though other younger more athletic LBs, who may not know as much of the playbook, would end up at the right spot more often than his “professors” even if by accident

He was a richt legacy
But he’s a manny recruit
We were creaming that we flipped him from FSU hahaha
Based on manny’s recent hires
I get the impression that he feels like dbs and lbs are more natural instinct and talent so he wants dogs on the trail that will just get him top level talent that will play above the X’s and O’s

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me how this hire is going to improve our most poorly performing unit on the team this upcoming season?
The best performing unit on our DEF in 2020 is now coaching the worse performing unit on our DEF. I think CMD knows what he's doing. He's earned the benefit of the doubt at this point point after the changes he'd been willing to make.

Advertisement
But he’s a manny recruit
We were creaming that we flipped him from FSU hahaha
Based on manny’s recent hires
I get the impression that he feels like dbs and lbs are more natural instinct and talent so he wants dogs on the trail that will just get him top level talent that will play above the X’s and O’s
Yeah alot of revisionist history on here. Jennings wasnt a 2* bum out of HS. Many on here pegged him as the "thumper" like replacement for Shaq. We knew what we were getting when he signed on. He wasnt good in coverage in HS and wasnt a sideline to sideline player. He was a downhill thumper and we all loved his highlights.. We recruited Steed and Wilder to be the sideline to sideline/coverage guys but unfortunately they didnt pan out either due to injuries. That LB class was just cursed with horrible injuries.

That said, we need some of the younger guys to step up this Spring. Mainly Brooks, TAC, and Huff. The Jennings/Steed experiment needs to finally be over.

The best performing unit on our DEF in 2020 is now coaching the worse performing unit on our DEF. I think CMD knows what he's doing. He's earned the benefit of the doubt at this point point after the changes he'd been willing to make.
He may cet credit for reactively changing his failures but he sure hasn’t earned any on-field benefit of the doubt in my book.

Spot on.

I mentioned other day Manny wants this to be like Clemson , not much turnover. When somebody leaves somebody is ready to roll right into that spot. Same with Likens on O. He wants continuity , with the coaches and playbooks. This hire makes sense. Even though it’s a tad suspect coaching wise. Patke is a very smart x o guy but can’t recruit, but aristide is a question mark coaching olb and striker. It will definitely help with recruiting.

The issue with this hire (for me) is that he isn't going to help change the way we actually play defense. T-Will was respected and was going to have the pedigree to provide new and fresh ideas while recruiting at a very high level.

This kid is not and the scheme is going to look exactly like it has the last couple of years with Patke taking on a bigger role. He's a Manny yes man.

Advertisement
Back