Isaiah Dunson CB commits

We're going to finally see the real Mike Rumph over the next two seasons.

Rumph's strength is supposed to be development. Colbert, Young, MJ. Even Dean started looking okay in the end there. But Delaney struggled and Bandy is Bandy, and the jury is out on Ivey, Blades, and the 2019 and 2020 kids. I'm not sure we can definitively say anything other than he's not a good recruiter but not a bad developer.

If Rumph is who his supporters say he is, we should have a high quality stable of CBs who can help win the ACC for us. Because the raw talent is absolutely there with Blades, Couch, Williams, Clarke and Dunson, even if they're not future Day 1/2 NFL prospects like the kids that got away. If not, we're going to be giving up big plays that will cost us some games. Hoping for the best.

Everyone is saying buddy can’t recruit but all but one of our corners are 4 stars ⭐️. I understand he didn’t get those South Florida divas but the price tag on those guys were too high for UM to even look at the auction lol. We have controlled what we can control and got the guys who say no to the bags to come here. Those guys are all highly rated and can ball too. I love the approach.

Advertisement
Everyone is saying buddy can’t recruit but all but one of our corners are 4 stars ⭐. I understand he didn’t get those South Florida divas but the price tag on those guys were too high for UM to even look at the auction lol. We have controlled what we can control and got the guys who say no to the bags to come here. Those guys are all highly rated and can ball too. I love the approach.
Until he turns these four stars into 1st or second round draft picks then he’s about as average as his recruiting.

He's got good ball skills. He and Clarke add a playmaker element at CB. For a team that lives and dies by the turnover...this can't be understated.
Those 2 in addition to Christian Williams from last class who is a good athlete and with the measurables/testing numbers you like plus what he did on offense is very impressive as well. I love having playmaking dbs, important element for me at the position

Advertisement
Back