Is yearby in a camp

He left because he wont get burn here thats why.....why r people complaining he left too early. If he stayed he wouldnt play either....i just dont get why people r confused about this.

Advertisement
And nobody here knows his exact reasons for leaving. We do know he was in the doghouse so what if he had an ultimatum. Enter the draft or find another school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way that ultimatum stays quiet. Especially with Yearby unable to find an NFL landing spot.

He left because he wont get burn here thats why.....why r people complaining he left too early. If he stayed he wouldnt play either....i just dont get why people r confused about this.

He left because his ego wouldn't allow him to accept that he's not as good as Dalvin Cook or Mark Walton.

He made a terrible decision for himself, and this team. Would have been nice to have Yearby and Homer as back-ups to Walton. That's quality depth, IMO.

Instead, we have 3 unknowns behind the starter.

Advertisement
He's spending the summer at Camp Wannapaycheck.

hnG9a8.gif

Advertisement

He definitely would have been the #2 back.

Staff misread the situation last year, they moved Gus ahead of him. Joe decided to leave early and then Gus transferred. Perhaps they knew Joe was already planning to leave and wanted to try to keep Gus around, who knows.

Don't get the hate for Joe. He had a nice career here, elite feet/vision but lacked speed. The two years they were on campus together

Yearby: 307 carries, 1610 yards, 5.2 ypc
Walton: 339 carries, 1578 yards, 4.7 ypc

I think as a pure runner stand point, Yearby might have been better than Walton. Yearby definitely has better vision. however, walton can catch better and is a much better blocker. also a bigger player too.

regardless, it would have been very, very nice had Yearby stayed for both the team and himself. perhaps he could have taken this season to slim down, work on his speed/agility to impress the scouts. at the very least, by staying on an elite collegiate team, he could have learned to become a coach.

He didn't get a high draft grade or anything. Has a young child and needed to start making money right away. Probably didn't expect to get drafted and was hoping to latch on somewhere as a FA. Would probably be happy with a spot on someone's practice squad. Definitely would at this point, I imagine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Him coming back to play as a backup would have done nothing for him . For the team it would have been nice but for him as a father needing money now it doesn't help. He wasn't going to improve his draft grade he already played 3 years.

Advertisement

He left because his ego wouldn't allow him to accept that he's not as good as Dalvin Cook or Mark Walton.

He made a terrible decision for himself, and this team. Would have been nice to have Yearby and Homer as back-ups to Walton. That's quality depth, IMO.

He wasnt going to play though how can he benefit if hes not playing.........Homer is way more explosive then he is

He wasnt going to play though how can he benefit if hes not playing.........Homer is way more explosive then he is

I get what you saying D, Football wise, I wish he was still here. (for depth) But he wasn't gonna play much. I just hope he got his degree. I initially think leaving early means he didnt. Some (ala Kosar) do. Hopefully he has took care of business in the classroom and is ready for life after football.

Advertisement
I think as a pure runner stand point, Yearby might have been better than Walton. Yearby definitely has better vision. however, walton can catch better and is a much better blocker. also a bigger player too.

regardless, it would have been very, very nice had Yearby stayed for both the team and himself. perhaps he could have taken this season to slim down, work on his speed/agility to impress the scouts. at the very least, by staying on an elite collegiate team, he could have learned to become a coach.

Yearby listed at 5-9, 201. Walton at 5-9, 205.

Advertisement
Back