Is UVA the team that rids the program of the Golden Cancer?

If he survives getting fired in a few weeks, he'll be fired for certain next season.

Unlikely.

Those Coker and Shannon teams were clearly nose-diving toward the end and recruiting had completely fallen apart.

That doesn't seem to be the case right now. The team looks a lot better and we're still landing big commitments.

Holy ******* **** this guy.

Advertisement
You people are a disgrace. Im embarrassed that this program has fans like you.

Anyone who supports Golden at this point isn't a fan...they are faculty or a family member.

Don't criticize those who ACTUALLY care. Take your Don Bailey jr act and go root Temple or wherever the F Golden ends up next.

If he survives getting fired in a few weeks, he'll be fired for certain next season.

Unlikely.

Those Coker and Shannon teams were clearly nose-diving toward the end and recruiting had completely fallen apart.

That doesn't seem to be the case right now. The team looks a lot better and we're still landing big commitments.

What did I say that wasn't true?

And for the record I got no problems ****-canning Al Golden. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Some of you need to grow a pair! I guess it's your right as a canes fan to hope we lose, but you don't have to be so dam happy about it.

Don't underestimate UVA. I think we win, but it will be close.

Their only "bad" loss was GT 10-35. They played some good teams close and won some.
UNC beat them in a close game at end.

I do t think many teams can slow our offense right now. Maybe they create turnovers?

But UVA is not the shtty team they're made out to be. They beat Louisville and Pitt

Two weeks to prepare and 4 of their losses were road games

Last edited:
Advertisement

Unlikely.

What did I say that wasn't true?

And for the record I got no problems ****-canning Al Golden. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

The next thing you type on this board that has anything to do with Golden that is actually accurate with be the first time you do so.

Don't underestimate UVA. I think we win, but it will be close.

Their only "bad" loss was GT 10-35. They played some good teams close and won some.
UNC beat them in a close game at end.

I do t think many teams can slow our offense right now. Maybe they create turnovers?

But UVA is not the shtty team they're made out to be. They beat Louisville and Pitt

Two weeks to prepare and 4 of their losses were road games

I know a head coRch who most certainly can. Give him a double digit lead at half and watch what happens.

If Virginia were smart, they'd spot UM/Golden two touchdowns.

Then wait for the transition from Golden to Folden.

He'd try to sit on that lead for four quarters.

Advertisement

Anyone who supports Golden at this point isn't a fan...they are faculty or a family member.

Don't criticize those who ACTUALLY care. Take your Don Bailey jr act and go root Temple or wherever the F Golden ends up next.

LOL..... such tripe. Hopefully the administration is not as dumb as some of the so called fans that post here.

LOL..... such tripe. Hopefully the administration is not as dumb as some of the so called fans that post here.
So, you're happy with the job *****boy Golden has done?
Your happy that our team that was very ******* capable of winning this ****** *** division and getting at least 10 wins is now 6-4 and not even in the coastal title race?

I want to lose because I care about this football program. Al Golden has destroyed the only thing in my life that makes me happy. If the only way to save this program is a loss to the Virginia Cavaliers, I'm all ******* for it.

VT beat down probably saved Golden for this year, if this stupid administration was even thinking about firing him. Win against noles would have made it certain. I suspect the performance as it was is enough to save him. UVA will not matter. Maybe losing to both UVA and Pitt might hurt. As much as I want Al gone( I was pulling for mid-season fire), it might not be a bad thing to wait until the real problem, Donna, goes. Heck she might decide to give Randy a second chance with a 30 year contract. So one more year of bs and almost crap looks like the future. Better we win out and hope it helps 2015 recruiting.

I would never ROOT for my team to lose, but at this point I don't give a flying **** what happens.

Advertisement
He's not getting fired. Gotta hope for a miracle and that he bounces to another school.

He'll be back and well have another 8-4 type year, once all our top guys leave. Our depth sucks because Golden has been a poor recruiter, and it'll show next year. Kaaya is the only thing stopping us from being a 3 win team.

Tall do realize golden has only beat UVA once since he's been here? And thats probably the weakest team they've had in a while. We should be able to beat UVA handily but then again we should have in the past as well

Advertisement
I used to think we had a shot of losing him if we ended 7-5 or 6-6.

the last month, even with the loss, to me has removed that possibility unless they are epic disasters

just the way it is I think

I think it would have required 5-7 or worse. Once we mauled Virginia Tech, and particularly the way we dictated the game, Golden was safe.

I'll post again the exchange I had with a Virginia Tech fan while attending that game. When I told the nearby Hokie fans that a big segment of the Canes fan base hated Golden and wanted him to be fired, one middle aged guy chimed in, "Your fans aren't too bright, are they? Golden isn't going anywhere."

Every time I attend a Canes home game there's a comical disconnect between what I read on this site and the reality at the stadium and program. Blake James is always there, and very prominent. He's on the field during time outs and quarter changes, celebrating Canes athletes in so called minor sports. Now, these athletes aren't always dominant. It will be a 2nd or 3rd team All-ACC tennis player or golfer, for example. Yet the crowd applauds and James is beaming and genuinely proud.

I keep thinking to myself...fans on CanesInsight expect that Blake James, the one I'm looking at, to fire Al Golden?

The Monty Python theme song might as well be playing in the background. Absurdity. Unless Golden has a season like Muschamp last year, or another 6-6 type year following a collapse this season, he's ours.

unfortunate truth.

I used to think we had a shot of losing him if we ended 7-5 or 6-6.

the last month, even with the loss, to me has removed that possibility unless they are epic disasters

just the way it is I think

I think it would have required 5-7 or worse. Once we mauled Virginia Tech, and particularly the way we dictated the game, Golden was safe.

I'll post again the exchange I had with a Virginia Tech fan while attending that game. When I told the nearby Hokie fans that a big segment of the Canes fan base hated Golden and wanted him to be fired, one middle aged guy chimed in, "Your fans aren't too bright, are they? Golden isn't going anywhere."

Every time I attend a Canes home game there's a comical disconnect between what I read on this site and the reality at the stadium and program. Blake James is always there, and very prominent. He's on the field during time outs and quarter changes, celebrating Canes athletes in so called minor sports. Now, these athletes aren't always dominant. It will be a 2nd or 3rd team All-ACC tennis player or golfer, for example. Yet the crowd applauds and James is beaming and genuinely proud.

I keep thinking to myself...fans on CanesInsight expect that Blake James, the one I'm looking at, to fire Al Golden?

The Monty Python theme song might as well be playing in the background. Absurdity. Unless Golden has a season like Muschamp last year, or another 6-6 type year following a collapse this season, he's ours.

unfortunate truth.

What isn't bright is you and that Turkey fan not understanding the distinction between some fans wanting him gone and him actually leaving. Him not being gone next year doesn't make us wrong in our belief in wanting him gone. They are too different concepts.

I can't believe no one brought this one up.

The last time UM played UVA in prime time? 48-0 a$$ kicking in the OB...

This will be a different score, but same result - an embarrassment to the University.

I for one hope my Canes win big! UVA fires their coach, and thinks Al is the answer. Opens up the checkbook, and hires him away! Yep, that's a win win situation, and we all happy!

Advertisement
Back